Fri, Oct 4, 4:24 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 04 8:39 am)

Subject: International Beauties Maps & Morphs - worth the $$ ??

blonderella ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2005 at 11:39 PM · edited Fri, 04 October 2024 at 4:18 PM

I would appreciate if anyone has this package or knows anything about it, is it as good as it sounds for creating multicultural characters? also, I didn't see any mention of Oriental specifically, so wondering if it has that capability as well... I recently purchased the V3 Head Sculpture Pack and also have the head and body morphs so I wonder if the Int'l Beauties bundle has morphs that I cant create with the other packs myself (excluding the textures of course)...thanks for any recommendation and input! ;D Karen

Say what you mean and mean what you say.

agape ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2005 at 11:54 PM

I bought them sometime ago. I absolutely adore the maps and use them alot. However, I could never get the morphs to work. I even redownloaded and reinstalled and they still wouldn't work. Oh well... jaebea

blonderella ( ) posted Fri, 22 July 2005 at 11:58 PM

jaebea...did you see this notice DAZ put on the product? "You must download the free Victoria 3 SR2 and/or Stephanie Petite SR1 files from the DAZ Updates to use this product.? if you HAVE the figure updates and that's not the problem causing the morphs not to work for you, that makes me a bit hesitant to lay out my money...thanks for your input...

agape ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 12:09 AM

Actually, no I didn't read that notice. I am going to check it out now and maybe I will have a different report in a little while. Thanks! jaebea

linkdink ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 12:13 AM

Attached Link: http://market.renderosity.com/softgood.ez?ViewSoftgood=31065

blonderella, I would say both the maps and morphs are definitely worth it. Among other things, with the morphs you can use the charater "Kumi" by TamelaJ, a beautiful Japanese girl (link above).

Here's one of my renders of her:

http://www.renderosity.com/viewed.ez?galleryid=1003392&Start=1&Artist=linkdink&ByArtist=Yes

Gallery

GabrielK ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 12:16 AM

Oriental = rugs; Asian = people. :) LOL, just an old joke I heard a long time ago. Anyway I have the international beauties set, and it does indeed come with some Asian morphs. Two or three I think. To be honest all of my Poser add ons kind of blend into one another and after all this time it's a bit difficult to keep them separated in my mind. But from what I recall the set was quite nice. The textures obviously are great. As for creating multicultural characters...hmm yeah I suppose it's good at that. You do get slightly more options compared to just the standard morph set.

philebus ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 1:17 AM

This was one of the best poser purchases I've made. The maps are excellent and versatile, you just can't fault the quality of Morris' work. I find the morphs very useful though I use SP more than I do V3, they are much better than V3's basic ethnic morphs. At this price, you get a lot of bang for your buck and as its on sale, I would snap it up!

Jules53757 ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 2:19 AM

If you are only looking for the morphs, as much artists use them in their figures, I think they are just right now out as special offer for about 14 $

Ulli

"Never argue with an idiot. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!"

agape ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 4:35 AM

file_274098.jpg

Okay, it works great now! Here's a "semi-quick" render. Not fancy but it will show you what it can do.

jaebea

randym77 ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 8:45 AM

I like the package. The textures are high-quality, and yes, there are several new Asian morphs (among many others). The extra morphs are especially welcome for SP, who doesn't have as many as V3.

The textures are realistic, not glamorous. Though there are makeup textures included, they're more girl next door than supermodel. The Asian texture has prominent freckles, which I find a bit odd. Not that Asians don't have freckles, but having that many is not all that common.

The ethnic morphs look good in their default state, but don't blend well with other morphs. (The expression morphs and such.) Not really a defect, just a hazard of Poser. When you morph a head that much, you really need to re-do all the morphs, too.

Dave-So ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 9:45 AM

file_274100.jpg

here's one I got way back when this package was firts introduced. It's an awesome resource, imo... This is Stephanie Petite, believe it or not... you can note the freckles as well :)

Humankind has not woven the web of life. We are but one thread within it.
Whatever we do to the web, we do to ourselves. All things are bound together.
All things connect......Chief Seattle, 1854

blonderella ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 11:08 AM

thankyou all for your feedback...I can certainly make a purchase decision with a good feeling now...and those images are awesome! thanks again...Karen :D

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.