Sat, Sep 21, 12:38 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:04 pm)

Subject: Wanted.. Nun's habit etc.

Sturm_und_Drang ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 9:15 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:38 PM

I have a daft humourous idea I wanted to render out, but the only nun's outfit I can see around is the admittedly wonderful one for sale here in the marketplace. Does anyone know of a freebie, or perhaps if the morphing cloak from daz could be cobbled into something as I have that kicking around somewhere. I doubt I would ever do more than this silly pic so I do not wish to spend money on a set just to use once. Thanks.

pdblake ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 10:24 AM

I think that Poserworld had one at one time, but whether it's in the freebie section or not I don't know.

randym77 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 12:20 PM

Do you have The Dress at DAZ? It comes with a cowl, and one of the headpieces (sold separately) is a veil. They're PC items.

The Dress itself is rather too form-fitting for a nun, but perhaps you could find a different dress to use with the cowl and veil.

Also check out the swordbearer monk's costume for M3 at PoserFashion.net. It's dynamic clothing, and so could probably be adapted to Vicky pretty easily, if you have P5 or P6.

SeanMartin ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 1:01 PM

There's a habit and cowl on one of the figures at Animotions.com.

docandraider.com -- the collected cartoons of Doc and Raider

layingback ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 1:55 PM

Attached Link: http://209.92.41.204/Poser/index.html

Try Ghastley's site? Link above. Under Downloads select Victoria and click Find. There are versions for Vicky and Posette.

momodot ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:03 PM

Not to knock Ghastly who is generous with his freestuff, His cowl doesn't realy work for me. I too am looking for a good realistic nun outfit, Ghastly's habit is great but the cowl... It is too tight in the chest and doesn't really work with a contemporary look. I looked over at Animotions with several keywords but could not turn anything up. Do you know who the artist might be?

lmckenzie ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 10:20 PM

Contact Traveler over at RDNA and see if he still has a copy of the one he made for me many years ago (for Posette). It's so old, maybe he'd consider giving it away. I doubt he still has it though, even I don't :-)

"Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance." - H. L. Mencken

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 8:36 AM

I'll have to think about contacting him. Back at the turn of the century he was always very easy to contact and "talk" to but now he is even more busy I guess, or worn out, but busy looks far more like it, and I hesitated to bother him over something not too important.

momodot ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 8:39 AM

Man, maybe I do have to write him. Traveler is my all time hero. I nun by him! I wonder what it looked like. I am still waiting for the day I have $45 to buy the Morphworld 2 disc. I think I want it as much as a record of Traveler and Poser in the P4 days as for the use I will get out of it given I am still addicted to Posette.

Sturm_und_Drang ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 9:07 AM

I might be able to use the Ghastly one as to be honest it is just a joke kinda thing and if it does not look too accurate it is not going to matter. I dont have the older Vicky but I will play around a bit and see if this is feasible. Many thanks.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 4:09 PM

You should be able to use Vicky 1/2 outfits on the V3-to-V2 figure that comes with V3.

danamongden ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 6:15 PM

Heh... I'm also looking for a nun's habit, but I'm looking for it for M3, i.e. fitting male, not a female. Dynamic would be even better. I doubt I'll ever find it, so I'm trying to figure out how to make dynamic clothing sets.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 23 June 2005 at 6:18 PM

Attached Link: PoserFashion monk

You might be able to use some pieces from this outfit. It's PoserFashion.net's monk outfit for M3. It's dynamic.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.