Sun, Sep 22, 2:42 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: Hey, it works! A reverse conforming bicyle (350k GIF)

Jim Burton ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 6:41 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:42 AM

file_147563.gif

I said I was going to try this, but I didn't actually think I'd get it to work. My bicycle finished up very nicely, only a little on the big-file size. I made the forks turn (incluging flexing the brake cables, the wheels turn, the crank turns, the pedals turn with the crank, and if you conform Michael to the bike his feet go up and down pumping the pedals! He is maybe a little bow-legged here (I've been told I ride like that, too), I didn't play with anything at all, just straighted the feet (they go on slighty random), and turned the crank. Gee, sometimes life is sweet! Now to finish his outfit!

PJF ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 7:16 PM

I don't believe a word of it; it's obviously all done with mirrors. ;-) Just incredible. I think this is the most amazing thing I've seen yet in Poser. Carry on like this and no-one will need to export to Max and Lightwave. Hurumph, I assume this thing has at least 26 racing gears... ;-)

Nance ( ) posted Sun, 11 February 2001 at 8:03 PM

Bravo! ...and nice job on the presentation gif as well

PhilC ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 2:16 AM

That's simply amazing! :)
philc_agatha_white_on_black.jpg

JAFO ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 6:05 AM

beautifully crafted bike ...excelent detail...great work Jim...

Y'all have a great day.

nfredman ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 9:30 AM

That IS amazing. Wow... [looking for jaw, which must be on the floor around here somewhere]

JeffH ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 11:42 AM

Very cool. I had a Raleigh that looked similar to this, but it had toe stirups. Too bad we can't get something like the chain working in poser. -JH.

PJF ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 11:57 AM

The chain's not working?!?! I take it all back. Hopeless. Go back and start again. ;-)

Icee ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 12:51 PM

Jim, Damn are you ever awesome. That is just to cool. Keep it up.

Dr Zik ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 2:41 PM

Hi Folks! It is absolutely wondrous, that such beauty is now available on a desktop computer. Did y'all notice the shadows? Isn't this a great time to be alive!!?? Peter (Dr Zik)

nitreug ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 8:01 PM

file_147566.gif

Is it also possible to do that with Zygote BMX.

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 8:18 PM

file_147568.gif

Thanks guys! Yeah, the truth is out, the chain doesn't go around! Here is another shot, this time Super-model Vickie riding no-hands. She had a heck of a time getting the cleats on those shoes.

PJF ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2001 at 2:16 PM

Never was too keen on the implications of nude bicycling...

kupa ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2001 at 12:02 AM

Attached Link: http://www.curiouslabs.com

It is a good time to be alive! Steve Cooper

timoteo1 ( ) posted Mon, 19 February 2001 at 5:03 AM

Fantastic! What can I say that hasn't already been said. Well except for ... WHERE can I get one of dem new fangled thingies??

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.