Thu, Sep 19, 12:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 11:30 am)

Subject: Poser Pro Pack into Cinema 4D, back into Poser Pro Pack

garblesnix ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2005 at 11:17 AM ยท edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 12:21 PM

Poser Pro Pack?!?! (didn't Leaky find a copy of that in the Oldevai Gorge next to Lucy and some stone tools?) Anyway, I have been taking Cinema 4D modelling lessons at Eclectic University. They provide Cinema 4D CE V6.303 Is there a website/tutorial/person who can explain how to properly import an .obj from Poser Pro Pack-- (Didn't the Inca's use that to design their temples?) --into my version of Cinema 4D, and then properly export it using the correct proportions/normals/etc.? Any help provided with be regarded as golden. Thanks. g'x

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2005 at 12:06 PM

Getting the scale right can bedone in two ways.

1. With ObjAction Scaler from the FreeStuff here.

2. File menu, Import/Export settings, Wavefront, then set the Factor.

3. is much better for morphs

4. is quicker for other work, but rounding errors will build up over time.

You can flip normals in C4D, but your probably better doing it when you import in to Poser.

The problem is the way C4D V6 handles .OBJ files.
It helpfully (?) converts groups to seperate meshes on import, but doesn't combine them when exporting. It also doesn't preserve material assignments.
Later versions have improved this behaviour and there are also plugins that do a better job (Spanki's I think is for V7).

I think you can use UVmapper to retain the grouping, but you need to careful when making morphs that involve more than one body part.

garblesnix ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2005 at 1:00 PM

nruddock: Thanks for the quick response. I don't intend to do any morphing (yet). I am grouping together some pipe and bolt objects from 3DLand, and find it easier to do alignments and such in Cinema 4D. Two questions as a follow up, if I may: "File menu, Import/Export settings, Wavefront, then set the Factor." Is there a factor number I should use consistently? In UVMapper, do I "assign material" when I bring the object in to map it, and they will then be there when I open it in Poser? Thanks again for you insight. If I don't hear from you, have a great weekend. g'snix

nruddock ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2005 at 1:13 PM

Something like 100 or 1000 is what people suggest for ObjAction Scaler, and I use 100 for C4D.

If your importing from Poser and then exporting back again it's less important.
When your modelling from scratch is better to use something you can multiply by in your head.

garblesnix ( ) posted Fri, 27 May 2005 at 1:37 PM

Thanks again for all your help.

efer ( ) posted Sat, 28 May 2005 at 10:57 AM

I use a scale of 1000 when importing Poser .obj files into C4D. Eddie

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.