Thu, Sep 19, 4:15 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: about the grasshopper shots

logiloglu ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 8:50 PM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 2:01 PM

file_264151.jpg

i got some questions about this shots. i used the Nikon Coolpix 8800 and a close up filter. unfortunality the close up filter doesnt fit on the Cam, so i did hold it by hand in front of the lens. ASA 200 setting.no flash used.

here is an original without postwork. you can see i didnt hold the filter very well on this capture.

best regards !

gerhard

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 30 June 2005 at 9:10 PM · edited Thu, 30 June 2005 at 9:14 PM

i'm going to try this too.. thanks for showing us gerhard :]

Message edited on: 06/30/2005 21:14

jadench ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2005 at 2:19 AM

A MOST EXCELLENT SHOT! Yes I ment to shout that. Wonderful colors and the clarity is great. Even the "framing" even in unintentional by having to hold the lens is good. I just bought a set of close up lenses for my camera and haven't had much of a chance to use them yet. Maybe this weekend.

Wivelrod ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2005 at 5:48 AM

You are holding the close up filter by hand!!? Seriously impressive Gerhard!

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2005 at 9:50 AM

Sigh...I don't even know what a 'close-up' filter is.I know what a macro/portrait lens is from my SLR days but have never heard of a close up filter.Maybe its a language thingy?

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2005 at 11:19 AM · edited Fri, 01 July 2005 at 11:23 AM

LMAO@Marlene!! I guess it's kind of the same thing!? yes?? No?? Someone?? O_o
A really super macro Gerhard!! And u did wonder on the postwork too!

Message edited on: 07/01/2005 11:23

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2005 at 2:16 PM

I think macro and close up are interchangeable Marlene. I compared your 2 images side by side and I'd be so curious to know what other postwork you went through on this one. This shot is super as is, but what you did with the postwork is just amazing, especially on "yummy, yummy" and its bright colored background.

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Onslow ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2005 at 3:04 PM

Super colourful macros Gerhard :) A close up lens is similar to a filter and fits to the front of your normal lens(usually) and gives extra magnification.

And every one said, 'If we only live,
We too will go to sea in a Sieve,---
To the hills of the Chankly Bore!'
Far and few, far and few, Are the lands where the Jumblies live;
Their heads are green, and their hands are blue, And they went to sea in a Sieve.

Edward Lear
http://www.nonsenselit.org/Lear/ns/jumblies.html

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 01 July 2005 at 3:08 PM

Thanks richard.

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

WiserAngel ( ) posted Wed, 06 July 2005 at 11:57 AM

It's pure magic, that's for sure!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.