Sat, Oct 5, 12:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 05 11:52 am)

Subject: Injection Magic Problems - Please Help - Take 2

mathman ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 8:17 AM ยท edited Sat, 05 October 2024 at 10:22 AM

Hi all, I'm at my wit's end with Injection Magic (I have SR1 loaded, BTW). I'm trying to create a pair of INJ/REM pose files based on a custom morph I created for M3 SR1. I understand that IPB only works with standard morphs, so I am left to use Injection Magic. The problem is that it creates the pose files in Injection Magic, but when I try to apply them to the base M3 SR1 figure, it does NOTHING. In summary, I did the following : IN POSER : (1) Loaded M3 SR1 into Poser. (2) Used magnets to create a new head morph. (3) Spawned the morph target, called it "New_01", and set it to 1 to ensure that it worked properly - it did. (4) Saved this as a new character file M3_New.cr2. (5) Closed Poser. IN INJECTION MAGIC : (6) Created a new definition file based on M3 SR1. (7) On the Step 1 tab (Input CR2), I located M3_New.cr2 and loaded it in. (8) Unchecked all of the Parsing Options, except for "Include Morphs" and "non-zero morphs only". (9) Clicked the "Parse File" button. Sure enough, the only morph that was selected was my custom morph "New_01". So far, so good. (10) On the Step 2 tab (Options), I unchecked "Include DAZ morphs", and clicked "Next". (11) I then clicked the "Generate" button, it prompted me for the location and names of the INJ and REM files, and they were then created. I then went back into Poser, loaded M3 SR1, and applied the new INJ file - I twiddled the dial, but it just sat there and did NOTHING !!! .... sheeeeesh.... Finally, I looked in both the new "M3_New-INJ.pz2" pose file in Wordpad, and discovered that there was a reference to hdAfrican (huh????). Likewise for the "injNew_01-head.pz2". No wonder it didn't work ! Does anyone know what is going on, because I am totally confused and frustrated by this.....? BTW, I am using Poser v6 SR1. thanks, Andrew

randym77 ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 8:35 AM

You might try posting your question at DAZ, if you haven't.

dorkati ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 11:36 AM

If you select automatic channel selecting, this program will put your file into an existing...and mabye not empty channel. You need to uncheck automatic channel select and apply manually an empty channel. Maybe it would be better. But who knows? :))

mathman ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 5:09 PM

Thanks, dorkati. I will try this out.

mathman ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 5:40 PM

Actually, I did try it out. I removed the "auto channel assignment" and manually selected PBMDC_01. It correctly assigned the injection to this channel. It also recorded the number of deltas to 38290. The problem is that it didn't record the deltas themselves. There is no indication of what the deltas' values are. As expected, when I applied the dial after loading up the injection, nothing happened. So I am still not out of the woods. BTW, when I load up the inj morph, it automatically sets the dial value to 1. Is there a way that I can correct this ? thanks again, Andrew

dorkati ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 6:07 PM

OK. I made sme as you...step by step. Only not created new definition file, because there is a DAZ Michael 3 file in Injection Magic. So..Loaded M3 sr1, made morph with magnets...spawn as new_01...save as M3_new.cr2. In Injection Magic, I made everything what you wrote...(except definition file) and after than check back in Poser. Load Mr sr1 (original), apply new INJ pose and tadaaa.....it worked. The only difference was that I didn't make definition file. It is included. Try again, need to work! If you can't do anything and this head is only for your use and not want to sell...maybe send me as MT and I will make to you.

mathman ( ) posted Sun, 17 July 2005 at 7:11 PM

Thanks again for your help, dorkati, Interesting that you said the definition file for M3 was already in your version of Injection Magic. I thought I had the latest version (SR1) .... are the definition files for the newer characters available separately ? Maybe I set up the M3 definition file incorrectly ? .... I will play some more. I would like to think that Injection Magic supports 3rd Party characters such as Elle or Apollo Maximus. regards, Andrew

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.