Thu, Sep 19, 5:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Hide layer(s) from rendering?

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2005 at 3:13 AM · edited Sat, 20 July 2024 at 6:45 AM

I was looking at some the tutorials on e-on site and have quick question. Can you actually hide a layer from rendering (as well as from the preview on screen)? In other words, can you render select layers in Vue? (I don't have V5I yet, but expect it next week!)

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2005 at 3:21 AM

You can hide layers from preview, yes. Simply click onto the eye symbol and select the closed eye one. In the render options you can select "render active layers only" then and render only...

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2005 at 3:32 AM

Thanks for the info! I can see this as being very handy in many cases, especially for compositing.

wabe ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2005 at 3:40 AM

You can render layers and/or objects and almost everything separate - directly into Photoshop layered images in Infinite. Another good thing about Infinite.

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

nanotyrannus ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2005 at 10:50 AM

Also in Infinate is the handy right click and "hide from render" option, which is really handy when you want something in there as a placeholder.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Fri, 03 June 2005 at 9:59 PM

@wabe - This is really cool. It's these features tthat attracted me to infintite in the first place. I'm really hoping the RPF output is compatible with my video compositing software (combustion). @nanotyrannis - (control-click) for me. But I'll remember that shortcut.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.