Fri, Oct 25, 7:29 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Something different for me

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 1:27 AM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 7:27 AM

file_273609.jpg

#1 Would like to know if the flood filter did this any justice.

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 1:27 AM

file_273610.jpg

#2 Original

"The happiness of a man in this life does not consist in the absence but in the mastery of his passions."

cbender ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 2:03 AM

Call_for___PiCue.giflooks quite interesting... no question... it's different... everything seems to float in some way... looks a bit "unreal though"... i'd say it depends on the intention you have here, doug... if you want to do a fascinating picture - somewhat "dreamily" i'd go for the filter... if you're more going for a kind of "reporting-shot" i'd go for the second one...

Prinzessin ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 2:32 AM

Wow... sensational effect here... I would go for the filter, definitely!! It looks unreal, yes thats right... but so fascinating!! I love this one... And it makes it extraordinary... Very nice idea!! :-))

Please have a look at www.digital-renaissances.org!

Akinom ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 3:26 AM

The original is already amazingly beautiful, Doug! But that filter make it even more extraordinary! Gives a dreamy feel to it! Like it a lot! BTW excellent butty shot! Hugz, Monika

soulofharmony ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 3:32 AM

both outstanding in their own right... but top one makes it yours orginal.. sensual and very beautiful... awesome work.. doug...:)..))

I Discovered the secret of the sea in mediation upon the dewdrop ... Sand and Foam Gibran

<a href="http://www.soulofharmonyphotographics.org/">Visit My Website</a>

zahnfee ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 5:08 AM

I would prefer the filter, definetly! Beautiful and unique effect! Of course, the butty looks great in both versions.

cryptojoe ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 9:43 AM

Very good indeed Doug.

Yank My Doodle, It's a Dandy!

Damia ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 11:31 AM

Excellent shot! I love butties!! The one with the filter is very unique and beautiful. The reflections look really good, too. I would go with that one. After all, photography is art, too and it doesn't always have to be a straight forward picture. I vote for the filter! Great capture! :)

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

TwoPynts ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 12:39 PM

I certainly like it Doug, but if you could make it feel a little more natural I think that would help a lot. The effect would need to be softened to match the photo and the "horizon" would need a bit more of a blend..maybe even a lightening as it neared the "water".

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

randyrives ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 3:08 PM

I like it. I also think it would benefit from having some hint of shoreline / horizon. Beautiful work!

DHolman ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 3:19 PM

I think it's a beautiful effect and I like it. It makes it a bit out of reality and that's not a bad thing. I think the only thing that bothers me is the type of plant the butterfly is on. It just doesn't look like something that would be coming out of water. If you could capture something like this with a thinner stalk coming out of the water ... that might do it. May just be me though. Also, for a more natural effect, I think that the plants need to effect the water a little more. Not talking huge ripples, but aside from the reflection, there's nothing there to say the plant is really coming out of the water. -=>Donald

cynlee ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 8:08 PM

i like it too... (obviously) since i got one too ;] already rec'd a couple of good suggestions

DJB ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 9:29 PM

Funny you should say that Donald...I knew the plant was not something found in water.So is why I was hesitant. This is more for a fantasy image so perhaps some of these suggestions I can give a try. Thanks people.

Nilla ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 10:13 PM

I have been scrolling back and forth between the two images for a few minutes now, I really like the one with the flood effect, it added a special mood to the image. The original is an excellent too btw. Brenda :)

Zacko ( ) posted Thu, 21 July 2005 at 11:28 PM

OH YES!!! I for one think the flood filter really brought this one home to mama....or dada...whatever. Beautiful macro by the way. Yes...do the flood!!!!!!!!

How come we say 'It's colder than hell outside' when isn't it realistically always colder than hell since hell is supposed to be fire and brimstone?

Andreas

Mystic Pic

Margana ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2005 at 9:06 AM

Lovely work Doug.Is it possible to have the 'flood' go past the leaves,because I think it would make the leaves look even more like they're in the water.Just MHO. :)

Marlene <")

Marlene S. Piskin Photography
My Blog

"A new study shows that licking the sweat off a frog can cure depression. The down side is, the minute you stop licking, the frog gets depressed again." - Jay Leno

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.