Sat, Sep 21, 12:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 12:22 am)

Subject: OT: Bomb explosions in London

ziggie ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 5:34 AM · edited Sat, 21 September 2024 at 12:40 AM

There have been 6 bomb explosions in London shortly before 9:00 am. AQ are claiming responsibility.

"You don't have to be mad to use Poser... but it helps"

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 6:16 AM

I have been listening to it all morning here as soon as it started. Will they not be happy until we are all dead? Our thoughts and prayers are with those involved, and we hope and pray everyone is alright. Mike and Sharen

Fredy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 6:30 AM

Now 7 confirmed explosions according BBC - just horrible...

lindans ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 6:45 AM

Just when everyone was so happy with the Olympic news - these people sure know when to hit you, but with all the security at Gleneagles for the G8 summit someone was bound to take advantage. My thoughts are with the injured and their families.

Oh, let the sun beat down upon my face. I am a traveler of both time and space ....Kashmir, Led Zeppelin

galactron22 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 7:05 AM

I've said it before and I'll say it again, It takes an animal and a coward to kill innocent people. My heart and soul is with the people injured and the families of the the people killed.

Ask me a question, and I'll give you an answer.

destro75 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 8:06 AM

I am a New Yorker, born and raised. I lived through 9/11, so I understand what our friends across the ocean are going through. I just want to say may God bless all of you and your families. Terrorism is horrible, by definition, so there is nothing that can be said or done to make it feel any better. Just know that over here, many, if not all, of our hearts are with you.

japes ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 8:12 AM

several of my 'osity friends are from the UK and I hope they are Ok as well as their families.

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 8:32 AM

upto date reports : 8 explosions - 7 Subway / 1 Bus. 2 dead at Aldgate. Deaths at Edgware, number not confirmed at this time. 300+ walking wounded at hospitals. around 60 critical and serious. Phone networks ethier down or near full capacity. (got News 24 running on the BBC news Website stream. - will update as more information comes up.)

blonderella ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:14 AM

my thoughts and prayers are with the people of Britain...how utterly incomprehensible, to take innocent lives...how heart wrenching....

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:19 AM

I just saw on my homepage... links to CNN I think... that there are now 40 confirmed dead. I'm sooooo worried. I have a very good friend who lives in London and he takes the trains to work. I've been calling but there hasn't been any answer. I hope that means he's at work and not one of the casualties :( I wonder why they targeted London :( Not that they should have targeted any city, but I wonder why London specifically.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:19 AM

waiting on a news conference atm and I'm glad to say I just got the news my Dad is A-OK... he works in london on water / aircon systems..

Acadia ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:25 AM

Attached Link: http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8496293/

Apparently someone has stepped forward claiming "credit" :(

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:28 AM

ok here we go. Moorgate - 7 dead. Kings Cross - 21 dead. Edgware Rd - 5 dead. Woburn Sq - Deaths, no numbers. 4 devices in total. hopefully those in hospital now will make it.

Berserga ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:33 AM · edited Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:37 AM

I can't even see straight I'm so murderously angry.

How anyone could think something like this would HELP their cause is beyond me.

Message edited on: 07/07/2005 09:37

Khai ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:35 AM

Geoff - these numbers are from the Emergency Services Press Briefing that is on right now.

dayjo ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:37 AM

I live in England and have T.V & Radio on... 45 dead 1000 injured 4 IED's anyone who has relatives or friends here can phone this emergency number +44 0870 1566344

onimusha ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:39 AM

Any Londonites on today? I hope you guys are okay. I too am a New Yorker and also lived through 9/11. It gets better after the first wave, when you realize that the attacks are over. On 9/12 things looked a lot better than they seemed on 9/11...

Jay7347 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:48 AM

Hey Geoff, with all due respect why don't you focus your anger on the gutless cowards who set off the bombs and those who are rejoicing in the aftermath. Or do they get a reprieve from you? Last time I checked, the media didn't trigger those devices. My silent prayers are for the victims and their families. Be safe... -jay

ynsaen ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 9:59 AM

Khai, glad to hear you are ok. Any word form the other UK forumites at all?

