Sun, Oct 6, 3:23 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Bryce

Welcome to the Bryce Forum

Forum Moderators: TheBryster

Bryce F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 28 6:28 pm)

[Gallery]     [Tutorials]

THE PLACE FOR ALL THINGS BRYCE - GOT A PROBLEM? YOU'VE COME TO THE RIGHT PLACE

Subject: First Freebie!!!

Sans2012 ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2005 at 2:12 PM · edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:24 PM

Attached Link: http://web.aanet.com.au/sans2012/Freebie/freebie.html

Hi guys, I just uploaded my web site today and am letting you know there are a couple freebies there. Three buildings. There pretty basic and you may want to re-texture them. As for the site its my first attempt so its not that great. I definitely need to optimize it a little more; it takes a bit long to load you see. If you go to the home page crank up your speakers:] Anyway let me know if they work OK and if they are suitable to put in the Renderosity freebie section??? Hope someone can use them. Thanks guys. Michael.

I never intended to make art.

TheBryster ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2005 at 3:52 PM
Forum Moderator

This is a great looking sight. Yup! Some of it's slow but you could fix that so easily. The small pics on your gallery page are full size pics!!!!!! You need to downsize them to about 20kb or so. At the mo they are too heavy to load quickly and there's your trouble.... Looking forward to hearing your music too. I see one's dedicatd to Smithy!

Available on Amazon for the Kindle E-Reader

All the Woes of a World by Jonathan Icknield aka The Bryster

And in my final hours - I would cling rather to the tattooed hand of kindness - than the unblemished hand of hate...

Zhann ( ) posted Mon, 18 July 2005 at 7:58 PM

Very nice, thank you for sharing...! You may also want to load them up to freestuff here...

Bryce Forum Coordinator....

Vision is the Art of seeing things invisible...

marcfx ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 3:26 AM · edited Tue, 19 July 2005 at 3:27 AM

Great buildings, well made and well done :) Oh and I'm number 22 to your site!! LOL

Message edited on: 07/19/2005 03:27

Smile, your dead a long time :)

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 3:53 AM

Thanks guys!!! 22 cool! I would have expected 2 for the first few days lol. Thanks Mark:]

Peggy_Walters ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 8:27 AM

Thanks! These are great looking buildings.

LVS - Where Learning is Fun!  
http://www.lvsonline.com/index.html

pauljs75 ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 1:40 PM

Cool stuff... Unfortunately my HD is practically full. By the way, you might want to create separate images for thumbnails in your gallery. Sure you can resize the actual images to display on the page, but the computer still has to load all 437KB. Thus the purpose of having a quick preview image is defeated. It's not too much work to take the original image into an editor, scale it down to 200px across or so, compress it under 10KB, and then save as something with "_thm" added to the original name. Then by using proper thumbnail images people will be able to see what the gallery is about without getting bored and going somewhere else.

Barbequed Pixels?

Your friendly neighborhood Wings3D nut.
Also feel free to browse my freebies at ShareCG.
There might be something worth downloading.

Sans2012 ( ) posted Tue, 19 July 2005 at 1:44 PM

Thanks for that pauljs75, I actually done most of them today. Should have it all fixed by tomorrow. Cheers!

Sans2012 ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2005 at 2:18 PM

Well Ive optimized most of the images so it should all work better now:) Added a guest page with(you got it), a guest book and tell a friend section. Thanks again guys! the feedback and advice has been great. Michael:]

Sans2012 ( ) posted Wed, 20 July 2005 at 4:11 PM

Look out!!! Just added Tetris to the guest section! Get a high score and add it to my guestbook he he:)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.