Mon, Sep 23, 12:19 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Carrara

Welcome to the Carrara Forum

Forum Coordinators: Kalypso

Carrara F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 07 1:44 am)

Visit the Carrara Gallery here.

Carrara Free Stuff here.

Visit the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: Need Help with a Sword

RLG1034 ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2001 at 1:13 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 10:23 PM

OK I know how to make a sword in Bryce, does anyone know where I can find a good tutorial to do the same thing in Raydream. I know it sounds like a rather simple task but I am rather new to Raydream. Thanks for any sugestions.

willf ( ) posted Thu, 08 February 2001 at 10:42 PM

The Spline modeler would be the way to go on this for a first model. There should be a model of a sword on the content disk that came with RDS (it's in Models, Weapons). Open it with RDS, select it, ungroup the parts then double-click on each part to "jump into" the spline model room. There you will see the cross sections that were made for it and see what kind of "envelope" was used to extrude the shapes. Read the manual first on spline modeleing room to learn the terminology. Other then that, I don't recall any tuts devoted to swords.

RLG1034 ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2001 at 12:06 PM

Thanks I think I can get a good headstart with that bit of info.

EliteGoliath ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2001 at 4:09 PM

file_147220.jpg

i made this image of a medieval sword in Carrara, but it could easily be made in RDS. The blade is a spline and the rest are deformed primitives. Very simple

EliteGoliath ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2001 at 4:12 PM

file_147222.jpg

sorry having trouble posting

ClintH ( ) posted Fri, 09 February 2001 at 5:46 PM

Cool sword - Im inspired. Clints going to play with swords this evening. ;) Clint Hawkin-Z GraF-X Carrara and RDS Shader Packs Poser figures, 3D Models, Music Loops and Free Downloads!!

Clint Hawkins
MarketPlace Manager/Copyright Agent

All my life I've been over the top ... I don't know what I'm doing ... All I know is I don't wana stop!
(Zakk Wylde (2007))

RLG1034 ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2001 at 8:11 PM

That is a great sword. I gave the spline modeler a try, looks like I will be able to get the design I want with a little practice. Thanks for the advice.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.