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

SAMS3D ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 10:06 AM

Any word from Carolly? Sharen

destro75 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 10:27 AM

There probably won't be many London residents on today. I remember 9/11 there was virtually no internet access and absolutely no phone service. All of those resources were dedicated to emergency personnel. God bless all of those lives lost, and may he watch over all of those who have survived as well.

Kristta ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 10:36 AM

I heard from my friend Val who lives in London. She said that traffic and phones have all ground to a halt there. She is ok which is a wonderful thing. she said that all her friends who always picked on her for driving to work every day (instead of taking public transit) are leaving her alone today.

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 10:57 AM

The first I heard of it was when I was coming home from Blackpool (UK) about 4 pm and 7 motorwayside warning signs were displaying "AVOID L0NDON / AREA CLOSED". I asked a lorry driver at the Anderton services & he told me that there had been bombs in London but he did not know more.

DanR ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:03 AM

I live and work in London, but fortunately I was working from home today. Many thanks for the kind words of support. Normality has begun to return to the city. Phone services are ok, some of the buses have begun to resume service to help people return home, though the London Underground isn't expected to resume service until tomorrow morning. Kudos to the emergency services who appear to have responded swiftly and efficiently to the incidents, and to the public (both Londoners and tourists) who have behaved with calm and dignity. Let's hope it's over and this isn't just the beginning of an ongoing terror campaign to coincide with the G8 summit.

zarquen ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:25 AM

I live in Madrid, where we recently were attacked in such a similar way. All my condolences to the victims and families. News are talking 'bout 40 dead.. really hope the list won't grow (in madrid it reached 195) Hope british people won't act as stupid as spanish people, blaming prime minister (JM Aznar) as 'killer' for his support to Bush and Blair in Iraq conflict. All my tenderness to the victims, their families, their friends... all of my heart will rememer them.

Alisa ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:27 AM

Just wanted to add my voice. My heart, thoughts & prayers are with everyone in Britian today - particularly those who were injured, and the family & friends of those who were killed. Thanks for the reports from those of you in the area - glad you are ok.

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

shazz501 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:30 AM

i live 55 miles from london,but right now my heart and thoughts are right there with those people :(

Mason ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:41 AM

My best to all Londoners. These terrorists picked the wrong people to bomb. Londoners survived Hitler and his daily bombings and came out like champions. I wish all, especially the injured and hurt my best.

Jackson ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:46 AM

"It takes an animal and a coward to kill innocent people." Please don't lump these bastards in with animals. Animals only kill for survival; these "people" are much lower than animals. All my best to the Londoners. I hope this backfires on the terrorists and strengthens England's resolve.

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:46 AM · edited Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:49 AM

My heart goes out to the British people at this time.

Churchill -- and his generation -- knew how to deal with people who do things like this. Those of us across the pond used to know how, too.

Some of us still know. Thank God that we've got a president who understands what needs to be done. The ONLY type of solution that will actually work. And it's not to "understand" the motives of the bloody murderers who commit heinous acts like this one. Nor is it to attempt to appease them.

Chamberlain tried that one. Look where it got him.

And thank God that the Brits have a man like Tony Blair at the helm. He isn't Churchill (not many men are), but he'll do.

Message edited on: 07/07/2005 11:49

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:54 AM

Another Brit here, but nowhere near London. My best wishes to everyone in The Smoke. Hoping you're all safe and well.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

ellocolobo ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 11:54 AM

What can I say except We are with you from across the pond. These silly little forums have become so much a part of my life, that as soon as I heard I got on line to check on my "Friends". God protect you all...

steerpike ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 12:26 PM

A small update, 6.30pm UK time, 30 miles from London.

