Mon, Sep 9, 4:32 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 09 2:22 am)

Subject: Apollo Maximus Freebies WIP

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 11:33 AM · edited Thu, 29 August 2024 at 4:03 PM

file_267919.jpg

I've been working on a freebie set for Apollo Maximus by the most excellent Anton. Head and body morphs, clothing, an injection ready .cr2 file, tattoo overlays, and a pits and pubes conforming figure. Morphs: 1 full body muscular morph that by itself isn't that great looks great in conjunction with the standard Maximus morphs (all injections). 1 early man head morph 1 cheek bone heavy morph 1 chin forward morph 1 chin squared morph 1 chin cleffed morph 1 chin receed morph 1 chin strong morph 1 eyes big morph used in conjunction with the ADS scale eyes control 1 buck teeth morph for the upper teeth A number of testicle morphs All the morphs (except the testicle ones) can be easy transfered to Apollo Maximus' body suits and hair/beard with either PhilC's Wardrobe Wizard or with the Tailor. Clothing: 1 posing pouch 1 pair of laced shorts with 2 textures 1 harness 1 pair of boots New injection ready .cr2 file with EasyPose penis. The user has the choice of 0, 10, 20, 50, or 100 injections. The default is 20 (to allow for the injection morphs I've done). You can change this by copying the various script files into the default script for number of injections. I'm trying to build a Python script to make this easier for P5 and P6 users. Special note: Anton does not support injections in Maximus. Users who don't want to use injections can copy the 0-injection file into the default file and have none load, but still be able to use the other inprovements (penis EasyPose) in the .cr2. 4 or 5 tattoo overlays in .jpg format. P5 and P6 users can use the material room (color math node set on multiply) to merge the tattoos with any existing texture. P4 users will need to use a paint program to combine the tats with their existing textures. Instructions on how to do both methods will be in the readme for the tats. 1 pits and pubes conforming figure (like I did for Vittorio). This will be a freebie set, like all my M2 leathers and Vittorio freebies. I expect to have it ready by midweek. There will probably be more to come. Note: I did the injection version to make it easier to distribute other morphs as they're done (by myself and others). Injections do slow the initial load of a figure. They also give the user the ability to choose what injections they want to use for any given render. I've tried to make the injection method as painless as possible for everyone. You always have the option of not downloading the freebies. Comments or suggestions? Anthing else you'd like to see included in the first freebie release? Any style of clothing that you'd like to see for Apollo Maximus that I've done for M2, David, M3, or Vittorio that you'd like to see available for him? Any special morphs that strike your fancy? I'm not promising anything, but I'll try as my health and time allows.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 11:45 AM

file_267920.jpg

Here's some of the clothing and one tat set. I'm thinking about doing a "Freaky/The Thing" morph set for him too. Sort of a cross between the Incredible Hulk and the Thing from the Fantastic 4.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 12:12 PM

file_267921.jpg

Head morphs and tats...

SnowSultan ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 1:37 PM

Looks like you've made some fun and unique stuff for him so far! If you have time, would you consider making some simple fantasy clothes too (like a loincloth or 'pant bottom', etc.)? You might even be able to take the leather bottom and straps you've already made and give them more of a barbarian look. :) Regardless, thanks for sharing! It's good to see freebies for the male figures once in a while. ;) Take care. SnowS

my DeviantArt page: http://snowsultan.deviantart.com/

I do not speak as a representative of DAZ, I speak only as a long-time member here. Be nice (and quit lying about DAZ) and I'll be nice too.

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 1:55 PM

file_267922.jpg

Here's the Thingie/Hulker WIP

vilian ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 3:45 PM

Awesome. But it looks like you abandoned Vittorio ? sigh

Outdated gallery over at DeviantArt

Fics at FanFiction.net and Archive of Our Own (AO3)

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 5:22 PM

Very nice! I do agree with SnowSultan in that Apollo is in dire need of fantasy realm outfits. With his build and the way you can buff him up, he would be a great barbarian...mohawk hair, leather loin cloth, leather fringed boots, headband, weilding a huge axe. At least that's how I picture him, hehe. You've done a wonderful job and a nice variety of content for a freebie :) I look forward to when you release it :)

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

pdxjims ( ) posted Sun, 10 July 2005 at 7:46 PM

Nope, I haven't abandoned Vittorio! In fact, I have some plans for improvements for him in the next couple of weeks. However, I am a FIRM believer in supporting any male figure that comes out, so I'm taking a little break from Vittorio and M3 Improved to show my support for Max and Anton. There's always a ton of freebies for new female figures, but very few for male figures. The guys need a little more support from the freestuff providers. BTW, for fantasy for Max, look at Dave71'a Overlord set at rDNA. There's already some nice txture sets available for it there, and it looks great in the promo shots (like all of Dave's work). There's also some nice masks there available for Max, and some other items too. Sorry I can't give a first hand review, but cash is pretty tight and I'm saving what few pennies I have in the hope for a UTC pluggin for Max. Can you imagine some of Quim or Catherina's textures on Max? WooF! I know there are more products coming for Max, by a lot of vendors.

