Wed, Sep 25, 1:19 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / MarketPlace Showcase

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum

Forum Moderators: Staff

MarketPlace Showcase F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 25 2:51 am)

Welcome to the MarketPlace Showcase Forum. The Showcase Forum and Gallery are intended for all commercial related postings by active Renderosity MarketPlace Vendors only. This is a highlight area where our membership is invited to review in greater detail the various art products, software and resource site subscriptions available for purchase in the Renderosity MarketPlace.

Subject: Question about a promo-pic

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 4:23 AM · edited Wed, 25 September 2024 at 1:18 PM

file_262239.jpg

Someone told me I'd probably need to blur the "f-word" and the drawing on the promopic here.

So.. Is that needed? I'll do it of course, but it might give people the impression that they're buying something with a blurry texture map so I'd prefer not to.

And would something like this need the Nudity filter?

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Mariamus ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 4:26 AM

Oooh. it's so nicely filthy :9

stonemason ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 4:36 AM

hehehe..love it! I've written some things on my sets that people might take offence to..but I always make it very hard to read. ..you could just add a stain over the offending words? Stefan

Cg Society Portfolio

orion1167 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 4:42 AM

Maybe a glory hole would distract enough! heh Sorry, had to. Looks great!

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:11 AM · edited Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:15 AM
Site Admin

This is so cool. Something like this is long overdue, too. The men's room in the daz Lava Bar is jsut too squeaky-clean... But I can tell you that that word can't be visible in the marketplace promo. Suggestion: maybe include 2 versions of the texture ( a second texture without that word), and use the second one in the promo. In the "cleaned-up" version, you could replace the whole thing with "for a good time call (the number)" BTW, why are european phone numbers so dang long?

Message edited on: 06/29/2005 05:15

Jeff

Renderosity Senior Moderator

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

Mi parolas Esperanton. Ĉu vi?

pdblake ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:13 AM

I'd blur it, but not sure you should be asking in this forum anyway. That is a commercial promo?

onimusha ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:17 AM

The toilets on the left hand wall look really strange. Other than that it looks great. I think it's a good idea to probably blur out any "inappropriate" language.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:31 AM

The "toilets" on the left hand wall iare urinals. And what you can see is the dividers. They don't look strange from the front :o) pdblake... Yes it's a commercial promo for the product I just uploaded. If I couldn't ask here, where SHOULD I ask, please? Orion... there IS a glory hole in the last stall....

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:32 AM

Oh and I forgot: Martian, there ARE other texture maps included. One nice and clean and one for DIY grafitti-wannabes L I guess I'd better blur that one then.

pdblake ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:33 AM

"Yes it's a commercial promo for the product I just uploaded. If I couldn't ask here, where SHOULD I ask, please?" In the merchants forum, product showcase, showcase gallery....see the Special notice at the top of this page!

stonemason ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:37 AM

err... fortunately I dont spend much time in public toilets..but what's a glory hole?

Cg Society Portfolio

orion1167 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:51 AM

Orion... there IS a glory hole in the last stall.... LMAO!! Too funny. All you need now is one of them guys who sell socks and hand you tissues for tips... Geesh, I think, just leave me alone, Im using the john for christs sake. I think your prop rocks Ern! Stone....I cannot possible began to describe to you what a glory hole is. I just cant. Heh!

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:53 AM

Trust me, Stone... you really wouldn't want to know. :o)

stonemason ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:56 AM

lol...okay...I don't wanna know ;)

Cg Society Portfolio

stonemason ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:59 AM

ewwww..google just educated me...your right,I didn't need to know that.. :P

Cg Society Portfolio

orion1167 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:06 AM

Jack!!!You went and made it too enticing dangit! See now Im feeling guilty for even bringing it up :0 Have a good night folks. Im starting to see things in the corners of my eyes. Getting some rest.

orion1167 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:10 AM

By the way, thanks for the short laugh guys, its been a long night. Good luck on your Prop Ern! Im sure youll do fine. Chris~

Jack D. Kammerer ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:14 AM

LOL... tried to warn ya bud. :o) Off to bed myself here. Jack

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:14 AM

Oops.. pdblake.. I actualy thought I WAS in the merchant's forum :( Sorry.. I didn't mean to make "undercover" advertizing.. :( That's the danger of having more windows open at the same time. Admins, feel free to move this thread to anywhere where it isn't in violation :o( Sorry!

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:17 AM
Site Admin

Moving to Product Showcase forum...

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

pdblake ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:22 AM

ernyoka1: no worries, too many windows is a very good excuse. Just surprised that the mod (who shall remain nameless unless you can spot him/her) didn't notice:)

wheatpenny ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:25 AM
Site Admin

I was going to move it later. Yeah, that's it. I was going to do it later.

Jeff

Hablo español

Ich spreche Deutsch

Je parle français

pdblake ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:29 AM

MM: Don't you have some testing to do?:)

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:11 AM · edited Wed, 29 June 2005 at 7:13 AM

OK.. since the cat is out of the bag now (and I honestly THOUGHT I'd posted this in the Merchant's forum first) - here are a few more pictures to clarify some of the questions asked :o)

Promo2.jpg

PromoBig.jpg

Meeting.jpg- - - - - -

Message edited on: 06/29/2005 07:13

DrunkMonkey ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 12:04 PM

Oh I'm afraid this restroom just wouldn't pass the ADA. Red tag, no C.O. until you comply ;-). Actually making it ADA compliant might be an option. Of course it wouldn't be me doing it so I really don't know how much work that would be. BTW, for those who don't know, ADA is the Americans With Disabilities Act which sets the rules for handicap accessibility here in the states.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 12:38 PM

Oh but there's a separate compartment next door for people in wheelchairs ;o)

ratracer ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 2:07 PM

ernyoka1, great job!

dlk30341 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 2:48 PM

can't wait to get this! Outstanding work :)

orion1167 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 2:52 PM

I cant even began to say.... LMAO!!!!!! too much! Great work. Ern.

DrunkMonkey ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 4:12 PM · edited Wed, 29 June 2005 at 4:15 PM

There you go, you meet code. You'd be surprised how many people use that exception. :-) I think including the glory hole is too funny. After looking at the pics again the only thing I notice is the handles on the outside of the stall doors are rather large, but like I said, I have no idea how to model any of this.

Message edited on: 06/29/2005 16:15

cherokee69 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:21 PM · edited Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:23 PM

Lisbeth,

Don't let geep see this..in message 24, first pic..doesn't that look like Nay Say Guy coming in the door?

Love this prop by the way.

Message edited on: 06/29/2005 17:23

onimusha ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:29 PM

Oooohh... Now I see it... Looks great...

fetter ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2005 at 3:45 PM

Great! Gotta have it. But - is the glory hole handicapped accessible?

ghoyle1 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 2:12 PM

Bravo! How soon?

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.