Fri, Oct 25, 1:27 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Noise Remover Software ...

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 6:53 PM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 1:26 PM

Hi everyone ... I have a question. About Noise. Noise in a photograph.
I use Photoshop primarily for my photo editing, and the only tool I see in this for noise is the 'despeckle' option. Sure, it does some; but not enough.

Does anyone know of a good program or software or even a plug-in that does a good job with removing noise?

I posted a Seagull today in my gallery; and the pose I thought was fabulous, but the noise was horrible. It was so noisy I almost didn't upload it.

I look forward to seeing if I get any responses to this. This is my first post here at the forums in all of RR.

Thanks you guys .. in advance.

Shari

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

Nameless_Wildness ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 7:05 PM

Attached Link: http://www.neatimage.com/

Shari... Personally, I use Neat Image sometimes (depending on the ISO!)...(plugin or standalone)...you can d/l profiles for your cam...I use a DSLR so noise is at a minimum but I do understand your concern! Jim

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 7:40 PM

hi Shari... & welcome to the photo forum!! :] found some good links to some previous discussions we had here recently: Noise http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2316929 Help please ..jpeg artifacts problems ;-( http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2264121 Noise Reduction Software http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2225137

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 7:50 PM

Jim --- Thank you!! I actually HAVE Neat Image on my computer; just have never used it before. I redid my Seagull .. and wow. What a difference it makes! I want to re-upload it now! lol Cynlee --- thank you !! I REALLY appreciate the links you gave me; So far have read the first one. Now on to the second. Thanks a lot you guys... I really appreciate it! Shari

P. Vermeulen

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 8:02 PM · edited Thu, 14 July 2005 at 8:05 PM

you can still [edit] your seagull post :] be looking at it soon & you're welcome, anytime!

Message edited on: 07/14/2005 20:05

beekz ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 8:03 PM

despeckle sucks...better to gaussian blur and give it a new..finer noise.... it will reduce... not remove. taking the noise completely out of grainy images is not very often a succes...

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 8:27 PM

Cynlee, really? I can edit and reupload? OK!! I'll go do that now ... Be honest.. tell me what you think ... In reading one of the discussions in one of the links you gave me, the talk of too much noise reduction and how it can give that waxy look. I hope I didn't over do it on my bird. Thanks a heap!!

P. Vermeulen

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 8:37 PM

yep... just click on the [edit] under the thumb & reload... may need to open it in a fresh window to see the new one... will keep it in mind when i get there :] or you can upload both images here & we can compare... (attach file, under 200kb, & the 2nd right under that in the next reply)

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 9:01 PM

Oh, man .. what a disaster. How I edited it and how it appears in my gallery is not the same. :( I won't re-upload it again ... I'm sorry for the mess. if the image was smaller, it'd look good. I think.

P. Vermeulen

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 9:05 PM

you still have the other one? you can edit it again if you don't like the way it looks :/ are you saving as a .tif file to work with? cuz you know every time you edit a .jpg it degrades the image further just took a peak... is that with neat image?

tizjezzme ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 9:14 PM

Hi .. no, I used Helicon Filter; in one of the url's it was mentioned. no, I haven't saved as .tif before. I have saved as psd.

P. Vermeulen

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 14 July 2005 at 9:19 PM

psd file is alright too... well it does look a little soft... lost some detail? hard to tell since i didn't see the original... i guess you read one of the tricks you can do is smooth/g. blur one... layer it over the original & merge at part opacity or erase back the areas you want more detail...

danob ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2005 at 3:52 AM

Looks as if you got it sorted Shari It is a great filter but it needs to be used with care or it can soften the image too much

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

tizjezzme ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2005 at 5:27 AM

Cynlee -- I will try that. Thank you! I have posted a pic today .. hoping it looks okay on your side. I thank you so much for all of your help .. AND PATIENCE with me! :) Danob -- (dan?) I am so unsure of this yet, I don't know. But I will keep at this till I get it so fine tuned, even the pro's will be left speechless. :) (may as well shoot for the stars, right ?? LOL)

P. Vermeulen

danob ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2005 at 6:21 AM

yep you can never aim too high

Danny O'Byrne  http://www.digitalartzone.co.uk/

"All the technique in the world doesn't compensate for the inability to notice" Eliott Erwitt

cynlee ( ) posted Fri, 15 July 2005 at 9:54 PM

Attached Link: Neat Image Usage Tutorial

found this tut that Donald brought up a ways back... might be helpful :]

Zacko ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 7:36 AM

YAY SHARILYN FOUND HER WAY IN HERE AS WELL!!! Whoppi doo!!! Im sure youll find whatever youre looking for in this marvelous forum. Enjoy and watch out for Cindys paddles, LOL. #:oP

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 7:50 AM

Cindy, thank you for your ongoing help here!! Is it true what Andreas says about you -- with the paddles?? LOL

P. Vermeulen

cynlee ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 10:24 AM

oh well HE would know! ;] hehehe

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.