Tue, Oct 22, 6:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 4:45 pm)

Subject: Poser Artist or Poser 6

mejed ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 12:40 PM · edited Mon, 29 July 2024 at 6:52 AM

I`m new to all this, I have Daz3d, and I like it but I need more (big supprise) so what would you folks suggest for a beginner Poser Artist, or Poser 6? Thanks much.

Fazzel ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:43 PM

Might as well jump in and go with Poser 6. You'll want to do more eventually once you outgrow Poser 4 and then you will just have to relearn how to do it in Poser 6 anyway. Plus you will have wasted the moeny you spent on Poser 4. Just start slow and play around with it and read a lot of tutorials.

randym77 ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:54 PM

Definitely Poser 6. Poser 4/Poser Artist can't do that much more than DAZ|Studio can.

Besides, you'll want Wardrobe Wizard, which doesn't run on Poser Artist. Trust me on this. :-)

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 1:56 PM

I completely agree with Fazzel. There's no point in starting with an older version when the latest one has all the old features. The front end is more or less the same but with a few extra bits, the rendering options are much better and the materials are far and away better. Go with P6, take small steps and have fun.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

vilian ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 2:31 PM
Online Now!

Yeah, go and buy yourself P6. DazStudio and P4 have more-less the same features, so don't go wasting your precious money on something so outdated. (says lady who uses outdated P4 and wishes to have money for P4toP6 upgrade ^.^)

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

aeilkema ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 2:58 PM

Poser 6 for sure, if DAZ Studio isn't enough for you (I still wonder for who it is enough anyway) then no need to buy Poser Artist (Poser 4) at all. Why settle for outdated stuff if you can have the up to date - state of art version of Poser? Imo even the price is a bargain.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

QuietRiot ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 3:01 PM

I started with Poser Artist in feb. and got Poser6 during the pre-sale. get poser6!!! You'll outgrow Poser Artist before you know it and wish you had gone with 6.

RawArt ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 3:11 PM

Boycott Poser Artist!!! Yech! No-one needs ".bum" files cluttering their runtime.

onimusha ( ) posted Thu, 07 July 2005 at 10:51 PM
Online Now!

Poser 6 all the way...

mejed ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 1:16 AM

well hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.... guess that answers my question. Thanks a lot. Maybe one day I`ll get as good as u lot are.

mejed ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 2:03 AM

Now heres silly question. Where might be the best place to buy a copy of Poser 6, theres quite a few places on the net that offer it, at some pretty low prices.

blondbear1 ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 4:04 AM · edited Fri, 08 July 2005 at 4:05 AM

In my experience, it is always best to go directly to the source. e frontier. Formerly Curious Labs.

Message edited on: 07/08/2005 04:05

Ethesis ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 7:30 AM

Amazon.com and e-bay also will have the software. Watch out for pirates though.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.