Thu, Sep 19, 5:29 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 19 10:39 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Darcassian Speaks!

x2000 ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 12:01 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 2:12 PM

Attached Link: http://x2000.rendervisions.com

You wanted it, you got it: there's a free update for Darcassian available at my site that makes him Mimic-ready! Now the little guy can talk your ears off.:) Oh yeah, and he's still on sale here until the end of June for 30% off, so if you don't have him, now's the time to grab him.;)

jjsemp ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 8:05 PM

Thanks very much for doing this! I am, however, having a problem. I've unzipped the file and it should have installed properly, overwriting the previous Darcassian files. But upon loading up the alien, I'm not finding the morphs listed, and a quick check with a Mimic- produced pose file doesn't create any mouth movement. So for me he isn't talking just yet. Is it possible that the wrong files got zipped up in the update? -jjsemp (who's extremely grateful that you're making this happen!)

jjsemp ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 8:07 PM

By the way, I've tried both P5 and P6 with similar results. No new morphs visible and no mouth movement. -jjsemp

x2000 ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 8:53 PM

Hmmmm... I checked the ZIP, everything looks to be in order. Maybe they didn't actually overwrite like they were supposed to? Could you try actually deleting the old CR2's, then copying over the new ones manually? Because I honestly can't find any problem on my end, it's working fine for me and I'm utterly stumped.:/

x2000 ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 9:40 PM

Hey, just to be sure, I reuploaded the ZIP with the file names changed so as to avoid any confusion (and new thumbs as well). Download the new batch and give 'em a try. I'm using P5 myself, so try 'em there first. And try both genders just to be sure. And make sure you put the new head OBJ in the x2000 Geometries folder. Honestly, I checked the CR2's, the morphs are there, I can't imagine why they wouldn't show unless they didn't actually overwrite the old files like they were supposed to. With the new batch, we can rule that out completely. It works for me, I've actually been having a lot of fun with it. I had no idea Mimic was so easy to use. I'm glad you asked.:)

jjsemp ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 10:07 PM

Hey, X2000, I've figured out the problem. The Darcassion that I purchased here at Renderosity originally installed itself into: Runtime/libraries/characters/Darcassian Your new Mimic characters install into: runtime/libraries/characters/X2000 ...which is the place you use for all your great free stuff (all of which I thoroughly enjoy). I kept loading up the character from the first directory and never even thought to look for it in the second (I know, I know...I should have read the read-me). I think you might run into some problems with this down the line with other buyers, so you might want to change it or make a big note of it in the read me. Anyway, I'm glad you did this, and I'm glad you're now a Mimic convert. I think you'll sell many more copies of the program with this capability built in. I think many more animators are going to be interested in the little bug-eyed alien now. Again, thanks! -jjsemp

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 4:01 AM

HE TALKS!!!!??? Into the cart the bugger goes!

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

jjsemp ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 4:13 AM

I rest my case... ;-) -jjsemp

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 6:24 AM

Whew! You had me worried there. I didn't think there was any way the for the morphs to just not show up, but Poser can be pretty weird sometimes...; There will be more morphs, clothes, etc. coming, so keep checking in at my site regularly.:)

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 9:19 AM

Attached Link: http://x2000.rendervisions.com/images/darcmimictest.avi

Here's a short test AVI using one of the stock Mimic samples. It's less than half a meg, so even fellow dial-uppers shouldn't need to much patience to view it.;)

3dtrue ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 11:02 AM

guilty! i just bought him too. I must animate and only buy characters with mouth morphs. This guy is cool and its about time we had a chance to thank x2000 for all the great free stuff donated over the years. P.S. Speaking of talking... Darcassian also works with PoserSpeak found in my store. Link excluded to avoid shameless self-promotion.

x2000 ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 12:16 PM

Attached Link: PoserSpeak

Thanks for the sale and the nice product review.:) "Shameless" self-promotion? Nah, nothing shameless about that, it's hard for a merchant to make ends meet. It looks like a nice alternative to Mimic, glad to know that Darc works with it, too.:)

jjsemp ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 5:23 PM

Attached Link: http://members.aol.com/greatbirdgalaxy/hi.avi

X2000, Using Poserspeak (an excellent product) is exactly what I had in mind all along. Check the link. You must have the DiVx codec to view the animation. (I hope it works!) -jjsemp

3dtrue ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 9:54 PM

WOW!! that is soo cool! Was this done with PoserSpeak? Please say it was!! If so, can i upload it to my example site on 3dtrue.com?? pretty please! james

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 10:23 PM · edited Wed, 08 June 2005 at 10:25 PM

Got him today - Thank you X2000 for all your great work!

-AniMajik

@jjsemp - What codec did you use for your AVI
@X2000 - Same question?

The reason I ask, is I can "see" jjsemp's but not X2000's. (Yeah, I'm on a Mac - always looking into cross-compatibility issues for video) Edited: @jjsemp - I see you used DiVX (Mp4) encoding - never mind!

Message edited on: 06/08/2005 22:25

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

jjsemp ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 9:06 AM · edited Thu, 09 June 2005 at 9:12 AM

Hi 3DTrue,

Yep, that was Poserspeak. I'm having lots of fun with it. It seems especially suited for the little green alien, doesn't it? I'm only just getting started with him.

And, sure, if you want to, you may use it on your web site. I consider that a great compliment!

He's using the male Neospeech voice, which I think is my favorite. I've also got the ATT voices, but the Neospeech voices seem to work the best.

You've produced a great product. Keep up the good work.

And, yes, animajikgraphics, that was the latest Divx codec. I'm glad it worked for you okay.

-jjsemp

Message edited on: 06/09/2005 09:12

3dtrue ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 10:46 AM

Thanks tons john, i put it up there. I am re-doing my PoserSpeak demo section with some thumbnails and text for each movie clip. Only then can i properly credit you :) tanx again, james

x2000 ( ) posted Thu, 09 June 2005 at 8:30 PM

Animajik - Thanks for the sale and the nice review.:) Yeah, my AVI was saved as MS MPEG4, so it probably wouldn't be Mac compatible.:/ I'm still trying to get a grip on video formats, I'll have to do a little research. In fact, I had to install the DiVX player to view jj's clip, but I'm glad I did.:) Btw, I was playing around with my animation last night, just being silly (Darc does ballet!) and it's VERY addictive. I think you've created a monster...;)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.