Sun, Oct 6, 2:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Newbie 101 - Using Plants from Freestuff??

Dragontales ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 3:24 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:35 PM

I was going through the Vue Freestuff pages here on 'rosity, and took notice of the plants in particular. Can these .vob format plants generate different copies of the plant like the Vue Native plants, or would they just be identical copies? Thanks, Dragontales

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 3:33 PM

I'm confused. There are no identical freestuff plants offered here that are duplicates offered in Vue. That would be illegal. The plants in Vue are .veg format(the left plant button)....about 95% of the others are .vob which is in your objects folder.

Dragontales ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 3:54 PM

Sorry for the confusion. I mean that when I use a vue plant, and then create another, it's not identical to the first. It "grows" it a bit differently. I was just wondering if the ones in freestuff would do that as well, or if the multiple copies I would make would all be the same. Thanks

spedler ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 3:57 PM

I think what's being asked is, with the plants in freestuff here (which are in .vob format) can you use them as with the plants provided with Vue itself to generate different variations on the same plant. The answer is no, my understanding is that you have to have a plant in .veg format to do that. A .vob format plant will give you an identical copy whenever it is used, although rotating and scaling it will make the various copies look slightly different, especially at a distance.

Steve

dlk30341 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 3:58 PM

No.....vobs will not grow. Only .veg will grow.

Dragontales ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 7:37 PM

Ok, that's kinda what I thought. Thanks for the info! Dragontales

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.