Tue, Oct 22, 3:48 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 3:39 am)

Subject: Help me make IBL render please

flashfire1979 ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 2:07 AM ยท edited Thu, 01 August 2024 at 2:09 PM

I just got P6 today. A worthwhile upgrade and I'm enjoying it. There are plenty of IBL light sets but I want the background to go with it. I've searched the manual but I can't get the background to cooperate. How do I load the IBL image I need for each IBL light set? Thanks in advance.

face_off ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 5:23 PM

Attached Link: http://www.users.on.net/~pkinnane/IBL%20Tutorial/SpecularIBLTutorial.html

Since the backgoround and an IBL light source image are different orientations, you need to do a couple of things in order to get them working properly together. The above tutorial explains it.

Creator of PoserPhysics
Creator of OctaneRender for Poser
Blog
Facebook

marco-xxx ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2005 at 5:48 AM

Poser 6 doesnt use the IBL image as background as Vue 5 does. To achieve this aim you can 1) take the Probe Light image (as the one shipped with Poser); 2) convert it in a Cubic Environment (Vertical cross) image using HDR Shop (menu: Image>Panorama>Panoramic Transformations) 3) crop the central square of the Vertical cross; 4) use the cropped image as background. I hope I was clear: English is not my language.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.