Thu, Sep 19, 5:40 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 17 9:46 am)

Subject: Get Vue Infinite Today

tony3d ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 10:43 AM · edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 3:01 PM

I should get my Vue Infinite today. I have two question. 1. People have been having problems registering, what's the deal with the two serila number's, and which one do you use? 2. On a Dual 2.7 gig Mac with 2.5 gigs of ram will I really be able to create those vast Landscapes filled with millions of tree's, and if so can it really be used for productive animation? I have worked in Lightwave for about 8 years, and to setup a scene like that would bring Lightwave to it's knees.

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:11 AM

Quote: 4. Re: NOW I GOT VUE 5 i...AND I CAN'T HAVE IT YET! :( THEY WON'T TAKE MY SERIAL # by Quikp51 on 6/13/05 20:11 The VUE5INF-xxxx one is the serial you need to install to generate your INST code that you use to register with E-On. I made the same mistake when I installed my copy :) That is it i think! Your system settings are luxurious, you should be able to do millions of trees indeed. You will not sleep much the next days probably, so much fun to play with Ecosystems. Good luck and have fun! Oh, and don't forget to push the "populate" button. Oh, you will find the Ecosystem in the material editor. Oh,...

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

tony3d ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:18 AM

I don't understand why you just don't register the serial number. Why do you have to register a code?

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:24 AM · edited Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:25 AM

first video of the Apache Lagoon I did had, iirc, 1,970,000,000 or so polygons...

nearly two BILLION...
;)
forgot how many instances it had though, re-did it, less trees + bushes, but still huge number.

Message edited on: 06/15/2005 11:25

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

tony3d ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:29 AM

How long did it take to render one frame? What Res did you use?

silverblade33 ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:42 AM

320x240, since it was an animation and I have only 1 PC, so didn't want to render it at higher quality and not be able to use my PC all day, lol hm 2-3 minutes per frame at Broadcast IIRC.

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

tony3d ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:57 AM

To use the network rendering, do you need Vue on both machine's and if so do you need another seat?

wabe ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 12:53 PM

network rendering - for that there is RenderCow. You have five seats of that for free that you can install on the other machines - Mac or Windows (mixed).

One day your ship comes in - but you're at the airport.

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:12 PM

The registration process for Vue is very easy compared with other apps. I had to wait a whole day to get my install code for Maya from Alias. I have 1,5 gigs mem on my Mac and don't have too many probs, so you should be fine! Vue is just amazing!

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.