Sun, Oct 6, 5:42 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: I really need your help

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 1:02 AM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 5:41 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=916383

This is going to be a huge asking of you guys. I really need someone to do an image for me. I have been trying to do one myself but i just can't get the image to look like i want it or similar to the one Rochr did(click link)

Now to give you an idea of what i am looking for. I am admin on a game site where we have corps/clans/groups that battle each other in arenas. We use Droids/bots to fight with.
This season we have started a bit of a storyline to go with the site and fighting.

Run down on that is, The Seante(main controlers) and their allies are fighting against General Fodder(me) and the Phoenix Federation with there allies for the control over the lands of droidarena and accompanying cities.

The main idea for the image is to show the headquaters/base for the Phoenix Federation. the image will be placed on our corp/clan/group main page and no where else on the site.

If someone can do this for me i would be so greatful to you.
I'm only asking this because with the admin work i have been doing till early hours of the morning(3-4am) and not getting much sleep my mind goes blank on me when trying to do this.

If no one wants to do it for me i will not have any hard feelings towards anyone for that..

Thanks all anyway
CD

PS: it doesn't have to be exactly like Rochr, thats just an idea on something along the lines of what would be great ;)

Message edited on: 06/11/2005 01:05

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

foleypro ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 1:22 AM

If you dont find anyone to do it by Next Tuesday or Wednes day Let me Know...

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 4:00 AM

Thanks foleypro i will let you know the out come either way :)

I have opinions of my own -- strong opinions -- but I don't always agree with them.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 4:13 AM

Hey, I got heaps of renders like this just sitting around LOL!!! I just don't want to post them, it might show Rochr up LOL!!! The game sounds cool, will you let us know where it is? Cheers and good luck on that one:)

I never intended to make art.

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 5:29 AM

Crazy, you silly man! I'm certain you could make this all by yourself. Just post a few WIP's here, and I'll bet we can get this issue figured out for ya...

Dann-O ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 8:20 AM

If you want to do something big like that how about this. Get some memebers of the forum here to make a building or texture or so and then put the buildings and textures together and render and there you go. I would do one building but getting a whold epic scene is a bit much to me. If you ahve a few more like myself and then you can put the scene together and there you go. Or have soemone contribute that part.

The wit of a misplaced ex-patriot.
I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

lordstormdragon ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 2:11 PM

Aye, I didn't mean to say otherwise earlier, but if it comes down to it I'm totally with Dann-O on this one! I'd love to help out any way I can...

Sans2012 ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 8:52 PM

Count me in!!! Just say the word. I'm sure with some cooperation we could pull something together for you.

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 11:13 PM

guys thanks for this. I would really appreciate it as i don't have much free time on my hands at the moment. If you guys would like to do it that way that would be fine. I'll leave it in your hands ;) Sans the site is www.droidarena.net you can join up with a trial account and play it with adds, no adds is for the players that pay to play. trial accounts give you 40APs(Arena Points) so you can join 40 arenas and fight..mind you there are other things to do on there. Like researches for resources,buildings,spying or blocking of spy missions. If i was to mention everything to do with the game i would be here for ages and i have to go get some sleep. haven't put my head down for 27 hours :/

Sans2012 ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2005 at 12:09 AM

Well OK guys! lets help this sleep deprived man out. If you are interested lets make some arrangements, how to go about doing this image. Who will do what and how it will all be rendered in the end. Maybe if we figure out a style for the image, then we do a couple models each and textures can be a group effort. What do use think???

Dann-O ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2005 at 1:02 AM

Sounds good. Put me in for a building. Maybe someone wants to sketch up a concept. I like Rochrs work but lets not just try to copy it. Do we want to have it similar looking off of a balcony? so we can have soemoen build the balcony. We can then e-mail about OBP files to speed the renderign process whoever does the rendering should have a fairly potent computer.

