Mon, Sep 23, 4:23 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 4:09 am)

Subject: animating realistic fire and smoke ???need help! please!!

doug770 ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2001 at 6:30 PM ยท edited Mon, 23 September 2024 at 4:22 AM

yes ser, it's the pain in the ass again. This time with a toughy fire and smoke, and animated.. not a clue how to do this except frame by frame in post production. any idea's??? Anyone!!

doug770 ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2001 at 6:38 PM

Smoke is cool to.....

doug770 ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2001 at 6:42 PM

COol%#@*&=)

jrsamples ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2001 at 7:16 PM

Check out Nerds site. He has an animated campfire and a cigarette with posable smoke. May not be exactly what you are looking for but might give you some good ideas. Fairywoods also has a campfire. I don't think that one was animatable but also worth a look. www.nerd3d.com (I think) www.fairywoods.com (I hope) If these aren't exactly right, please don't shoot me... I'm just the messenger. LOL

Anton_Kisiel ( ) posted Sat, 10 February 2001 at 10:40 PM

Add a fire map and trans to a swuished box or plane in poser. Make morph targets for it using magnets. Save to library. Load two into the scene and ciss-cross them so that from above the look like a cross. Put some logs around it and morph for effect, but make the motions quick and violent. Using multiple maps or just a different trans map helps. Smoke is done the same way but without crossing the planes. Just overlay about twenty planes and have them slide through each other as they go upward and spread outwards.

doug770 ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 1:33 AM

Thanks alot guy, I'll try it. I wish poser would come up with some environment primitives.

the3dwizard ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 1:07 AM

I think 3D Artist magazine had a tutorial. The author put a cube inside a fireplace. Add a different map to four faces. Then rotate the cube so a different face is displayed in each frame of the animation.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.