Mon, Oct 7, 6:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 06 11:30 am)

Subject: I fixed EROKO's Cr2. Works fine in Poser now.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 7:08 AM · edited Tue, 23 July 2024 at 1:23 AM

Well I fixed the Eroko's Cr2 so it doesn't crash Poser. Wasn't as hard as I thought it would be. I hope. LOL. So, who wants to try it out. Can I even give the fixed Cr2 out to everyone who wants it? I don't know what the read me says about that. The file is about 1mb. So any clues as to go about this, would help. I don't have a site to load it up to. I'm going to bed for awhile, can't believe how fast the night disapeared working on this.

Casette ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 7:21 AM
Online Now!

Me! :)

CASETTE
=======
"Poser isn't a SOFTWARE... it's a RELIGION!"

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 7:32 AM

It would be better if you just write a tutorial how to fix the file unless you can e-mail the maker of the file and ask them permission to redistribute it. I want a copy of this, too.

AntoniaTiger ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 7:42 AM

Yep, it would be useful to know what needed fixing, even if we don't want to use the figure.

Kalypso ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 8:39 AM
Site Admin

It probably has to do with the Japanese characters in the .cr2. Here's an example: groupNode Transform { parmNode y parmNode z parmNode x parmNode g parmNode xg parmNode yg parmNode zg parmNode xÚ“ parmNode yÚ“ parmNode zÚ“ Of course I wouldn't know how to go about fixing it manually but I had assumed resaving the .cr2 in the English language Poser will work. Wrong! I tried resaving the .cr2 but if I try to bring it in again it crashes Poser instantly so yeah, beryld, would be probably be easier if you just outlined what you did exactly.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 11:21 AM

It works fine for me in P5 and P6.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

TrekkieGrrrl ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 11:35 AM

Yeah. If EROKO is the same as EROKO the Maschochist, it works just fine for me as well. In Poser 6. Sure, the face dials have funny names, but they still work...

FREEBIES! | My Gallery | My Store | My FB | Tumblr |
You just can't put the words "Poserites" and "happy" in the same sentence - didn't you know that? LaurieA
  Using Poser since 2002. Currently at Version 11.1 - Win 10.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 12:22 PM

So who or what is eroko? Link?

Way too many people take way too many things way too seriously.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:14 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=2350099

Here is a link to the renderosity thread about it, the download link is in message 4.

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:36 PM

VERY cool! Not sure how I missed this one...

Gareee ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:38 PM

Oh, did anyone notice on the link's 4th download page is a poser dirty old man like character, who even comes with a suit?

bagoas ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:47 PM

I'm curious what you did to fix it. I've been working on the it myself for an hour or two, replacing the all Japanese names with standardized ones, but that did not really help. My Poser5 display still hangs when I delete her from the scene. Kindly send me a copy of the fixed file. B.

xantor ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 2:48 PM

The dirty old man is mentioned later on in the other renderosity thread (by me ).

YngPhoenix ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 3:37 PM

I tried it but noticed that the face was detached from the rest of the head. The face also had a wierd shiny mask like texture that I couldn't remove or alter in any way. Other than that I was able to use it without any crashes in Poser 5.

Nance ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 5:09 PM

Can Save OK, but cannot "Replace" figure in P4. The CR2 is saving to the library and reloading with no problems, but I thought I'd try replacing his figure with a V2 while retaining the face prop to see what happened, and although Poser acted as though it was performing the replacement, I kept ending up with no figure when it was done. Anyone else tried that?

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 5:54 PM

OK, I'll write a quick tutorial so everyone can have it and learn a bit about Cr2's at the same time. Not that I know a lot. It was a bunch of reasoning guesswork. LOL. For those that have not had a crash. Did you try deleting the figure then try loading a figure back in? Kalypso, saving in english won't work, first thing I tried, but you are on the right track. Should I post the tutorial here or start a new thread.

layingback ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 6:48 PM

Should I post the tutorial here or start a new thread. Either, we'll adapt ;-) We're just pleased that someone has figured this out, and is prepared to put in the effort to share their results. Thanks!

Carcinogen ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 7:26 PM

bookmarked

kobaltkween ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 8:01 PM

but why can't the cr2 be redistributed? you won't be able to use it unless you have the download (and obj) already. i know vicky 2 couldn't have her cr2 redistributed because her only difference from vicky 1 was morphs. but i have tons of posette cr2s. what's wrong with redistributing this for eroko? that said, i think you should post the tutorial here.

Tashar59 ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 8:03 PM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12356&Form.ShowMessage=2356290

First Page of tutorial is up. Give you something to do while I eat and finish the next page.

xantor ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2005 at 10:33 AM

Thank you beryld Cobaltdream the cr2 shouldnt be redistributed unless you get permission from the maker of the figure to do it. The posette cr2 probably shouldnt be redistributed either but I know that a lot of people do that, I have downloaded quite a few copies of that, too.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.