Apart from the directly affected stations, transport links are returning to normal. But word's getting out that the death toll is going to be a lot higher than 40.

lanaloe77 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 12:30 PM · edited Thu, 07 July 2005 at 12:34 PM

Why is it ok to bomb a country with planes, submarines, and launchers but not ok for the so called enemy to use their devices? This US & Them Menatality is what causes the problem. I condone none of these war acts by either side and find all guilty who tote these US & Them Creeds. We are one species. Learn to Truly Love all. You reap what you sow...

Xeno the president is the biggest part of the problem. This tunnel vision thinking is what got us here in the 1st place. My sympathy and love to people who were bombed today and to the people who did it.

To those who misinterpret my meassage: I am against todays violent acts and crimes.

Message edited on: 07/07/2005 12:33

Message edited on: 07/07/2005 12:34

Jackson ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 12:41 PM

lanaloe77, I can't say what I'd like or I'd be banned. But it is your type of thinking that is the "biggest part of the problem."

Elsina ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 12:43 PM

I am from Israel, had a bus explode 100 meters from my house (21 dead) and some good friends with their two babies murdered in a restaurant bombing (both cases suicide bombers). One get "used" to it, but the fear is always there somehow. I find this totally shocking. My thoughts are with the victims and their families.

My gallery @ Renderosity

jwhitham ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:01 PM

I'm 40 miles from London, and very relieved that I just found my youngest son - in London this morning on his way back from the Edinburgh protests - is OK. I've been touched, and thankful, for the comments on this thread up to to point where Xeno has to get on his political soapbox. Man do you really have to, can you not help yourself?

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:03 PM

Found out about it at 5 a.m. Pacific time. I have a cousin there - still no idea if he's o.k.

Jay7347 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:04 PM

Lanaloe, if you can tell me what country this "enemy" is from then maybe I can partially understand yet disagree with your logic. I find it sad that you don't understand this "enemy" you speak of. Kind of like I'd feel sad for an unsuspecting sheep in the path of a wolf. They would just as soon kill you and everyone you know as they would anyone inhabiting a plane or submarine. Get a clue, "they" believe all unbelievers should die and to accomplish that philosophy makes them holy. I truly feel sorry for those Muslims who walk the path of peace and harmony. For I know they would not condone such actions by these wacked out fanatics. Its a different world Lana...beware of your own "tunnel vision."

jwhitham ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:08 PM

Look if you guys have to turn this into a political flaming consider this: London and UK provincial cities suffered 30 years of IRA terrorist attacks, largely funded by the citizens of New York and Boston. What should we have done about that by your logic?

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:10 PM

My sympathy and love to people who were bombed today and to the people who did it.

This statement speaks for itself.

If the current generation had been in charge of World War II.........then we'd most likely be living in a world with a united Europe today. A Europe that would have been united under a single regime approx. 60 years ago (or so). A regime with Berlin as its capital city.

Good thing nowadays that the Islamic fanatics aren't as well-organized internally as the Nazis were back in their day. If the radical Islamicists were as well organized as their erstwhile world-conquering cousins -- and given much of the current PC thinking that Western societies are hopelessly plagued with -- then we'd be enjoying much the same result as a Europe united under facist control.

At least we've got leaders like Blair and Bush in office at a time when they are exactly what's needed.

Too bad that we've also got a ton of Western appeasers serving as a millstone tied around our collective necks.

It forces us to fight two battles at the same time.........

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:17 PM

I've been touched, and thankful, for the comments on this thread up to to point where Xeno has to get on his political soapbox. Man do you really have to, can you not help yourself?

Do you want to actually deal with the core of the problem -- so that it never happens again? Or do you want to ignore it, and just hope that it'll go away?

Odd that we shouldn't correctly identify the source of a mass murder. The parties who have bathed themselves in the blood of innocents. Be it the IRA or AQ.

Yes.....the people of London have my full sympathy and understanding. They also have my full support in actually doing something about it.

Richabri ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:22 PM

My deepest sympathies to our British friends who have been victimized by this cowardly and despicable act. We share your outrage and feel your pain in the States.

'The heroic mujahideen have carried out a blessed raid in London.'

