Tue, Oct 22, 11:26 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 10:35 am)

Subject: Custom V3 and Conforming Problem, any ideas????

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 10:15 PM ยท edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 11:25 AM

Content Advisory! This message contains nudity

file_276446.jpg

The problem i am having is that the V3 figure i have created has legs that are scaled along the y axis to 105% thus making longer legs (as in the first image, normal length v3 on the right), and when i and shoes and conform them to my Custom V3 (the one on the left) the shoes are placed in the position of the original V3's feet (as in the image in Post 2). Is there an easy way to correct this so that shoe conforms and acts correctly? as i don't really want to start editing Cr2 files every time i want to add shoes. Easier is better. Ohh i can add poses with no problems by turning of the IK adding the pose and turning it back on again, so no probs there.

Getting old and still making "art" without soiling myself, now that's success.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 10:18 PM

file_276447.jpg

second image with the shoe conforming wrongly... Shoe is Young soul: Vanilla by AsShanim.

bjbrown ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 10:22 PM

Sometimes, if the shoes have body parts like shin and thigh, if you go and scale those individually, the shoes will snap into place.

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 10:26 PM

Have you tried conforming the shoes before scaling the legs?

I must remember to remember what it was I had to remember.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 10:35 PM

Thanx Guys i tried both methods, Scaling after conforming causes the same problems, and there is no Shin or Thigh on the shoe, altering the Foor scale causes undisirable effects.....so there is no joy so far....

nickedshield ( ) posted Wed, 27 July 2005 at 11:32 PM

Here's something else you can try... use the joint editor to re-adjust the shoe. Go ahead and conform the shoe, then open the joint editor and move the center down by using the y trans dial. Watch the reaction of the shoe. It should try to fit. It may require a bit more tweaking depending on what all you've done to the figure. When it looks like it fits, re-conform and check. If it looks good do the other one.

shedofjoy ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 10:40 AM

Right, some shoes work by scaling the Y on the shins and thighs but not with the Young Soul: Vanilla (after i altered the Hidden tag in the cr2). for some reson the shoes then bend incorrectly, so far i have not found a fix. I have also created morphs of the longer legs instead of scaling but this does not help either. Moving the center in the joint editor does not work either, and produces horrible effects when bending... Looks like this one can't be solved without a completely new cr2 and joint zones.... and im not doing that too all the clothing i have........ Thanx everyone and avoid making V3's legs longer... unless she's naked...lol

kenyarb ( ) posted Thu, 28 July 2005 at 4:41 PM

I had someone (Nerd3d?) suggest importing the shoe obj as a prop, and parenting it to the toes I believe.

nickedshield ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2005 at 8:22 PM

Attached Link: http://renderosity.com/messages.ez?Form.ShowMessage=1403351

I just found out how to make a scale pose that cures the problem... pose save python script... here

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.