Fri, Sep 20, 2:36 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: Render farm

thuffner3 ( ) posted Mon, 12 February 2001 at 8:28 PM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 2:22 PM

I now have a small two computer network that I'd like to set up for rendering, I'll use the faster computer for prelim work, and the second for the rendering. ??? Is Bryce capable of network rendering. I can put Bryce on both computers and copy files for images back and forth, but am hoping bryce will be network rendeing capable short of getting a render box?

Deathbringer ( ) posted Tue, 13 February 2001 at 1:19 AM

I'm not sure what you mean by "network rendering" but if you mean using both box's at once to work on a project..not that I am aware of. You can install on both box's and move back and forth with no problem. I do this also because my slower box is for rendering when I dont want to use up my building box. Hope that helps.

Stuie ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2001 at 5:53 PM

From what I know, Bryce isn't set up to do network rendering like, say, 3D Max. What you can do is either set up one for rendering, or split the render job between computers. If you're doing an animation, you could render the bulk on the power house maschine, and the rest on the older one. That way you'll be done at the same time for both machines, and faster than just using one. Also, if it's a single frame, you can split it up between the two and add them together in post (depending on the complexity of the scene). If you can, it most likely will be faster doing it like this, specially if it's a high res job.

thuffner3 ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2001 at 8:19 PM

Is a render box really just short of being a full fledged computer? I've seen ad's for render boxs in 3D world mag , and computer arts but haven't the fogiest idea what that's all about. Is the render box something of a network?

Stuie ( ) posted Wed, 14 February 2001 at 11:27 PM

No idea. Actually, this is the first I've heard of a "render box".

Quikp51 ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2001 at 4:02 AM

A render farm is usually just a networked SMP'ed computer that shares tasks from a master to slave computer. RenderDrives however are dedicated boxes made for rendering only and are extremely fast and expensive , around 14 Grand. www.renderdrive.com has some.

thuffner3 ( ) posted Thu, 15 February 2001 at 6:45 AM

That outprices me. :-), But if that's all the computer did, less loading hardware devices, drivers, etc. You could biuld a pretty fast one for a pretty reasonable amount.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.