Thu, Sep 19, 4:21 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: July 4th Fireworks!

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 5:29 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:14 PM

file_265333.jpg

Got these last night at our local Independance Day celebration. All straight out of the camera, Resized and slightly sharped for the web in PSCS2. The last one shows the last one that went off a tad low, that is the arched one you see across the shot... Enjoy! Magick Michael

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 5:29 AM

file_265334.jpg

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 5:33 AM

file_265335.jpg

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 5:33 AM

file_265336.jpg

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 5:35 AM

file_265337.jpg

Last one for now... #5

TomDart ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 7:10 AM

I saw the recent link on advice for photos of fireworks. Can you share the settings you used for these images? Did you have to play with it a bit or just set up and shoot? Nicely done. I tried a laser show once with total failure, noting what is seen is a mess of light on camera. Fireworks are more defined and lovely.

TwoPynts ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 8:21 AM

I'm with Tom. Please share what setting you used, the photos turned out great Michael. I posted the other link but wasn't able to put the recommendations to the test because I was hit in the head early on in the evening with a spent rocket, and couldn't really see well enough to take any shots. Sigh - there is always next year I suppose. =[

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

cynlee ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 10:03 AM

thanks for sharing these Michael, they came out well... missed them too this year :/

soulofharmony ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 10:59 AM

wowww awesome.. love the piccies.. seems you had fun fun fun.. really love the third on down. hugssssss

I Discovered the secret of the sea in mediation upon the dewdrop ... Sand and Foam Gibran

<a href="http://www.soulofharmonyphotographics.org/">Visit My Website</a>

TheSecond ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 11:33 AM

Wow, great pictures, what shutter speed did you have? Did you do them on tripod or free hand? thanx, Ulf

randyrives ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 12:32 PM

Nice shots, like the last one best.

Damia ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 3:15 PM

Great shots! #3 and #5 are my favs. They are so clear. :)

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 5:52 PM

For those of you that wanted to know the particulars on the EXIF data All were shot with a Nikon D100, using a Sigma 18-125mm 3.5-5.6 at ISO 400, White Balance set to Shade Image #1 Focal Length 21mm, 1/15th at f/3.8 Image #2 Focal Length 21mm, 0.4s at f/3.8 Image #3 Focal Length 18mm, 1.3s at f/3.5 Image #4 Focal Length 18mm, 1.0s at f/5 Image #5 Focal Length 18mm, 1/15th at f/8

zhounder ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 5:59 PM

Oh! I forgot, I was using a Bogan Tripod with a Manfroto 3130 quick release head. Sucker weighs a ton too... I didn't really play too much but this is my 5th year shooting this fireworks show and its within walking distance from my house so its convenient. The first time I shot fireworks I let the camera do the work. Maybe 3 shots out of 100 turned out. All the others have been manual settings or on Shutter priority. That way I can play with exposure times and not have to check Apertures each time. Its a system that works for me.

Michelle A. ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 7:27 AM

Very pretty Michael! Somehow though I feel that the sky could be darker in these...... me being too picky maybe.....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

zhounder ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 7:59 AM

Michelle, you are right, however I had to deal with huge parking lot type lights the entire time. I was shooting with them on either side of me. They surround the area where the audience is seated. I asked organizers for 3 years now to at least turn them off during the show. I am told they can't because of insurance company policy. It is held at the local high school and they "don't want to risk anything". Add to that the light pollution in this area... I can remember as a kid looking up and seeing billions of stars, kinda like what cynlee can see by going in her back yard and looking up, or what you, Michelle, can see by looking through the trees. But in the last 10-15 years there has been so much development, I sometimes think I will have to join NASA to ever see that again. So yes I agree, they need a darker background. Maybe I will go to Texas and shoot from cynlee's backyard next year.

cynlee ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 9:28 AM

sure... you're more then welcome... but i didn't see a single firework from there so BYOF ;]

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.