Fri, Sep 20, 10:10 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Question with lighting

BusyB967 ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 12:48 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 9:29 PM

file_249759.jpg

I still like to work with blending two or more photos together using the layer masks in Photoshop.. None of the images have been cut.. My question is - Does the lighting work with the two images... All input would be helpful.. Thanks Ed P

kimariehere ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 1:27 AM

i think it would work better as a black and white but then again .. what do i know .. have to ask the experts just my view on it... lovely shots merged!

kimmers ♥ :O)

BusyB967 ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 2:17 AM

file_249760.jpg

Ok.. A couple more choices. Which works best if any #2

BusyB967 ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 2:18 AM

file_249761.jpg

solrac_gi_2nd ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 9:06 AM

#3 is my 'choice'. Let the experts say their opinion. Whites are not easy to 'handle' and if you have strong contrasts in the photo it is harder :) ( just my opinion ). Carlos.

cynlee ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 11:22 AM

it's a bit tight with the duck's tail cut off... honestly, this one just doesn't do it for me... as far as the lighting... they don't match, when compared to the duck, there'd be some light on the blossom coming from the lefthand top corner & some shadow at the ground of it :] hope that helps some...

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 11:39 AM

Parts of the duck and most of the flowers seem too overexposed or "blown out". The light sources from each pic are quite different and it's very noticeable.What are you tryin to convey with this image?

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 6:52 PM

Oooooh! Watch out those highlights dear!!! O_O I agree with Cyn and Joe here! This one doesn't work for me either! Just my humble 7 pennies! :)

BusyB967 ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 8:54 PM

file_249762.jpg

I enjoy on occasion mixing my photo's to see if I can come up with something different. Matching photos that are taken at different times and places can be tough but sometimes I find something that works.. I guess this isn't one of those times.. I usually shoot with a Coolpix 995 and lately I've been using a friend's Dimage 7.My camerea skills are limited and one of the problems I have sometimes is washing out the whites..I usually count on Photoshop to take care of everything which doesn't always work.. This is one that did seem to work. I'll probably lower the water a little bit and as Cynlee mentioned at my post that the swan was a little washed out but it was the only one that I had that I liked,so I'll try to see if I can shoot it again.. Thanks for all replys.. Both expert and nonexpert.. Ed P

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sat, 04 June 2005 at 9:20 PM

I really like the idea of that last one! But the highlights are dead and Photoshop can not do anything about it! Once the data's lost, it can't be recovered! ;) There's some infos in the forum somewhere (ask Cyn, she can find anything, anywhere, up to the last 3000 years!!) that explains how to set ur exposure! Histograms are also really helpful while shooting if u've got one! :)

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 11:54 AM

Yeah the 2nd image click more to me (Cool idea!) However the swan is still overexposed and lacks all the excellent details that would make this image SO much more interesting!

You need to "GET to KNOW" you cameras to see how they work under different conditions! Both camera have an EXPOSURE Compensation function that you should practice using!

This link is for the Nikon Coolpix 995
Exposure Compensation

Refer to Page 63 of the Dimage 7 manual for a description of this feature as well:
Dimage 7 manual download page

L8r!
Joe

BusyB967 ( ) posted Sun, 05 June 2005 at 3:20 PM

Thanks for the links. Joe.. When I first got my Coolpix 995 a few years ago the the manual was simply overwhelming. With all the buttons and menu's. At the time I only used it for trips and family stuff so I looked for general settings that I could easily live with.. It's only been about a year and a half since I started to really enjoy taking photos.. During that time I've been trying to get better with Photoshop and a few other programs so I guess I was still using basic setting that would just let me concentrate on my shot.. Too much to learn and not enough time.. I think I'll go find that swan and spend the day just getting more familir with the camera.. Thanks Again

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.