Sat, Oct 5, 9:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 8:08 am)

Subject: Bikini model game...done in Poser?

Jackson ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 12:02 PM · edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 7:21 AM

Attached Link: http://www.izpitera.ru/lj/tetka.swf

Can anyone tell if this was done in Poser? See link; Flash player needed. You can click on the girl and drag her around if you want. Or you can just watch her fall and bounce against the bubbles.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 12:24 PM

Interesting but actually I found myself wincing as she hit and bent. Kinda gruesome. But, impressive.

Treewarden ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 12:26 PM

Holy bizarre coolness! I wonder how in the world they do that gravity/weighting thing! That would be so great in poser. It does look like a poser figure to me, by the way. Not sure tho.

LostinSpaceman ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 1:28 PM

file_262334.jpg

She looks drunk to me!

odeathoflife ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 1:30 PM

well the figure is poser but the body parts are all separated out and this effect is total action script ( flash programming ) Nice though :)

♠Ω Poser eZine Ω♠
♠Ω Poser Free Stuff Ω♠
♠Ω My Homepage Ω♠

www.3rddimensiongraphics.net

maxxxmodelz ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 1:46 PM · edited Wed, 29 June 2005 at 1:47 PM

It looks like ragdoll physics dynamics. This is basically where you tell a physics engine what body part each object represents, then assign collision detection so they collide realistically with other objects.

I'm not sure how they did it in .swf format, but obviously there's a plugin or some kind of scripting that allows you to write it to flash.

You can do this same kind of thing also in any 3D application that has an advanced physics engine, like Reactor in 3dsmax, which actually does do "ragdoll" physical simulations on Character Studio Biped figures. However, it's not in "real time".

Message edited on: 06/29/2005 13:47

Tools :  3dsmax 2015, Daz Studio 4.6, PoserPro 2012, Blender v2.74

System: Pentium QuadCore i7, under Win 8, GeForce GTX 780 / 2GB GPU.

modus0 ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 4:16 PM

Heh, just managed to get her head stuck, and her body seperated as I pulled her out. Kind of funny, but so, so wrong.

If you're joking that's just cruel, but if you're being sarcastic, that's even worse.

FreeBass ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 5:56 PM

Graceful.....

WARNING!

This user has been known to swear. A LOT!

dbutenhof ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:02 PM

Gee; you can squeeze her between bubbles if you try. You can leave her stuck in the middle. "So, so wrong" is so, so correct. Bizarre... but kinda fun in a twisted sort of way.

My first thought (well, OK, maybe my second) is that they should have applied some IK rules. After a moment it occurred to me that if this ever happened in real life, after a couple of those collisions, um, IK might not, uh, exactly work right anymore. That is, I don't know how much effort it took in scripting to make sure that all the parts stay connected... but you have to think the result might have been a bit more realistic if they hadn't bothered. ;-)

jcguitarman ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 6:16 PM

Strangely addictive...lol

DaveK ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 9:52 PM

That is the strangest game/thing I've ever seen.

Fazzel ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 10:35 PM

Wow, that is weird.

Foxseelady ( ) posted Wed, 29 June 2005 at 11:30 PM

Someone mad at an ex girlfriend lol looks like she died and got thrown from some otherworld building ;) Sort of reminded me of one of those stick or wooden puppetts if you know what I mean. As for being poser I have no idea, now question for you.......what on earth were you doing when you came across that??? lmao It's an interesting link for sure anyway!

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 6:10 AM

ahhh the funny side of the net... er.. ok in a sick way...

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

Jackson ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 6:01 PM · edited Thu, 30 June 2005 at 6:02 PM

"now question for you.......what on earth were you doing when you came across that???"

ummm.... I was reading ClubTop5's Top 16 Euphemisms for Wasting Time list. That link was at the end of the list.

Really.

Message edited on: 06/30/2005 18:02

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.