Tue, Oct 22, 12:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Sorta of Macro

TMGraphics ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 9:52 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:40 PM

file_267594.jpg

I put my 50mm onto my camera and the used a 58mm-to-52mm adapter ring and reversed mounted my 28-200mm to it. Very shallow depth of field. This is an image of a towel. Going off to tinker a bit more with this.... TMG

cynlee ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 3:17 AM

sorta... no really, very cool macro!! ;] have fun tinkering

Wivelrod ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 4:05 AM

Looks great :) So are you finding hte 50mm works best direct on the camera? I was under the impression that when people use reversed lenses they put the 50mm on the end of the longer lens. But hey, whatever works I say :) :) Looking forward to seeing the results of the tinkers!

soulofharmony ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 5:18 AM

agree with wivelrod and cindy... keep tinkering you tinker. kinda surreal .. :)

I Discovered the secret of the sea in mediation upon the dewdrop ... Sand and Foam Gibran

<a href="http://www.soulofharmonyphotographics.org/">Visit My Website</a>

3DGuy ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 9:59 AM

I did something similar a while back and like Wivelrod said, I put the 50mm on the end. I got shots like this: macro.jpg The coin is just over an inch wide.

What is a friend? A single soul dwelling in two bodies. - Aristotle
-= Glass Eye Photography =- -= My Rendo Gallery =-

Damia ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 1:29 PM

Very cool! I am envious, to say the least. :)

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

randyrives ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 1:41 PM

Interesting shots.

TMGraphics ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 4:01 PM

file_267595.jpg

I did use the 50mm on the end. Duh, my mistake. Anyway, here is another... I should use a tripod to reduce the blur from shakiness. TMG

L8RDAZE ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 4:11 PM

Hey some cool experimentin here! I wish I could do stuff like this...damn that fixed lens! I'll just have to live my micro-photography dreams thru you guys for the time being! Its a small world after all....(LOL)!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.