Sat, Aug 3, 9:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Aug 03 7:14 am)

Subject: Question about one of my 3D fetishes...

Casette ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 1:37 PM · edited Thu, 25 July 2024 at 4:49 PM

Hi folks. Some years ago I watched a movie, "Final Fantasy", when I fell in love at the very first time with a CGI character (sorry, Lara Croft, too many toon for me) My question is: exists any download, freebie, fake, product or anything (poserizable) of Aki Ross? ...sometimes I thought in create a character based on her, but... no time

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

PabloS ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 3:30 PM

bookmark (same fetish) :-)

jade_nyc ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 4:21 PM

Having watched the movie recently, I was struck by how much Aki resembled the characters you can get out of Stephanie 1. Just a thought....

onimusha ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 4:32 PM

Attached Link: http://virtualmermaids.free.fr/FFdir/FFM-Aki_Ross_Swimsuit.jpg

Yeah, you could easily do an Aki Ross with V3 and some Koz hair. Here's a picture of here in a bikini that showed up in Maxim magazine that's been floating around the web.

Acadia ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 6:16 PM · edited Sat, 23 July 2005 at 6:21 PM

Attached Link: http://www.angelfire.com/movies/akiross/images/akiross.jpg

I was blown away by the realism of those figures, including the animation of them, in that movie.

I don't care for animated/cartoon movies with voice overs. I perfer real live actors acting and speaking their own parts, in the movies I watch. However, I was so fascinated by the quality of the figures in this one, that I watched it. I can't tell you what the movie was about though, I was concentrating so much on the figures themselves, LOL http://www.angelfire.com/movies/akiross/images/akileather.jpg

Message edited on: 07/23/2005 18:21

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Marque ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 8:01 PM

Same here Acadia, usually can't even remember the name although I bought the dvd....lol Love that movie. Marque

kusanagi73 ( ) posted Sat, 23 July 2005 at 11:40 PM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_274218.jpg

Hello Casette, I am uploading a picture I found at a Maya site some time ago. Perhaps it will send you into a paroxysm of yearning, but I hope not as I do not wish to see you out of sorts. Presumably from what was said at the site this is the model used in the film.

Gongyla ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 12:47 AM

When I look at the shoulder joints, I see this is no Poser work. It cannot be done in Poser. But with tweaking points in a 3D app and saving as a fbm it should be possible to get a rather close liking. SP could come closest. Or, indeed: Stephanie, he lesser know cousin. I would love to see a mesh of this character. And to see the movie.

ynsaen ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 1:23 AM

"It cannot be done in Poser." Yes it can. You just have to not rely on the default rigging currently in wide use, which isn't even beginning to tap into the capability of the rigging system available. Aki is still one of the most incredible animated characters ever.

thou and I, my friend, can, in the most flunkey world, make, each of us, one non-flunkey, one hero, if we like: that will be two heroes to begin with. (Carlyle)

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 3:05 AM

drolling Thanks, kusanagi, as aki Ross fan I had this pic, but its nice to see her again I believe is possible to do her in Poser, over all with a realistic skin shader (thinking on face_off products)

CASETTE
=======

Kalypso ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 3:18 AM
Site Admin

SP3 or even Aiko3 might be good to start with. Don't forget Aiko can also be made to look very realistic and Kioki (Capsces' morphed Aiko) may provide even more morphs.

elizabyte ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 3:20 AM

I see this is no Poser work. It's almost certainly Maya. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

Letterworks ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 4:28 AM

ynsaen, I glanced thru a tutorial on character rigging by one of the big "houses" and it showed them using 6 bones for the shoulder movement and nearly as many for the elbow and knees. It was amazing how real the joints moved! I wondered at the time if a Poser "rig" could be made to work like that... Now I HAVE to go back and try to find that article again. mike

Arendar ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 5:32 AM

Hmm...seems Aki at post #7 suffers from the dreaded "glowing nostrils" as well! LOL! Loved the Final Fantasy movie too; does any one have a nude of "Ryan Whitaker"? (Ducks quickly) ;-p

Casette ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 6:28 AM

heh

CASETTE
=======

EdW ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 10:33 AM

For what's it's worth. The movie is on right now on the Sci-Fic channel.

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 12:02 PM

You should check that 2 links :) http://forums.cgsociety.org/showthread.php?threadid=259626 http://www.ballisticpublishing.com/books/dartiste_character_modeling/ If you have the "right Software" you can remodel her ;) (kidding) Greets Chris

"It Is Useless To Resist!" - Darth Vader

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 12:14 PM

Attached Link: Steven Giesler

You should check this link too ;) http://www.stevengiesler.com/index_old.html Greets Chris

onimusha ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 1:48 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cortinadigital.com/

While you're at it, here's the person that did the meshes... It seems Giesler did the textures...

Chris ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 1:57 PM · edited Sun, 24 July 2005 at 1:59 PM

I know Francisco Cortina did the Mesh but Casette was looking for nice images ;)

Greets

Chris EDIT: Cortina is talking about that character in that book (link above)

Message edited on: 07/24/2005 13:59

duanemoody ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 6:20 PM

The nude... The bikini picture was commissioned for Maxim. The CGI team did the nude as a proof of concept, and eventually as it circulated people started a rumor that it was a cut and paste job. It's genuine.

Casette ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 5:09 AM

drolling with all the links Well, about the "Maxim nude pic", obviously you need to design a NUDE model for a BIKINI DRESSED model ;) The Ballistic book looks superb... First League... I have the sensation of playing in the local team of a lost league ... :O

CASETTE
=======

kusanagi73 ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 9:44 PM

file_274220.jpg

Well Casette, I really have no idea where to find a poser Aki, but I do have a bit of visual trivia for you. What film did Aki appear in after Final Fantasy? Here is a clue.

Casette ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 10:40 PM

Gosh. No idea. Any episode of ANIMATRIX?

CASETTE
=======

kusanagi73 ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 11:36 PM

Oh, you're correct. Actually she was not in the Animatrix film itself. The makers of FF wanted to show the creators of the Matrix that they could do a fairly nice job of creating a CGI film for the Animatrix project. To do so they dressed Aki in leather, trimmed her hair short and animated her battling one of the robot things from the movies. After submitting the film with Aki, they secured the assignment. Ill see if I can obtain a few more pictures if you like.

Casette ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 1:35 AM

Yes, I like!

CASETTE
=======

Arien ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 7:09 PM

Actually she was not in the Animatrix film itself. Actually, I could swear she's a minor character in "The Last Flight...", one of the pilots if I remember correctly. Only she has long braided red hair instead of black hair.

My store

Casette ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 2:13 AM

Oh, damn... I need to watch it again! :D

CASETTE
=======

kusanagi73 ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 7:25 PM

Casette, if you have the Animatrix DVD, then you should be able to find the scene I've described. Its somewhere in the extras.

onimusha ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 7:45 PM

I've owned the DVD since it came out and never saw that before... holy cow was it awesome... I'm a complete 3D animation addict. I find it mesmerizing and can watch it for hours. Something about 3D's clean crisp simplicity...

Casette ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2005 at 3:30 AM

Attached Link: http://www.this-wonderful-life.com

Onimusha, I love 3D animation too. I suppose you know "This wonderful life" ... another short masterpiece :)

CASETTE
=======

onimusha ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2005 at 9:49 AM

I couldn't get the movie to load, the screenshots look awesome. Thanks for the link...

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.