Mon, Oct 21, 5:43 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 5:20 pm)

Subject: Transferring morphs from V3 to S3 and M3 to David

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 9:25 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 4:49 PM

Hi - I was reading this post about transferring morphs to the young teens: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1987724 Am I correct that if you have the full body & head morphs for V3 & M3, that you also can use Morph Manager in the same way to transfer the morphs to S3 and David, so you don't need the head & body morphs for those figures? Then you can save them to the library, so they're ready to go? Or are there problems with this, or morphs that S3 & David have that V3 & M3 don't? With the great sale over at Daz right now, I'd like to maximize my funds :-). If I can get the base figures for the young teens & SP & David, but not also have to buy the morph paks, and still get tons of morphs, that'd be great! Thanks, Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

mathman ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 9:58 PM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=33250

Alisa, mmogul has a very handy tool called "UMT Morph Transfer", which will do all of this for you. It is available at the marketplace. regards, Andrew

onimusha ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 10:23 PM

It is such a nice program that, unlike many Poser add ons, is easy to use and extremely effective.

Alisa ( ) posted Fri, 08 July 2005 at 11:33 PM

Thanks - looks good!

Cheers,
Alisa

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 1:24 AM

So what does UMT Morph Transfer do that Morph Manager can't?

onimusha ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 1:33 AM

I'm not sure, but it's A LOT easier to use. For $12 it's worth it...

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 3:52 AM

You can't use Morph Manager to transfer morphs between V3 and M3, can you?" At least I didn't know you could runs off to try

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 4:39 AM

Don't think you can V3 and M3, M3 is cut differently if I recall.

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 7:56 AM

Beryld, AFAIK, you can't use MM to transfer morphs between M3/Freak and the rest of them. Besides, the UMT Morph Transfer is much easier to use.

blonderella ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 10:05 AM

not sure if I'm misunderstanding here, but in my mind Alisa is asking whether you can get away with just purchasing the base figures SP3 and David without having to purchase their head morph and/or body morph package as well, and use V3 and M3's head/body morph package on them... I dont know if I'm right, but I always thought you had to purchase a figure's head & body morphs to actually enable their body to take any kind of morph INJ's...maybe I'm way off base here...I know I'm totally confused now...hehe ;P

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Alisa ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 10:41 AM

Yep, that's definitely what I was asking. The thread I mentioned at the top indicates for the Luke&Laura indicates that you can do that. I thought the same thing as you, blonderella. I've always bought the head & body morph packs for the Daz figures. I'd like to make sure it'll work before I spring for the base figures for Luke&Laura, David, & Steph. Even with the current discounts, it's $44 more to buy 3 sets of head & body morph packages on top of the bases. If I can accomplish the same thing using morphs I already have from the preschoolers, V3, M3, A3, &/or H3, that'd be great!

Cheers,
Alisa

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 10:53 AM

I was doing a bit with this, a week or two back, with the Hiro and Aiko figures. An INJ morph has a small stub of code in the .cr2 I was able to successfully transfer a Hiro morph to Aiko; those figures don't use the INJ system; and then to SP3. I also transferred some V3 morphs to Aiko. MorphManager will transfer the stubs for INJ morphs. Since these are all sets of Deltas, obvious differences such as the head y-positions don't affect the morph. You wouldn't be able to export an Aiko head as a morph target for V3 without bizarre effects. You can get problems from differences in the shape of the base figure. Hiro's chin is "stronger" than Aiko's, and so a Hiro morph affecting the chin area can leave Aiko's gum area showing at high morph values. No, I haven't tried M3.

blonderella ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 4:05 PM

guess I'm thick as a brick, cause I still dont understand if MM can transfer the head & body morphs to SP3 and David, or if I need to buy the head & body morph packages still...I am in the process of buying David, and just dont know what to do about his morph packages ;?

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 9:24 PM

MM can transfer morphs from same mesh figures if they have the same cut. eg. V1/V2-Mil PT/PS girls. V3/Sp3/Laura/Mattie/Aiko. M2/Stephanie. I'm not sure if M3 and David are the same or where the freeks, male or female come in as I don't use them much. You must understand that the morphs made for one figure won't work the same on another. You need to adjust the dials differently to get the wanted effects. If you have all the V3 morphs, moving them to SP3/Laura/Mattie will let you have those great nationality faces to work with that don't come with tose figures. I only asked what one app can do that the other can't and the only answer was price and ease of use. I've used MM for 3 years or so, so I'm quit comfortable using the Free app.

mathman ( ) posted Sat, 09 July 2005 at 11:58 PM

beryld, Yes but UMT crosses the boundary between M3 and V3 and allows you to transfer from one to the other. More generally, Unimesh figures fall into 2 groups - first one contains mainly M3, Freak, Daniel the Aeon Hero and some of the other Aeon derivatives of M3. All other Unimesh figures fall into the second group (including David). UMT allows you to transfer deltas across this "group boundary". MM doesn't.

SWAMP ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 12:44 AM

file_267592.jpg

aproctor, The simple answer to your question is to get the morph packs that go with the figures you purchase. In the thread you referred to, I was using Laura as my alterative to Vic3 (a figure I never really cared for). She bends better, doesnt have those goofy shoulders that Vic has, and I find the body shape/proportions more aesthetically pleasing (after morphing). For that purpose I didn't need the Laura morph packs. As beryld said, using morphs from one figure on another gives different results. That is because while the mesh is the same (vertex order, poly count, etc.) the SHAPE of the mesh is different. Using MorphManager to mix and match morphs from different figures gives you a great deal of versatility in creating characters that are unique. but you should still have the standard morph packs for each. What I didnt mention (or showed) in that other thread, is that I export out Vic3s head shape as a morph and apply it to Laura. Doing that, the head inj/rem morphs from Vic3 now work the same on Laura but its no longer Lauras head shape but Vic3s head shape (hope that wasnt too confusing). In the above picture the default Laura is on the left, and on the right is Laura with Vics head/eye shape dialed in .800. Hope that helps, SWAMP

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 1:07 AM

Thanks mathman, that answered my question. I didn't know UMT crossed those boundaries.

SWAMP ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 1:18 AM

Not sure...but I think crossing boundaries is against the TOS.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 1:27 AM

Can't be or we wouldn't have to see those Freek in a tutu images. I shudder every time I see those.

Alisa ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 1:56 AM

Thank you, Swamp - guess I'll have to spring for the morph packs :-/ Cheers, Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

mmogul ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 7:33 AM

*SWAMP wrote : " Not sure...but I think crossing boundaries is against the TOS"*Yes and no !

You are free to transfer morphs from/to M3-V3. If you bought it you can do what you want for your personal usage

But you cant resell the morps "as is". To resell it you need at least encode the generated morphs with a tools like RTEencoder, using the original morph as key.

UMT was designed to time saving on morph creation. You create a morph to M3, use UMT, and you have the same morph to be used on V3(and similars). There are many morph creators pros here at rosity and other stores using UMT.

mmogul

P.S. : Im back...

SWAMP ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 7:38 AM

....uh....that was meant as a bit of humor,..had nothing to do with morphs.....

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.