Thu, Sep 19, 4:26 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Sad story...

GiMi53 ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 11:37 AM · edited Thu, 19 September 2024 at 4:15 PM

file_267513.JPG

Yesterday evening I was in a typical Belgian restaurant in Brussels enjoying a dinner with my colleagues from a sector group in the European chemical industry (CEFIC) My car was just in a nearby street. After the nice dinner, I found a broken window in the back of my car and all my photographic material (camera, lenses, memory cards,) was stolen :-( So, in the coming days, I will only upload old pictures....

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

Damia ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 12:01 PM

OMG! That's horrible! I'm so sorry. :(

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

cynlee ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 12:10 PM

OMG!!! that's horribe :( I am so sorry for you... did you have it insured?

cynlee ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 12:11 PM

(opps, crossed with damia with the same response!) but it is just awful news!!

zhounder ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 12:12 PM

It sucks. I had it happen to me last September. I hope you had your stuff insured. I was under insured so it still cost me $2000US to get back up to snuff. Between the insurance money and my own the total was like 5000. Good luck with the photography withdrawls!

nathalie06 ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 12:18 PM

Bonsoir Michel, Quand je vois l'at de ta voiture, me remet en cole... J'espe que tu vas mieux qu'hier soir. Et que tu as pu faire tout ce qu'il fallait entre la dlaration de vol et ton assurance. Bien sur ne te rendra pas ce qu'on t'a vol ni le prudice moral, ni rien de tout , mais j'espe qu'on te rendra ce qui avait une valeur sentimentale sans prix... Fais attention toi. Je t'embrasse. Nathalie

soulofharmony ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 12:47 PM

ohhhhhh michel so incrediabley sorry.. huge hugs too you, hope you had insurance..nikki :)..))

I Discovered the secret of the sea in mediation upon the dewdrop ... Sand and Foam Gibran

<a href="http://www.soulofharmonyphotographics.org/">Visit My Website</a>

3DGuy ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 1:27 PM · edited Fri, 08 July 2005 at 1:28 PM

That's why I never leave my camera's in the car..
sorry for your loss.. but it's only stuff. Did you leave it in plain sight? If anything you should've put it in the boot.

Message edited on: 07/08/2005 13:28

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

firestorm ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 1:33 PM

sorry to hear that this has happened to you...hope you were covered and can replace your equipment.

Pictures appear to me, I shoot them.   Elliot Erwitt

TwoPynts ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 1:42 PM

Oh geez that sucks. Mike, my heart goes out to you. I hope you are able to get some new gear soon. Sorry about the lost pictures too. =[

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

cryptojoe ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 2:50 PM

Call your Auto Insurance Agent and give them the Police Report, you should get fair market for replacement minus the deductible.

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

aangus ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 3:28 PM

There are some scummy people about...poor you.

vlaaitje ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 3:35 PM

This is really bad news, but I guess if you have an Insurance, they will not pay you......because its not allowed to left such stuff in your car. Because it is an invitation to steal your exspensive stuff so sorry for you......I think I would be mad.... Ilona

Ilona Krijgsman: My Tree Of Life
----------------------------------

kimariehere ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 4:47 PM

i am terribly sorry to hear that!!... big hug to you ... living and growing up near LA i have had my car sterio taken many times... i know much it sucks and my heart goes out to you right now.. i have laerned to never leave anything in the car.. this last Christmas 500 dollers in gifts and valuebles were stolen when i just ran into a walmart for 5 minutes to a quick presrciption.. sigh my heart and prayers go out to you i understand the hurt and frustrastion..sigh .. messed up greety stupid people who steal make me angry!!...SIGH))))))))))))))!!!!

kimmers ♥ :O)

Wivelrod ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 4:53 PM

I had a car stereo stolen some years ago, it sucks bigtime, and that was only a hundreds quids worth. Nothing compared to even a single decent lens :( I hope you insurance covers you, and that they cough up soon. Feel real bad for you :(

Michelle A. ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 5:10 PM

I feel terribly for you.... :~( That just sucks.... Yes this happens so often... this is why I never bring my camera with me anywhere unless it's going to be in my possession the entire time. I never leave it in the car....

