Thu, Sep 19, 5:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Feed your Runtime

stonemason ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 5:30 AM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 2:01 PM

Attached Link: The Collection

file_251909.jpg

Thank's for all the support :) Cheers! Stefan PS:any requests?

Cg Society Portfolio

semidieu ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 7:00 AM

Attached Link: The Core WIP

Very nice collection ;-) For the requests... - i'm still waiting for the low-res traffic... - you gave, some times ago, some screenshot of a futuristic scene... (links above) - i'm looking for some futurist underwater base;

Firebirdz ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 7:48 AM

Outstanding works Stefan!!

stonemason ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 10:20 AM

Cheers Chris,I've still gotta get that scene finished for you too ;) semidieu..The Core will be released soon,but..I can't really say much more on it.you should be pleased with the final model at least Low res traffic..yes,yes..lol..perhaps I should concentrate on finishing thing's I've already started before asking for requests.lol :) hopefully Ajax is still up for doing the easy posing on them. Cheers Stefan

Cg Society Portfolio

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 12:24 PM

request: in the style of Urban spawl and warehouse district. A pier and or dock and near by buildings. Some place the bosses from the other side of the river can tie up their power boat (DAZ) or their Sloop John B Sailboat (poser pros) or VLNS (Renerosity) while meeting with the bosses from this side of the river in a waterside warehouse. Include some underwater space where they can let the snitches sleep with the fishes. I'd buy it. :-)

My Homepage - Free stuff and Galleries

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 6:22 PM

requests:

An average middle-class suburb. A bedroom community for the Urban Sprawl.

A modern Industrial District -- but this one active - not abandoned-looking like the Warehouse District.

A Shopping District. Perhaps centered around a stretch of highway with strip shopping centers; gas stations; restaurants; shopping malls; grocery stores -- and suchlike. Sort of in the style of Urban Sprawl, but not in the middle of downtown.

Thanks!

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 6:27 PM

Ditto, Zeno's requests :)

stonemason ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 9:13 PM

Tyger_purr ...The warehouse was supposed to have docks in it but thedesign changed & that part got dropped... in favour of a more complete 'Docks' scene to be made later. Xeno..bedroom community?..is that like a swingers club or something ,lol I like the other suggestions too

Cg Society Portfolio

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 9:13 PM

As always, great stuff from you Stefan! REALLY looking forward to "The Core" and "Skytraffic" (been waiting patiently for that one too). My requests: Anything Sci-Fi you can dream up and create - I'll buy.

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 9:39 PM

Awesome array of products there Stef! Add me to the list of "The Core" anticipation! As far as other products go I don't like to pigeon hole you, but I love the sci-fi settings! Keep 'em coming! How about a sci-fi "neighborhood" ala the urban sprawl? not to step on Moe's toes, but something that would work on more of a street level, knowing you could use something like Dystopia for the distant skyline.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 10:40 PM

Attached Link: http://www.absoluteastronomy.com/encyclopedia/b/be/bedroom_community.htm

A bedroom community is a town or city that is primarily residential in character, with most of its residents commuting to a nearby town or city to earn their livelihood. Unlike a suburb, which is adjacent to the urban area it serves, bedroom communities are sometimes quite some distance from the town or city providing employment. Bedroom communities can arise for a number of different reasons. Sometimes, a town might lose its main source of employment, leading its residents to seek work elsewhere. Other communities start as small villages in rural areas, where employees seek to have a home that is beyond noisy urban life. This second case can also be influenced by zoning restrictions in urbanized areas that prevent the construction of suitable housing closer to places of employment.

stonemason ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 10:52 PM

ahh..kind of like a subdivision?..though not exactly like one. a 'bedroom community' actually sounds like an horrible place to live,I take it all the houses look the same..all the gardens are the same..gawd..what an awful place to be. Jeff,Animajik..more sci-fi is on the way :)

Cg Society Portfolio

ph0enixx ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 11:04 PM · edited Mon, 06 June 2005 at 11:05 PM

I thought I heard my Runtime's stomach growling..

As per request; I'd love to see your spin on some kind of dark hospital setting,... ;)

• Rick

Message edited on: 06/06/2005 23:05

“Our real discoveries come from chaos, from going to the place that looks wrong and stupid and foolish.” – Palahniuk

sturkwurk ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 11:05 PM

Request? Yeah, dozens of em. Let me know when you want to go down the dark path. Doug

I came, I rendered, I'm still broke.

