Mon, Aug 5, 2:30 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Challenge Arena

Welcome to the Challenge Arena Forum

Forum Moderators: Deenamic

Challenge Arena F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 02 8:56 am)

Welcome to the

Challenge Arena

This forum is dedicated to learning, creating and pushing yourself to meet the
challenges that have been posted by other members of Renderosity.

Hope to see you here!

Checkout the Renderosity MarketPlace - Your source for digital art content!

Subject: June Challenge Theme

rjbourc ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 4:20 PM Ā· edited Sun, 21 July 2024 at 9:44 AM

I've had this idea for a contest theme for a while now, and this seems like a fun place to give it a try. The June Challenge Theme is:

"Crystal Clear"

What do I mean? Well, that's up to you. Many different things can be "crystal clear": glass, water, the sky, a concept, a tone, an instruction, or an outcome, to name a few. Your task is to illustrate something, anything which is "crystal clear". Combine different meanings in a single image for extra credit. I hope that everyone can find an angle on this theme that intrigues them. Have fun!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 07 June 2005 at 5:44 PM

Great idea! I've got houseguests coming next weekend, so will have to scurry to see if there is something I can pull out of a hat for this. Carolly

JenX ( ) posted Sat, 11 June 2005 at 10:05 AM

This looks like fun!! (and less daunting than what I wanted to do with last month's) I just may be able to do something for this month!! :D

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

tresamie ( ) posted Wed, 15 June 2005 at 2:17 AM

file_252229.jpg

Early Morning Dew

Fractals will always amaze me!

waynehgunnelljr ( ) posted Thu, 16 June 2005 at 2:41 AM

file_252231.jpg

OK here is my first real attempt at a HDRI render done with 3ds Max. A still life that includes crystal clear ice in a clear glass (and some billard balls and a couple of silver rings). Feedback and suggestions are always welcomed. Thanks, Wayne

rjbourc ( ) posted Mon, 20 June 2005 at 10:53 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=984230

A very literal interpretation of the theme, probably influenced by Father's Day.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 21 June 2005 at 7:37 AM

Good entries! This is a fun challenge to watch develop.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Wed, 22 June 2005 at 2:18 AM

Very interesting topic. Crystal clear in fact lol.

I never intended to make art.

RimRunner ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 6:56 AM

It's clearly getting toward the end of the month... only a few days left... but! We are in luck, although family and friends (for those in the states) may cause a little delay, there is a 3 day weekend to start of July. So what do you all say to holding the voting off until Tuesday July 5th? That will give you next weekend to get things in order and rendered/scanned/whatever'ed and uploaded. :)

The doctor says I have way too much blood in my caffeine system.

dialyn ( ) posted Sat, 25 June 2005 at 12:37 PM

That would be great for me (she said selfishly). :)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Sat, 02 July 2005 at 5:16 AM

I'm just back from vacation and houseguests... if I have a day or so, might be able to complete something (who needs sleep?). Carolly

dialyn ( ) posted Sun, 03 July 2005 at 10:18 PM

file_252232.jpg

This isn't at all what I meant to create, but this image kept reappearing so I gave up.

"Even as she looked at the earth for the last time, she realized it was crystal clear that life endured."

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 5:13 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=994388&Start=1&Sectionid=4&filter_genre_id=0&WhatsNe

:tiptoe in and glance to the left and and to the right before slipping an image under the door:

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 6:56 AM

:)

hauksdottir ( ) posted Tue, 05 July 2005 at 3:38 PM

Well... I didn't see a sign saying "closed, too late, no admittance, go away or we'll throw you to the seamonsters!" ;) Not quite matching my vision (if I'd photographed the phial rather than scanning, I could have controlled the light better, but no time for that), however, it is done and it fills out the ranks of the entries. Moving stars and dustclouds helps me to appreciate how beautiful the night sky really is. Carolly

RimRunner ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 4:07 AM

A day late I know. Anyway, please place your votes for the top three images as we normally do. 1st choice, 2nd & thrid. We'll close the voting down on Sunday and announce the winner. :)

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 7:20 AM

This is always the hard part for me. 1. hauksdottir 2. tresamie 3. rjbourc waynehgunnelljr did a beautiful job with the reflections...I am so impressed with how realistic that graphic is. This was indeed a challenging challenge, but you all came through brilliantly. Thank you for sharing your works. :)

anniemation ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 8:23 AM
Online Now!

