Sat, Sep 21, 12:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: Skeleton required... but which to choose?

Sturm_und_Drang ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 5:28 PM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:06 PM

I need a skeleton somewhat better than the standard Pser offerings. I see Daz now do a pair of M3 and V3 skeletons, but at 42 bucks even after a discount that's a little steep, not to mention that if you want further textures those are 20 dollars more. Then here we have those by BTD and Andi3d... I want to be able to pose it properly, ie have the hands and fingers holding things, the head to tilt and the jaw to open. I also intend to (scruffily) partly clothe him. Does this point me to one or other of those above? Or does anyone know of something else worth a look?

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 5:57 PM

All three offerings should meet your requirements. They have posable fingers, skulls, and jaws. DAZ's product, while more expensive, gives you the option of both male and female versions, and they're probably the most anatomically-accurate of the bunch. The textures are excellent. If you're shooting for photorealism, this is as good as it currently gets. odeathoflife's product (the BTD skeleton) will conform to the Poser 6 male figure, James (and can presumbably wear his clothing). As a bonus, you get the centaur skeleton. Andi3D's product ... well, it wasn't designed to match up with any existing figures, so I'm not sure how well it'd work with conforming clothes not designed specifically for it. You'd probably want to use P5/P6 dynamic clothes on all these skeletons, anyway, if only to make the fabric drape properly over the bones.

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 6:03 PM
Site Admin

I have both the BTD and Andi3d skeletons. Both are very good. If you want to clothe the skeleton then you would want the BTD one. The Daz M3-V3 ones are the best of the bunch, but, as you've already pointed out, they're a bit pricey.

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 6:33 PM
Online Now!

There's an upgrade version of the new DAZ skeletons, for people who own the previous DAZ skeleton (either one - the articulated spine or the non-articulated). With a PC discount, it's only $20. (And don't forget your monthly voucher!) Not bad for two such well-made figures. (If you're in the PC, you probably have the old skeleton. They gave it away as part of the PC bonus pack in the fall of 2003.)

If that's still too much, wait for a sale. You know DAZ will have a 50% off sale eventually. :-)

Eternl_Knight ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 9:25 PM

I would highly recommend the BTD skeleton. Works very well with James (who it was designed for) and unless you're actually trying for medically correct anatomy - has a better priceline to benefit payoff than the DAZ versions. Plus the little bonus figure is kinda neat :)

Sturm_und_Drang ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 3:09 AM

I saw the upgrade option at Daz but I did not join PC till the beginning of this year, and the skeleton was not in the bonus pack. I didn't really get into Poser properly until tail end of 2004. So, sounds like all those options would work, so I better think a little more before spending my cash. Many thanks...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.