Sun, Sep 22, 2:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 5:40 am)

Subject: How To make Continuos Atmosphere/Environment Sound

tebop ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 10:10 AM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

Hello all I'm making a movie in Vue/Poser, and editing later with my macos x IMovie.. My movie has alot of things, scenes in the forest, scnes in the city . And i was wondering how in the world would i create a sound of the atmosphere. or sound of wind without having choppy repetitive sounds.. like if i make a sound recording and loop it it would seem to repetitive and it would be the same thing over and over.. if i put some chirping of birds in the forest then loop it..it would sound repetitive and unnatural.. For the sound of the ocean too. I've gotten many sounds from the web( city, ocean etc) but if i loop them they become repetitive. So, any of you guys know what the best way to approach this problem is? or do i have to actually go out and sit with a recorder for about 1 hour in order to not have repetitive sound? thanks all

DVcreator ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 5:02 PM

Theres a member here at R that has sound tutorials and a couple of sites to get royalty free sounds and songs, royalty free in the U.S. only... Sorry can remember his name try the forums ... Or record the sounds you have forward then backward... R

Poseur ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 8:35 PM

Tebop, In the past I have done what you said in your last paragraph. I stuck a microphone out my back door and recorded ambient city noises for as long as I needed for my animation. It took less time in the long run than trying to get clean, realistic sample loops. Another option: rather than repeating one sound clip, obtain several different samples of the same sound and assemble/blend them in random order. It makes the repetitions less obvious.

Xiores ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 10:32 PM

Easiest way is follow this link and buy this program for $30 US. You can mix and match 100's of sounds. Waves, birds, animals, wildlife, criclets, wind, rain, and 100s more. Record for as long as you like. Match it to your video... Heres the Link... http://www.relaxingsoftware.com/atmdeluxehome.htm

animajikgraphics ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 11:29 PM

MeanRabbit has a selection of free sound files (including atmospheric sounds) Don't know how long your scene is, but stringing them togther and cross-fading as suggested by Poseur, should give you what you need. @Xiores - The program looks interesting, but this guy is on a Mac - It does say that they are working on a version for Mac OS X tho.

FatCatAlley.net | Now Playing "SpaceCat 5" Parts 1 and 2

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.