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 1:26 AM

WEEEEEEEE! That is awesome news, PDX! And what REALLY made me jump around and ook silly is the "pits and pubes" Gawd knows the poor boy need that! YES YES YES! BTW I've made a nice pic with Vittorio and Maximus, it's over at raunchyminds if you want to see it ;o) - I can't show it here coz they've got no clothes on L but it also makes me long for the easypose penis =o)

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

mathman ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 3:36 AM

He looks fantastic, Jim ! The image in post #2 looks like a professional wrestler. Maybe he can get a job with the WWE ?

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 3:56 AM

I just noticed you asked for ideas for clothing. A Wizard robe for him, Pretty Please? And uhm.. some undies with .. room for excitement would be nice, too... =o)

You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 11:25 AM

Yes! Excitement morphs, we definitely need those! ;-)

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 11:37 AM

First freebie has been released. Check the new thread for info. Use the Easypose dials at the body level to get the excitement look you want. Working on a wizard robe now.... I think I've done one or two of those before (grin).

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 11:46 AM

jim hey send the wizrobe my way .. I dont have AM yet but I can whip you up a couple sets of textures for the robe :) Lyrra

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 11:48 AM

Yes, my Lady! Talk about encouragement! And thank you!

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 12:18 PM

Thanks, Jim (and Lyrra), in advance :-)

Jim - Do you know if/how we can use Vittorio with Wardrobe Wizard? Cheers, Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

RETIRED HiveWire 3D QAV Director

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 12:35 PM

To use Vittorio with the Wardrobe Wizard, do the following: 1) Load V3 as the TO figure. Then inject the ToV3 morph that comes with Vittorio. Set this FBM to -1 (this will give you the Vittorio base). 2) Follow the usual steps you'd use with the Wardrobe Wizard. That should work fairly well.

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 12:58 PM · edited Mon, 11 July 2005 at 12:59 PM

file_267923.jpg

Here's the base. I used the P5 cloth room for the initial fit. It'll be fully boned, have sleeves and a couple of collars, and one bad texture by me. Lyrra, bless her heart, will do GOOD ones! It's good to have friends! Especially talented ones.

Message edited on: 07/11/2005 12:59

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 2:15 PM

I LOVE this start! Looks really good, and with sleeves it'll be PERFECT! Would you consider some sort of cape to go with it? (yeah I know I'm demanding...) Besides, your P5 textures are good, the folder with pdxjims textures are among my most used ones! Just so you know it :o)

Byrdie ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 2:45 PM

Same here, love those metallics especially. Your tartans are nice too -- ohmygawd, Snape in a kilt!!! ::dies:: To ernyoka, I just PMd you @ raunchy.

Alisa ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 2:57 PM

Thanks for the tips for WW & Vittorio, Jim - I'll post that in the Wardrobe Wizard group, too, if you don't mind my quoting you :-) Cheers, Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

pdxjims ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 5:52 PM

P5 materials I can do! It's the beautiful rich variation and complicated stuff the Lyrra does that's beyond me. A cape? Well, maybe... capes I'm not quite as good at, but I'll try. The sleeves and shoulders may be a bit different than the way I did them for the David and Ichiro Fantasy Robe sets. I want to try something a little different (grin). Alisa, feel free. I've been meaning to get a copy of Vittorio to PhilC, but I can't seem to free enough storeage on my server to upload it for him to download. Freebies, freebies... If you've got a copy of Vittorio, and can get it to PhilC, you've got my permission to pass it on.

Lyrra ( ) posted Mon, 11 July 2005 at 6:05 PM

jim Well when I'm out in your area I'll show you how I do it .. trust me .. its not that hard with my methods :) thanks for the WW vittorio tip ..and after I did all those clothes the hard way lol ah well ..WW sure has made my life easier. Lyrra

Alisa ( ) posted Tue, 12 July 2005 at 12:30 AM

Thanks, Jim - I just emailed PhilC. I'll let you know if I can get it to him somehow :-) Cheers, Alisa

Cheers,
Alisa

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.