I cheated on my metaphysics exam by looking into the soul of the person next to me.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2005 at 1:45 AM

OK good idea, couple concepts befor we get stuck into it. The balcony seems like a good starting point.

shinyary2 ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2005 at 7:50 PM

Count me in! I'm currently designing a railing WIP. Should be able to put it up here for your review in maybe thirty minutes to half an hour. Maybe, since there are (apparently) cities in the game, as in an RTS game, we should make the image a bit more city based than Rochr's pic. Have it looking down on a bunch of low-poly buildings for the actual scene, with a large structure for the base as the focal point/midground of the scene. Thoughts?

shinyary2 ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2005 at 9:54 PM · edited Sun, 12 June 2005 at 10:02 PM

file_253198.JPG

Here it is. Sorry it took so long, it took longer to render than I thought it would.

If this isn't used, I can just use it in another pic, so don't worry about rejecting it. =)

Also the textures are temporary, just shown so that you can better see the detail created by the booleans.

Hope you like it! Any suggestions? EDIT--If you want the .obp, just IM or EM me your email address, and I'll send it to you. I expect it to be about 3MB zipped, so I hope you have high-speed internet lol.

Message edited on: 06/12/2005 22:02

shinyary2 ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2005 at 10:19 PM

file_253200.JPG

...and here's the same thing with a bit of postwork in GIMP and some very minor postwork in Universe.

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Sun, 12 June 2005 at 10:23 PM

file_253202.JPG

shinyary2 sorry this was my mistake..the cities are only there in name EG: London, UK. the game is actually a RPG. The image i'm looking for is one to go on my corp main page The image i have posted is a screen capture of where this image will be placed. Under the image will be a description of the corp, how we became formed, what we are fighting for and someother stuff will be put in that.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 5:30 AM

shinyary2, that would look cool in the foreground because of the amazing detail. Done a bit of a main building concept (or an extra building). Still very basic, Im trying to weed out an overall look for the image. Probably need some more hints as to what your after CrazyDawg, building style, colour, amount of detail and the POV. Anyway this is what I come up with so far. Let me know what you think and if it could be used. Michael. Image hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.comImage hosted by Photobucket.com

shinyary2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 5:52 AM

file_253204.JPG

CD-- So, is the base in a city? I mean, after all even RPGs have cities, right? =) If not, then we'll just do something else, but the railing should still work because it's kind of universal. =) Sans2012-- Looks great! I have a texture that might work well with that, you can see an example above. Let me know via IM if you want it, and I'll e-mail it to you (be sure to include your address lol).

shinyary2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 6:13 AM

file_253205.JPG

Okay, here's the final railing, with the textures I think should be used. I won't post an image without postwork this time, since you already know what the model looks like. =) I'll work on the platform next.

bandolin ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 7:46 AM

You guys amaze me.

<strong>bandolin</strong><br />
[Former 3DS Max forum coordinator]<br />
<br />
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/homepage.php">Homepage</a> ||
<a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/sitemail/">SiteMail</a> ||
<a href="http://excalibur.renderosity.com/mod/gallery/browse.php?user_id=70375">
Gallery</a> || <a href="http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/index.php?username=bandolin">
Freestuff</a>
<p><em>Caution: just a hobbyist</em></p>

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 8:29 AM

That looks excellent Robert! I chucked on your texture and did some quick post work, just to get an idea. And a bit of a terrain for good measure. Hey, I hope CrazyDawg wants it to be dark lol. Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 8:35 AM

Damn!!! the compression killed the lights and the ambiance around them. Oh well, its just an idea:) I'll get some more builings going or something.

shinyary2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 9:00 AM

file_253206.JPG

Sans-- I hope CD wants it dark too. Because that's the only kind of image I can really do lol! =) Here's the first go at the platform. The texturing may be a bit off; I'll have to try and fix that. Maybe some glass to make a smoother walking surface while retaining all of the details...

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 9:07 AM

This is going to look cool dude. We just need to hear from the man lol. I'll be back tomorrow with some more input.

Dann-O ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 10:21 AM

file_253207.JPG

You dudes rock. I have two buildings but it would not fit in the style of what you are doing. Here they are if you are interested.

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 10:27 AM · edited Mon, 13 June 2005 at 10:32 AM

Guys i'm totally blown away with what you have come up with so far.