Tyger_purr ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 11:32 PM

It is basicly a "city" that has lots of houses and no where near enough business to employ the number of residents. as for types of house they could be anything from old tiny frame houses to McMansions The houses are not always identical, but usually substanialy similar. the more high end places have "home owners associations" so that everything remains just so. When you sign the contract to buy the house, you also agree to abide by the Home owners associations rules and to pay your dues to support the association.....but i digress

stonemason ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 11:37 PM

"the more high end places have "home owners associations" so that everything remains just so." & a distinct lack of individuality ;) ph0enixx ..I like the dark hospital idea Doug..go on..what's on your mind?..I'm always looking in the dark corners for ideas

Cg Society Portfolio

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 06 June 2005 at 11:55 PM

Stonemason --

Actually, a bedroom community usually tends to be middle to upper-middle class -- often with expensive houses.

Bedroom communities are usually inhabited by bank executives, lawyers, doctors and other professional white-collar types like them.

Bedroom communities are not places where blue-collar workers typically live.

For example, New Rochelle is a bedroom community for New York City. New Rochelle is a fairly affluent area.

I take it that the term "bedroom community" isn't in the New Zealander lexicon.........

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 12:04 AM · edited Tue, 07 June 2005 at 12:06 AM

As per request; I'd love to see your spin on some kind of dark hospital setting,... ;)

Or for that matter, a realistic hospital setting. Or an entire Medical District -- the sort of area that most major cities in the US have -- a place with several hospitals, doctor's offices, and clinics all located together in one business area.

Kind of like an Office Park for medical purposes.

......ah, yes......speaking of which: a professional business office park would be nice, too. The type of place that usually features several professional office buildings of various sizes, surrounded by maze-like roads and parking lots.

If you've ever attempted to find a particular building or an office in one of those places, then you will know what I mean by "maze-like". Message edited on: 06/07/2005 00:06

stonemason ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 12:21 AM

no,it's certainly not a kiwi term..although I do think our equivalent is possibly the subdivision suburb..the prices of which tend to make it more for white collar folk. when working as a stonemason we did alot of grand entranceways for these communitys..It always looked like a terrible place to live,too clean & sterile..I like homes with a bit of character. Hospitals..I think there are a couple already?..I know Moe made one that's in freestuff..someone else was posting shots in the Poser forum of one..I'd say if I was to make a hospital it would be a run down one..more in the style of Silent Hill. Cheers Stefan

Cg Society Portfolio

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 12:37 AM · edited Tue, 07 June 2005 at 12:37 AM

Attached Link: http://hospital.apoka.com/

*if I was to make a hospital it would be a run down one..more in the style of Silent Hill.*

That'll work, too.

Here's the link for you -- it'll take you to a flash-driven abandoned hospital. Quite a website to see. Very unusual.

Be sure to look out of the windows as the body falls by outside in one scene.

Quote:

*Welcome to the HOSPITAL. Stay a while, stay forever.*Message edited on: 06/07/2005 00:37

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 12:42 AM · edited Tue, 07 June 2005 at 12:44 AM

Attached Link: http://www.lostamerica.com/

stonemason --

You seem to like old and abandoned places -- as do I.

Here's a link to one of my favorite websites. It features night photography of old and abandoned places -- including aircraft graveyards in the desert, ghost towns, abandoned factories......on and on.

You might even find some inspirations for future models.

The abandoned hospital link which I posted above came from the Lost America website's links page.

So much to see, and so little time..........

Message edited on: 06/07/2005 00:44

stonemason ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 12:50 AM

file_251913.jpg

I think you posted both those links at Poser pros a while ago..I recognise both from my bookmarked list. the hospital is cool,I like the floorboards as piano..very spooky & gloomy Lost america is a really good find,wish I'd rememberd that a week ago when I started what's in the attached pic..thanks :)

Cg Society Portfolio

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 1:05 AM

I think you posted both those links at Poser pros a while ago

Yes, I did. A couple of years ago, IIRC.

Perhaps Lost America -- or its links -- might provide a source of some ideas.

That's an interesting pic you've got. I can see the "authorized personnel only" sign.

I wonder who's authorized to go in there.......?

estherau ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 7:00 AM

I like the docks/wharf idea and the modern suburb, and also the hospital. Or you could just do a ward like ICU. I mean poserpeople have exciting and dangerous little lives, and sometimes they get beat up in the urban sprawl then end up in ICU. (of course when they get better they go after the badguys) There's a great ICU model at turbosquid but way too expensive for us hobbyists. Love esther

MY ONLINE COMIC IS NOW LIVE

I aim to update it about once a month.  Oh, and it's free!

ph0enixx ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 9:57 AM

Yes, Silent Hill-style was exactly what I was thinking. crosses fingers ;) -Rick

“Our real discoveries come from chaos, from going to the place that looks wrong and stupid and foolish.” – Palahniuk

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 11:40 AM

There's a great ICU over at Turbosquid. I'd like to buy it.

But of course -- it costs $160.00.

A bit rich for a Poser model, I think........

ElorOnceDark ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 11:55 AM

Whoa Stef! Those bombed out buildings look way cool! Love the extruded re-rod!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.