Sun, Sep 22, 12:34 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: How dense of The Girl's mesh?

tedbragg ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 12:02 PM · edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 12:34 AM

V3 and Aiko 3 grind my computer to a halt...is the Girl just as dense? She shares unimesh textures -- always wanted to get her, but afraid she'll be sloooow to work with.

NomiGraphics ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 12:41 PM

Well according to UVMapper Victoria 3 is 72 thousand vertices. The Girl is showing 57 thousand vertices. So a 15 thousand difference. Not sure if that would be enough to make it run ok on your system, but that's the numbers :) - Noel

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 1:46 PM

Over half of that is in her head, by the way.

tedbragg ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 1:56 PM

Geez. I need a faster computer.

stahlratte ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 4:15 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

"Geez. I need a faster computer."

Had the same problem with my old computer, so I just made my own Toon versions of V2 and NEA/Posette with magnets and Wings3d. :-)

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

stahlratte

Jim Burton ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 6:10 PM

One thing I'd suggest on V3 is limiting the number of morphs you inject, you can more than double her size if you put everything in. You can also spaun morphs if you use a bunch of the DAZ ones, then remove the DAZ ones and use the one you spawned.

tedbragg ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 6:34 PM

V3 base brings my system to its knees. It's slightly better in DazStudio, but still a pain to WAIT 5 seconds everytime I spin a dial or move a slider. I want a system where I spin the dial, I see the result at the same time. Used to be that way with original P4 figures... Stahlratte: you have GOT to show me how to do that!! 've tried using magnets in the past, but could never get them to work. Can V2's obj import into Wings, and just move stuff around in that, without bothering with magnets? If so, I'd be all set... I also have Vicky1 Low Res...I could really do some stuff with her...

stahlratte ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 7:30 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

Glad you like her, tedbragg. :-)

But there is not really much I could show you besides what is explained in Dr Geeps Magnet tutorials.
Its mostly just practice because I use Magnets so often.
(Btw, there are also magnets in Wings3d, but as I never use them I really cant do anything with them. LOL)

But yes, you can import V2 without problems to Wings.

Here are two pics of my toonified Vicky2:

Btw, the original SARA, which was the very first Toon mesh converted for Poser, is pretty low-rez, too, and she got quite a bit of support.
The updated version has a higher resolution Head mesh, though.

stahlratte

Little_Dragon ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 8:45 PM

Dark_Whisper's low-res version of Staci is available for free at 3D Universe.

tedbragg ( ) posted Wed, 13 July 2005 at 9:39 PM

Thanks guys. Just knowing I have a means of altering my V2 figure is enough to make me do handsprings. I'm comfortable in Wings3D, so...this is good. Geep's got Magnet tuts? Off I go...

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 5:48 AM

Hey stahlratte, I remember a post where you told about your V2-look-like-The-Girl. Have you thought in post it as freeb?

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.