Fri, Oct 25, 7:27 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: better in black in white or color??

kimariehere ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 7:08 PM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 7:26 AM

file_271180.jpg

can't make up my mind!!.... ( posted two views of this wooden walkwalkway one from way up high and one from the ground but this is strait on i liked the lightplay of shawdows.. was thinking of postin but cannot decide on black and white or color which is better an why ??! thanks for your help!! kimarie

kimmers ♥ :O)

kimariehere ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 7:09 PM

file_271181.jpg

in color...

Montanan ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 7:20 PM

color yes

jdw4jesus ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 7:21 PM

I love the black and white one...the shadows make it really stand out and catch your eye and will not let go ;) Great shot! :D

zahnfee ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 7:28 PM

The vivid colors are a bit distracting for my taste. I'd prefer the b/w version, too! Concentrates more on the lightplay!

kimariehere ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 7:30 PM

oh now i am even more confused LOL!!!

logiloglu ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 7:48 PM

i would prefer b/w ( sepia ? ) for this shot. !!!!!!! #:O) !!!!!!

kimariehere ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 8:14 PM

thank you yes sepia i shall try it!!

kimariehere ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 8:19 PM

file_271183.jpg

good idea i like it in sepia !! yeah! thank you here it is in sepia!!

kimariehere ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 8:26 PM

file_271184.jpg

oh that board at the top right looks washed out fixed it...

zahnfee ( ) posted Sat, 16 July 2005 at 8:56 PM

Looks much better, than the color version, imho, although I'd still prefer the b/w version. But maybe that's only, because your images always let me think of great old b/w western movies!

Zacko ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 12:31 AM

Okay, im just gonna be opposite right now, LOL. I really prefer the coloured one, next the "sephia" (this sure looks alot better than a true sephia would) and last the B/W. There are so many beautiful colours in this shot, that would be a shame to not show them off. And i also have to disagree with zahnfee, i think the coloured one shows off the lightplay way better than any of the others. All this is of course only my silly opinion...bla bla bla...you should go with the one you prefer. #:O)

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

wackiej ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 2:07 AM

Hmmm. Dont like the B&W. Do like the color but its almost to colorful (saturated? I'm still learning the terminology) but it does look like the path I would choose if given that choice on a hike. I really do like the last one because for me, it represents the west. Looks like tumble weeds, sage, worn out wood and high desert. I would expect bandits to meet me around that bend, make off with my horse and leave me walking my ass back to the nearest trading post. Nuff for now. Must sleep.... And Hey, thanks for commenting on my bee. Glad you like him. Good eve to all, Jackie

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 5:41 AM

Definitely the last one for me!! #10!! Yep!! I love those warm earthy colors!!!

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.