Tue, Sep 24, 5:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 23 7:15 am)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: What is the longest Renderosity thread ever?

Anthony Appleyard ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 1:31 AM · edited Tue, 24 September 2024 at 5:27 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=2320175

What is the longest Renderosity thread ever? The thread at this link has 206 messages!

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 1:33 AM

Probably Radio Free Ironbear. No longer available though. Tom

“The fact that no one understands you…Doesn’t make you an artist.”

bjergtrold ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 2:15 AM

California Dreaming has 392 messages, but I doubt that it is the longest Rednerosity thread. That thread is possibly in a now defunct forum.
The FOOL threads and the current incarantion of RFI have many more messages (several thousand each), the Renderosity forums system would implode under their weight.

You know what is right for you. I know what is right for me.

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 1:27 PM

Radio Free Ironbear is indeed the longest, with over a thousand. RFI moved from renderosity over to 3D Arena, and then when LSM closed that it moved directly over to XFX-3D, where it continues. incidentally, the recent Renda "sisters" thread was over 400 posts.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 1:55 PM

Yeah... I forgot to say: No longer available "HERE" though. 8 ) Tom

ynsaen ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 1:57 PM

hee hee

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

superBadGirl ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 12:07 PM

The original FOOLs thread was more than 2000 pages long @ 17 or 18 posts per page. (I forget which it is at DAZ) That one got "disappeared" though, for being too huge to maintain by the time anyone realized it was there (?) Now the FOOL thread gets split at every 100 pages.

VI_Knight ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 2:24 PM

it's 18 posts per page at Daz

Baron_Vlad_Harkonnen ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 2:19 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=2331295

The crystal ball tells me that this thread is gonna be the winner :)

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 3:57 PM

The original "Victoria wearing a helmet with a sword in a temple" thread went on for a lot of posts.

IIRC, it was that thread which coined the term "NVIATWAS" -- a vital part of the Poser lexicon. If I am wrong about this bit of ancient history, then any of you Poser historians/archivists out there please feel free to correct me on that point..........

I'm not sure how long the thread ended up being -- or even which forum it was posted in. If the original thread was located in C&D, then it's lost to the general public.

Too bad if it's gone. That thread was like a historic marker alongside the highway of the Poser commuinity. An important part of our cultural heritage.

The type of roadside historic marker that's read by 1 or 2 people a year. Usually by someone that's forced to change a flat tire nearby.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

XENOPHONZ ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 4:00 PM

I suspect that the longest Renderosity thread ever resides in the Coordinator's Forum.

Something To Do At 3:00AM 

JenX ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 7:09 AM

I wouldn't be so sure of that ;). Technically, I'm pretty sure the longest thread resides in the Developer's forum, which is on it's 30-somthing chapter ;) (Get's split every so often, just like the FOOL thread at DAZ ;) ) We don't split it...members do ;)

Sitemail | Freestuff | Craftythings | Youtube|

Knowledge is knowing a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it into a fruit salad.

thee_immortal_one ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 11:54 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains violence

Time to confuse the issue: The longest thread is actually the forum "Render Wars". This forum was created when the original thread about "Hobbit and Tolkienite Evil Intentions" was exposed. The resulting thread was cut into another thread. Which spawn a new reply thread. The Virtual Tavern (defunct now) spun the thread into a forum. The original thread is somewhere in the lost "Tavern" files. So when another thread gets its own forum we can consider it. Disclaimer: The views of this thread are the raving rants of TIO. Any similiarity to people, live, dead or zombie-fied, is probably intentional and meant to start a fight. All Hobbits are evil and must be destroyed (reference "the hobbits eat their own dead" thread). The medication is kicking in now and I don't feel compelled to finish this message.

wolf359 ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 2:42 PM

wasnt the "bytemeok" stolen steffyz texture thread the longest ever???

My website

YouTube Channel

Hawkfyr ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 3:11 PM

LOL@ TIO Actually, the Render Wars Forum even reached outside this site and a Render Wars furum was started over at the 3DCommune. Gawd that was a long time ago. Tom

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.