Thu, Sep 19, 5:14 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Helicopter animation

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 3:50 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 7:44 AM

Attached Link: http://mazak-grafikwelt.de/test/schlucht.mpg

file_252477.jpg

Here is my first try with a Helicopter animation in Vue Infinite. I am not very happy with the result yet. The path function is very different from Poser. I use motion blur 2.5d rendertime 5-6 minutes per frame. The animation did not play well with Quicktime, please download the file and play with Media Player. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Phoul ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 3:58 AM

Very cool ! (Remember the begining of the great McT's "Basic" motion picture).

What do you mean "different from poser"? Do you mean the chopper has a path created in Poser and imported in Vue?

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 4:07 AM

The path for the Heli is created with vue, the rotor animation was done in Poser (30frames). I use the repeat function in Vue for the rotor animation, but on the end of the path the Huey make unexpected moves. I cut that last frames in this animation. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Phoul ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 4:21 AM

I did something like that. But only 3 frames in Poser, for the rotor. I used airplane simulation for the path. My 2 cents.

Mazak ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 4:44 AM

file_252478.jpg

Here some screens of the settings I use. Mazak

Google+ Bodo Nittel 

Dale B ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 6:46 AM

Is there -any- Poser defined motion besides the rotor on the huey's body (that includes any unintentional camera or lighting animation)? Playing with various BVH files, I've noticed the Mover seems to do a sequential read of the axial displacement in a frame, not a simultaneous one. This doesn't seem to usually be a problem, but if you have values that shoot to the extreme, you get some interesting glitches. =Very= nice for a first attempt, though; choppers can be difficult to get right. What I saw: 1)The tail rotor is spinning far too slowly. To the naked eye, it would be all but invisible; that's why they put the funky stripes on it. Same with the main rotor tips. 2)Your center of mass is off a bit. Helicopters are funky in that regard; all the weight is in the body, but all the force pushing it around is from the rotors. There's actually an imaginary point floating in the fuselage, just under where the main rotor is, that would be the actual 'hip' of the vehicle. When you maneuver to any great degree, this point is the one that all the forces pivot around. A bank to either side would have the rotor tilting the proper direction, but the chopper body also tilts in response to conservation of momentum. That null point is actually where a simple path should be attached. Of course if the main rotor on the chopper can't tilt, there's not a lot you can do about it...

DMM ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 2:36 PM

Lots of things can be smoothed over by adding some camera shake & wobble. Nice little animation though, but I'd like to see the river a bit wider.

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 4:11 PM

ride of the valkyries plays... I love the smell of napalm in the morning! it smells like...a render that didn't crash!! ;) Nicely done :)

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 08 June 2005 at 8:49 PM

Very good first attempt! It played well in QuickTime for me though. (QT 6.5.1 on this machine)

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.