Ok, the headquaters is the base for General Fodder and his main force. Sans what you have done looks like the main complex of the base with pathways that lead off to other sections. That is spot on to what i'm looking for.
One thing i ask though, i don't mind if the buildings/base is dark in colour but it will need a sky. Something like what Rochr did in his image. Not exactly like that but on that line, slightly dark/storm looking.

Best i can say for you to do, is do what you can then if any changes need doing then maybe i can let you know. Also if the others have ideas maybe they can give you guys a hand with it PS: Dann-o why wouldn't your building fit in with the others. The tall one could be used for some form of tower and the small round building could be used to house the Generals soldiers..something like barracks that lay around the main base building.. CD (My mind is having visions)

Message edited on: 06/13/2005 10:32

shinyary2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 11:34 AM

file_253208.JPG

Here's one of the final renders of the platform. I'm not sure about the fire, badly in need of input on that. I'm tempted to leave it out entirely and just make the lights electronic.

CD--
I've got a few ideas about the sky. I'll get back to you on that. =)

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 11:43 AM

shinyary, leave the fire out, makes the balcony look to much like one on a temple. Think sci-fi and you'll work out somthing for the sky ;)

shinyary2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 11:46 AM

Dann-o-- I really think we could use those, maybe as smaller pieces of detail for the main base. Of course, we would have to change the textures a bit, those don't fit, but otherwise... CD-- Well, a Sci-Fi temple, at least. Too much greeble for a regular fantasy temple. Your call, though. I'll make the lighting electronic and blue-white. I think that'll look a lot better. Also, I'll modify the part that you walk on, so that it stands out from the rest a little better.

Dann-O ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 6:21 PM

I can send the obj,s of those buildings to who is doing the final render and they can texture them. I agree they can work as an additional building that is what they are meant for anyways.

shinyary2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 9:21 PM

file_253210.JPG

Here is a version of my platform with several minor fixes and a citymap. Don't worry, Woof--I WILL get to that sky next. =) I think we should start talking about who's doing the rendering. My platform Bryce file, with the cityscape, is nearly 100MB, so you need high-speed internet. I have AMD Athlon 3700+ (2.4Ghz), 1GB RAM, ATI Radeon 64. The above image took about an hour and a quarter to render, normal antialiasing and a bit of postwork in Gimp.

shinyary2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 9:53 PM

Sorry about all of the images BTW. But this IS an art site, after all. =) This is where I think we should place sans and Dann-o's structures. I think sans is fairly obvious, right smack in the center where you can definitely and easily see it (blue marker). Dann-o, I want to put your towers in sort of random locations about the city, just to show that we as the viewers aren't in the only tall structure in the city (thus putting us in a citadel lol). Your thoughts?

shinyary2 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 9:54 PM

file_253212.JPG

Oops, hehe. Here's the pic I was referring to. =)

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 13 June 2005 at 11:26 PM

Robert you had any sleep as yet lol. Youve done some amazing work, how do you feel about doing the final render and post work? Your machine outdoes mine so you might be the man for the job. Man I think its really come together!

Dann-O ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 3:38 AM

I only have 256 meg of ram so mine is out of the question. My files are relativly small. I'll have to check. But an easy e-mail.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 3:50 AM

Man! Dann-o I only got 512ddr3200/2.5 Barton(clocked up for sure) and I struggle. Have to wait to hear from Robert and see what he thinks. His is bigger than both ours, his ram that is lol.

Dann-O ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 6:31 AM

My fiels are 980 and 612 K so not that big I tend to be efficiant. You can see why. If you want the Wings files they are 192 and 350 K. All you need is wings to open them and then you can convert them to OBJ files. Also can be opened with Blender. If nto then the OBJ files. Keep them untextured so you can set it up to fit the scene.

shinyary2 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 12:47 PM

Sleep? What is that again? Didn't the French just invent that recently? =) LOL seriously I actually did stay up all night working on this once. Got about 12 hours last night/this morning, though. Just happens when I get excited. I have DSL, so don't worry too much about file sizes. I'd be happy to do the final render. I would be a bit leery of 100MB, though, lol. Anything under sixty or seventy MB would be fine. Dann-o, I have Wings, so no worries.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 1:21 PM

Cool!!! I'll whip up the obj. and pass it on. Don't bother reading the message I just sent you, I'm a bit slow you see lol. Robert while the render is taking place I suggest you get some sleep lol. I cant wait to see the end result.

shinyary2 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 2:04 PM

ZZzzzzz...

shinyary2 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 2:04 PM

ZZzzzzz...