Once again the 'Heroic Mujahideen' define heroism in the act of killing unarmed men, woman and especially children.

@lanaloe77: That's the difference. These barbarians have no sense of honor.

kuroyume0161 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:24 PM

Condolensces to all of those innocent people who lost their lives today and were injured in this horrendous act. I am working with a firm in London on a project and was just talking to one of them yesterday via email and Skype. I emailed her this morning to confirm that she and everyone else there was okay. Luckily, no injuries or fatalities there. She was on the tube when this happened, but was not on one of the attacked trains, and was evacuated safely.

C makes it easy to shoot yourself in the foot. C++ makes it harder, but when you do, you blow your whole leg off.

-- Bjarne Stroustrup

Contact Me | Kuroyume's DevelopmentZone

JenX ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:26 PM

My condolences to all families involved and victims of terrorism everywhere. Also, this post is here to offer condolences to those that we can. If political discussions start, they will be deleted. If I have to start babysitting the thread, I will lock it. Please show this situation the respect it deserves. MorriganShadow Poser Moderator

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

gothicenchantedangel ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:27 PM

I live in Northeast England, I was shocked to hear about it this morning on the news,especially as it was first reported that the explosions at the tube station was first thought to be a power surge. I've had the news on all day to hear more.

Jay7347 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:28 PM

"My sympathy and love to people who were bombed today and to the people who did it." -Lanaloe77 "An appeaser is one who feeds a crocodile - hoping it will eat him last."-Winston Churchill

kawecki ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:29 PM · edited Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:31 PM

"Hope british people won't act as stupid as spanish people, blaming prime minister (JM Aznar) as 'killer' for his support to Bush and Blair in Iraq conflict."

Aznar is responsable for the all death in Spain, Blair for England and both for Irak!
It's a very sad day today, as sad it was 9/11 , 11/9 and as sad it was in all the bombings of Baghdad, Serbia and so on, only inocent people are killed, meantime Bin Laden, Al Zagrev, Sharon, Bush, Blair are enjoying the show.

Message edited on: 07/07/2005 13:31

Stupidity also evolves!

Richabri ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:32 PM

Sorry MorriganShadow, I awoke this morning to the news about the bombings and have been following it ever since. It's hard to witness the suffering of our British friends and not have anger mixed with sorrow :(

pakled ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:32 PM

My sympathies for your suffering; I thought it was a bit cruel so soon after the Olympics news (not that there's ever a good time). But it does make the 4 dead in Greensboro (only political violence I ever lived around, and that was a quarter-century ago) seem small potatos. I hope they'll be perusing all the video feeds from all those cameras, and come up with some leads soon..take care.

I wish I'd said that.. The Staircase Wit

anahl nathrak uth vas betude doth yel dyenvey..;)

chohole ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:34 PM

I am a Londoner, born and bred. Fortunately I no longer work in Central LOndon, but was working there during the IRA campaign, so feel very deeply for all involved today. I thought you might like to read this poem, composed today just hours after the news broke by a Londoner, and read very movingly on BBC Radio London. This guy has hit the nail right on the head. It totally sums up the whole spirit of our capital and its people:- London Pride You come to place your bags of hate On bus and train, you made us late Yet well be back again tomorrow Well carry on despite our sorrow Your bags of hate caused some to die Yet we stride out strong with heads held high Youll never win, we will not bow You cant defeat us, you dont know how This London which we love with pride Is a town where scum like you cant hide Dont worry we will hunt you down Then Lock you up in name of Crown Were London and were many races Just look youll see our stoic faces We all condemn your heinous act You will not win and thats a fact Well mourn our dead and shed a tear But we will not bow to acts of fear Youre out there somewhere all alone Theres nowhere now you can call home Olympics ours weve won the race Your timing then a real disgrace Our strength youll find remains unbowed Were London and were very proud. Author Chris Neal (A Londoner)

The greatest part of wisdom is learning to develop  the ineffable genius of extracting the "neither here nor there" out of any situation...."

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.