Sun, Oct 6, 2:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Import of poser morphed models a little help please.

bogwoppet ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 2:51 PM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 12:31 PM

Hi,
This is probably a really dumb question but I must be missing something. When I import some models into Vue 5 Inf from Poser 6, the morphs are not present.
Example: The Daz 3d Troll will import fine but if I open his mouth in Poser it's still closed when I bring it into Vue. The Same for Sixus's Werewolf. This also happens when importing PZ3 scenes into 3d Studio using the poser plugin.
I guess the problem is with Poser (and maybe I should have posted this over in the Poser forum) but I just wanted to know if anyone here had any ideas?
Thanks for your time.
Tony

yggdrasil ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 2:58 PM

This is usually due to the diferent way Poser 6 handles morphs by default compared to previous versions. The morph data is being written to a separate PMD file that Vue (currently?) doesn't know what to do with. In Poser's general preferences misc tab, make sure "Use external binary morph targets" is unchecked. Save PZ3 from Poser, open that PZ3 in Vue. Or at least, that's what works for me.

Mark

bogwoppet ( ) posted Fri, 17 June 2005 at 3:05 PM

You sir are a gentleman - thank you very much. Just tried it and it works perfectly! Very best regards, Tony

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.