Fri, Oct 25, 7:20 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Photography

Welcome to the Photography Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, Deenamic Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Photography F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 18 12:22 pm)

Subject: Kookaburra

Nameless_Wildness ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 5:47 PM · edited Fri, 25 October 2024 at 5:27 AM

file_275699.jpg

Living in UK...the Kookaburra is not a native species! However, kinda got lucky here!...on this shot! Its cropped due to the fact it was about to land on its masters hand! so I felt it detracted to its main purpose...a Kookaburra in flight!...totally in awe on this one as I have never seen this bird fly yet alone capture one flying!!! hope you enjoy this as much as I had fun shooting it!!! jimbO

zahnfee ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 6:38 PM

Another MARVELLOUS shot!!! Looks fabulous, a really breath-taking series of images, I enjoy very much! Thx for sharing! Never have seen photographies like this...

tizjezzme ( ) posted Sun, 24 July 2005 at 8:47 PM

Wow .. this is fantastic !!!! Although, now I have that song in my head!!! (Kookaburra sits in the old gum tree, lalalalahh.. dont know the words) ... I never knew what they LOOKED like !! This is a real treat. Glad I stopped in here tonight ... I would have missed it

"The only thing coming straight out of MY camera is the cable!"
P. Vermeulen

patmartj ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 12:11 AM

Amazing, never seen one before, what a capture!

GiMi53 ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 2:57 AM

Never seen before... Interesting picture, for sure at the level of the whole series... Excellent job, Jim (not only due to the fabulous 500 mm lens...) :~)

"In Life, as in Photography, things look much brighter, once you remove the lens cap"

TomDart ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 7:05 AM

Wow, with the distictive song of this bird I can almost hear it when it lands and proudly speaks. This is a wonderful and superbly done picture. Thanks very much.

Damia ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 10:41 AM

Wow!!! This is incredible! You are really amazing at this whole bird thing. :) I live in the US so none of these here, but I've seen and heard them on TV. I feel like it's flying right in front of me! GREAT capture! :)

~Damia~ LeviathanPhotography

rayburg ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 10:50 AM

Jim..awesome..you and that canon lens are bound for greatness. you apparently know your birds..i can hardly tell eagles, hawks, and falcons apart.

cynlee ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 1:03 PM

never seen one either... said it before & i'll say it again... catching these birds in midflight with such detail is quite an amazing feat & very enjoyable to view! thanks jimbo!! :]

TwoPynts ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 1:16 PM

Fantastic. Amazing detail for something obviously moving quite fast. ;]

Kort Kramer - Kramer Kreations

Nameless_Wildness ( ) posted Mon, 25 July 2005 at 6:17 PM

Thanks guys!..many thanks! Just find this type of photography exciting and Cindy's right!!! jim

pstekky ( ) posted Tue, 26 July 2005 at 12:47 PM

I don't say much in here any more, mainly just read and learn, but this... I just had to say I am so jealous of this photo. The clarity is incredible! I have been trying for this kind of shot for a long time without success yet. Be proud, it's wonderful! Rich

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.