Fri, Oct 25, 7:31 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Tilted or not tilted?

zahnfee ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2005 at 9:25 PM ยท edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 7:30 AM

file_264696.jpg

To crank it, or not to crank it, that's the question! gwfa was wondering in his comment on my last posting, if it was right to crank the camera or not. tibet2004uk also suggested to straighten it a bit. I had a 2nd version of the tower (the B-Version) which wasn't cranked, or at least not that much. Probably neither is good enough..., but I finally opted for the Gallery Version, because a) it's not as static as the B-version and b) because of the branches in the foreground. Apart from that, I couldn't do much about the washed out sky in the B-version. Generally, I like tilted perspectives, but of course, you can easily overdo. Any comments / opinions are very much appreciated! Thx.

DJB ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2005 at 2:26 AM

I do like tilted much better too. I also disagree when people tell me to straighten horizons. I like them a bit off. Anyone can hold a camera level but I think the artistic part comes in when you do something different. Well....almost..

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2005 at 12:51 PM

I definitely prefer the first shot but straightened up a 'lil! U can straighten that one, u don't have to change shot! Know what I mean?? But it's all a matter of taste so...do what u're pleased with my dear! ;)

zahnfee ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2005 at 5:12 PM

@dBgrafix + tibet2004uk: Thanks so much for taking the time to have a look and post a reply!!! Know what you mean, Pasc.

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2005 at 7:01 PM

Hehe! cool! ;)

logiloglu ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2005 at 7:56 PM

yep, i prefer the tilt version,too. !!!!!!! #:O) !!!!!!!!!

zahnfee ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2005 at 6:26 AM

Thx, gerhard! read your comment in the gallery

randyrives ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2005 at 12:59 PM

I prefer the tilted one, only because the sky and tree frame and color the photo. If the 2nd one had the same sky and tree element I would prefer it.

zahnfee ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2005 at 8:03 PM ยท edited Mon, 04 July 2005 at 8:04 PM

file_264697.jpg

So finally straightened up a 'lil... ;)

Message edited on: 07/04/2005 20:04

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Mon, 04 July 2005 at 11:39 PM

Ah yes!! It's better for my taste! :) but it's just me of course! ;)

zahnfee ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 1:58 AM

Just for you, of course, Pasc with Petits Bateaux... ;)

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 7:19 AM

Now that I see the straight one, I do prefer that. Only my opinion and my opinion certainly does not make or break an image..each view is different. One thing I note in my "real work" which is not photogaphy and in photography: There is a fine line between "deliberate" and "mistake" in the eyes of others. For instance, a oval just a tad off oval look like a mistake but more exaggeration and it is accepted not as a distorted oval but a new shape. The same with angles folks are used to seeing and familiar objects, finding the fine line between "accepted" and mistake can be difficult. I did like the tilted one but prefer the straight one now. ..neat shots.

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 10:32 AM

LOL!! blush And yes, what Tom said is so very true! ;)

zahnfee ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 12:22 PM

Think, it was my mistake to compare two different shots. That way, it was easy for me to opt for the titlted version. Instead I should have applied the rotation tool to the tilted image, to see how it looks.- Thanks to all of you for your helpful critics, comments, advices!!!

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 7:29 PM

I can't count the ways the folks here have helped me! This is a very good place to be.

zahnfee ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 4:33 AM

Yep, indeed! / It was my first try with the forum./ Think, what you said about perception hit it, Tom! Thx

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.