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 2:14 PM

LOL:) well its 4:44am here and I'm off to bed lol.

shinyary2 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 11:01 PM

file_253214.JPG

Here's the first preview render. I've added the sans Pheonix Base, and improved the sky somewhat. I may end up just doing the softglow effect in Universe (many thanks to Rochr for that tutorial!!!); Gimp's filter is ruining my beautiful sky! (sniff) As soon as Dann-o sends me his models, I'll post the final preview and start the render! =)

shinyary2 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 11:05 PM · edited Tue, 14 June 2005 at 11:06 PM

file_253215.JPG

Here's the original pic without postwork. You can see what I mean, the sky looks so much better here! :( EDIT: Actually I think everything looks better. I'll probably just do a very small amount of postwork on the final render. Input? Cheers!

Message edited on: 06/14/2005 23:06

shinyary2 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 11:24 PM · edited Tue, 14 June 2005 at 11:25 PM

file_253217.JPG

Sorry for the image posting spree. Here's what I think ought to be done with the final render. A bit of orange/brown added and some better glow effects than I had in Bryce. EDIT: Never mind, I'll just leave it up to you CD. Whichever you like best. For my part no matter what I do to it, I always like the original best. =)

Message edited on: 06/14/2005 23:25

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 14 June 2005 at 11:55 PM

Just a couple things Robert, I think the dawg wanted to see the pathways coming from the main structure. It all sort of looks to similar, that's why you might want to try the render with the way I set up the texture. Just to break it up a bit! Maybe drop the POV down and tilt it up a little so the whole lot is in shot, It should give the Phoenix Structure a grander presence too. Good work so far dude, Keep it up!

shinyary2 ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 12:17 AM

About the textures all looking the same-- Yes I had noticed this and was going to add thicker atmosphere with volumetrics for the next version. But I still have to wait for Dann-O (if I don't get them by tomarrow I'll just go ahead without him).

Sans2012 ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 1:56 AM

Cool:) Where out thou Dan-O lol

CrazyDawg ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:00 AM

shinyary it looks to dark texture wise. Also it looks to cluttered the way you have it set out. If you look at Rochr's image you'll notice he has the center building set back a bit from the balcany. In his image he also has other buildings but there is some space between them, the center building and the balcony. Basically the idea i am looking for is the same kind of layout in Rochr's image but looking.

shinyary2 ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 2:29 PM

file_253220.JPG

Hmm too dark now well the trouble is that the textures are reflective, and the sky is dark, so they are just reflecting the dark sky (which probably why it looks so much better when the sky is bright lol). I see three solutions. First, I could render the city and they sky separately, with the city rendered with a bright sky. Second, I reduce the reflection and play with the diffusion settings. Third, I could add a lot of really bright radial lights around. Regardless, here's another attempt (I still don't have dann-o's buildings--looks like I might have to design my own towers). I think that the thicker atmosphere makes it look a lot less "cluttered", but the texture on the main structure is wrong. I'll be needing to fix that.

Rochr ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 2:58 PM

I can see that youre doing just fine without me here. :) If i may, i would suggest to use a less detailed texture for the foreground, and perhaps a slightly "washed out" detail on the background building. When you have some distance, the contours usually start to fade out, and you really dont need extreme detail to make it look huge. It can even have some dark or blank areas with only a few small light. Also, if you move the main building slightly backwards so that you can see a glimpse of small buildings behind/at the sides,(doesnt have to be that many really), youll increase the illusion of depth, and even make the main building look a lot bigger. Ok, ill shut up now and let you go back to work... :)

Rudolf Herczog
Digital Artist
www.rochr.com

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.