Thu, Sep 19, 10:28 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Model Release and Authorization to Photograph

zhounder ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 1:18 PM · edited Sat, 14 September 2024 at 10:13 AM

I am 98% sure that this meets most legal standards. I got it from a photography lawyers site about a year or so ago. I believe either Donald or Michelle posted the link if I remember correctly. Anyway I always like to get others opinions. I managed to reformat this to fit on a 5x7 card (perfect size for a camera bag). Anyway, Opinions please?

I have this available as a formatted word document. If anyone wants a copy just E-mail me. It was a b**ch to format.

Magick Michael

Model Release and Authorization to Photograph

Photographer: Michael J. ****** (Magick Michael Photography)
** ******* Lane
***** PA *****

Date:
Shoot Location:

FOR VALUABLE CONSIDERATION, receipt of which is hereby acknowledged, I hereby grant the undersigned photographer ("Photographer") the irrevocable right and permission, throughout the world, in connection with the photographs he has taken of me, or in which I may be included with others, the following: (a) the right to use and reuse, in any manner at all, said photographs, in whole or in part, modified or altered, either by themselves or in conjunction with other photographs, in any medium or form of distribution, and for any purposes whatsoever, including, without limitation, all promotional and advertising uses, and other trade purposes, as well as using my name in connection therewith, if he so desires; and (b) the right to copyright said photographs in his own name or in any other name that he may select. I waive the right to inspect or approve any use thereof.
I hereby forever release and discharge Photographer from any and all claims, actions and demands arising out of or in connection with the use of said photographs, including, without limitation, any and all claims for invasion of privacy and libel. This release shall inure to the benefit of the assigns, licensees and legal representatives of Photographer, as well as the party(ies) for whom he took said photographs.

I represent that I am over the age of eighteen years and that I have read the foregoing and fully and completely understand the contents hereof. Or I represent that the model is a minor and that I am the parent or duly authorized representative of the model and that I have read the foregoing and fully and completely understand the contents hereof.

Signature of Model
or Parent/Guardian:

Model Name:

Address:

City:

State: Phone:

E-mail:

cynlee ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 1:34 PM · edited Sun, 24 July 2005 at 1:37 PM

looks like you got it fully covered Michael!!! :]

can we post it as a link or copy & paste it to the Resource Center?

thank you for sharing this!! oh & if you would please email the word doc to me cynlee@renderosity.com appreciate it :]

Message edited on: 07/24/2005 13:37

zhounder ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 1:49 PM

CORRECTION!! Change "undersigned" to "above" oops.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 2:57 PM

file_275661.jpg

As long as there is a helpful mood here, I have one I use in Word format (above) if interested.

vkirchner ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 3:43 PM

I am just starting to take photo's to be used as building textures. I am intersted in obtaining a copy of a proper release to be used. I have enough things to try and remember, so it would be nice to scratch this off of the list.

Regards
Vince

DHolman ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 12:39 AM

Michael - A change I would make to your release is the line "I represent that I am over the age of eighteen years..." For safety sake, depending on where you are and where the person is from, I'd change it to "I represent that I am over the age of majority, that I have the right to contract in my own name ... " That takes care of the person not being a minor wherever you are in the world and also that they are not under contract to someone else. -=>Donald

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 11:19 PM

Donald or anyone else... i have a question... "A signed model release with Photo-ID must be provided upon request if posting images with photographic nudes."-from the TOS when you shoot young looking nude models do you automatically whip out your xerox machine & get a copy of their photo ID too besides sign a release?

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 7:15 AM

"A signed model release with Photo-ID must be provided upon request if posting images with photographic nudes." I suppose this would be an example of R'City going beyond the requirements that have withstood the legal test for many many years. In all the examples I've seen and what I've read on releases, I don't recall reading that making a copy of a photo ID is a suggestion (much less, a requirement). I read that (quote) a while back when I posted some shots of my wife and shrugged it off remarking (to myself) that I'd just remove the image if required to go through the hassle of providing more "paperwork" to R'City than professional photographers deal with day-to-day. So, in effect, I suspect (LOL @ rhyme) 95% (plus) of the artistic nudes would be deleted in here if R'City ever crack down as photographers rarely obtain and make copies of photo IDs. Additionally, there may be some legal differences between the need for even a model release when the model is not recognizable...i.e., proving the silhouette of a butt or breast is absolutely identifiable (and therefore "belongs" to 'fill-in-the-blank'). But, I'd have to research that detail before I espoused there was a legal difference.

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 1:22 PM

@ cynlee... Say what? (smile)

MGD ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 6:11 PM

@zhounder please eMail me a copy of your Model Release form @ChuckEvans please eMail me a copy of your Model Release form Please eMail to: vincenzo1 (at) optonline (dot) net Thanks to both MGD

ChuckEvans ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 8:19 PM

Done.

MGD ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 10:20 PM

Thanks to both Chuck and zhounder. MGD

vkirchner ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 7:33 AM

Please email to vkirchner at kirchnerfamily44883@yahoo.com

cynlee ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 12:08 PM

Attached Link: http://www.pdnedu.com/pdnedu/resources/article_display.jsp?vnu_content_id=1000694456

here's a good article Joe had found on the need for a model release & another reason to get a copy of their ID... besides proving the age of a very young looking model but to also prove it's their signature

tibet2004uk ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:37 PM

I'd love a copy of these 2 plz! Thx guys! :D tibet2003uk@yahoo.co.uk

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.