I am, therefore I create.......
--- michelleamarante.com

DJB ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 7:07 PM

O0oooo so sorry. And I always have mine in my vehicle. But usually around it or it is with me. Hope it turns out for the good with you.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

Nilla ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 7:27 PM

As others have said I do hope you have insurance. My car insurance policy covers things like this with a $500 deductible. My camera goes with me everywhere, even into restraunts, ball games, and the Supermarket! I learned my lesson when my car was broken into and my leather jacket stolen, the deductible on my auto made it not worth filing. I hate to hear of things such as this, you just have to wonder what is wrong with the people in this world today? That really sucks! Brenda

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 8:12 PM

Oh my Michel now this sucks big time indeed!! But as everyone else stated, it wasn't very clever to leave it in ur car and especially on the back seat for everyone to see!! How silly is that dear!! Oh my oh my!! I hope Ilona is wrong when she said that the insurance won't cover it cos u left it in ur car! I guess it depends on the insurance?? Geez!! I really feel for u still Michel!! :(

nongo ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 9:45 PM

What a horrible sinking feeling that must have been!!! Because of your unfortunate event, it will remind all of us, NOT leave our camera/stuff in the car!!!! So sorry!!! I hope something good comes from this somehow!!!?? Hugs to you... Akemi

coolj001 ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 11:00 PM

I am sorry to hear this happened to you. It makes me mad. Hope you get squared away w/new some cool new gear soon... -Jeff

sharky_ ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 12:50 AM

Sorry to hear that this had happened to you. I know that feeling of being violated and you cant do anything about it unless they catch the thief. I burn in anger when I hear theft. Sorry it had to happen to you my friend. Aloha

tvernuccio ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 8:57 AM

how AWFUL, Michel!!!!! i'm so sorry!!! :(

Punaguy ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 11:48 AM

Such a hard lesson to learn...Because I carry all my lenses and camera in a back pack I would lose everything at once if it was stolen. There for I am forced to carry it with me everywhere I go weather I want to or not. When faced with the decision to run in a store for "a minute" I always ask myself..."Can you afford to leave it in the car for that minute while I run in?" The answer is always "No!". It's just not worth the risk....So sorry to hear about this terrible crime..may they wake up screaming in their sleep! Aloha!

Kana'es Photography

KiwiMiss ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 6:57 PM

Ohhh sorry for such bad news. At least you can probably replace the equipment but the images :( Hope everything goes OK with the insurance.

Noeline :D

~Predictably Unpredictable~

GiMi53 ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 4:24 PM

From the depth of my heart, I want to thank you, dear friends, for your support and kind words... 24 replies, I can't believe it ! When reading all your messages I realise that Renderosity is more than just a site.... its a great community ! And I'm very proud and so happy to be a member of it ! Now, just some explanation about the horrible thing... To hide my bags with the camera and lenses I did put them in the boot (I drive an Audi A4 Avant, so it's a break, but the boot is covered as you can see on the picture) but this was probably my big mistake... Someone must have see me, broke the window and took the bags.... What I really hope now is to find back the little things without value for others : an old notebook in which I wrote down all the hikes (location, km, photos taken....) and an old book with a classification to identify wild flowers... For the photographic material, I will indeed give it a try through the insurance company... with not so much hope... But I already started my therapy : I bought myself a Nikon D70S kit (with 2 lenses : 18-70 and tele 70-300 mm ! I will look for a macro lens further this week, as I would really take it with me on holidays.... Any advice ? Once more, thanks for your great friendship ! :~) michel

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 6:47 PM

OMG!!! U already bought a Nikon D70!!?? Geez! This is great!!! I'm sure U'll have lots of fun with ur new toy dear! ;)

cynlee ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 7:08 PM

makes a great birthday present!! ;] cheers!

Punaguy ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 7:11 PM

That away to get back on that horse...! Nice camera, you should be quite happy with the results...good luck! Aloha~

Kana'es Photography

Akinom ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 11:59 AM

After that shock you have bought yourself a great b'day gift, eh? WOW... a Nikon D70! Have lots of fun with your new toy, Michel! Good luck!

Snow_Angel ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 12:02 AM

Well that is so terrible what happened to you! Sorry to hear it. I am glad you were able to go get a new camera!:) "Happy Belated Birthday" also! :)

Margana ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 11:17 PM

Oh my Michel!I'm so sorry.That's horrible!I so hope you recover your precious equipment,etc.Especially the irreplaceable things,like your notebook.I had something similar happen to me so I know how discomforting and horrible this can feel.You have my sympathies my friend.

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.