All great entries but here goes . . . 1. rjbourc 2. hauksdottir 3. waynehgunnelljr

SndCastie ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 10:29 AM

1.waynehgunnelljr 2. rjbourc 3.hauksdottir

Sandy
An imagination can create wonderful things

SndCastie's Little Haven

rjbourc ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 7:42 PM

This was fun for me. Thanks to all participants for your vision. 1. tresamie - I just really like the imagery in that droplet. 2. dialyn - the tunnel vision / looking through a hole thing makes the mood. 3. hauksdottir - so brilliantly clear that I find I have to lok away. Very nice.

tresamie ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 12:01 AM
  1. dialyn 2. rjbourc 3. waynegunneljr Not many entries, but they are all so good it's hard to decide!

Fractals will always amaze me!

hauksdottir ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 12:57 AM

Folks seem to be posting votes in choices rather than in points, so I'll follow the crowd so as to not confuse things any more. ;^) 1. dialyn (extra credit for outcome as well as substance) 2. rjbourc (very nice castle treatment) 3. tresamie (dew is so clear that one could fall into that drop)

chohole ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 3:34 AM

For once there was no entry from me, a combination of sick computer syndrome, plus going down with a nasty bout of shingles myself. I had an image planned, but it just was not to be. however I will be back. In the meantime here's my vote:- Ist......Dialyn 2nd......Hauksdottir 3rd.......Tresamie.

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to developĀ  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

hauksdottir ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 4:43 PM

Shingles... :( I've heard that there is a promising new treatment in the pipeline, though.

RimRunner ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 10:31 PM

First off... sorry for the delay. Been dealing with my wife. She got bit by one of the birds and didn't take care of it. Now, we doubt it's from the bird, but something got into the hand and it was infected. She had a balloon, not a hand. Anyway... that's been the distraction for the last few days. And on with the Tally: in 5th place with 5 points: waynehgunnelljr in 4th place with 7 points: tresamie in 3rd place with 9 points: hauksdottir in 2nd place with 10 points: rjbourc and, in first place, with 11 points: Dialyn. :) Congrats Dialyn. please start a new thread with July's theme.

dialyn ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 11:49 PM

Wow, I'm stunned. Thank you all. I don't think mine was the best...I'm definitely touched that you voted for me, and definitely surprised.

hauksdottir ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 1:07 AM

Dialyn, Congratulations! :) I hope that you've got a nice diversion planned for us. RimRunner, Sorry about your wife. Whether the bloating is due to tetanus or an allergic reaction or whatever, if the body swells up like that (balloon, not a hand) it is fighting hard, and a trip to the doctor is always in order. I garden and hike, so a tetanus shot every 10 years is very cheap insurance. Having a tube of cortisone and another of an anti-bacterial ointment on hand are good, too. But when I had 2 tics on my back I went to the doctor, because nothing in a home medicine kit will take care of Lyme disease. Even we self-reliant types have to show some common sense occasionally. ;^) That said, having a hand out-of-order can be a nuisance (brushing hair and teeth, tieing shoes, etc.), so having your help was invaluable. My cat is sympathetic, but she can't make a cup of coffee or braid hair! Carolly

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 6:12 AM

I was so stunned at winning, I am sorry that I didn't also send my sympathy for your wife's condition. It sounds very painful (not to mention highly inconvenient). I too hope she is well soon.

dialyn ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 6:34 AM
rjbourc ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 9:56 AM

Lost our broadband for the last couple of days, and too busy to check in at work. Congrats, dialyn. Hot Dog. I think I'll go with the "warm canine" approach and drag Spot out for this one.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.