Sun, Sep 22, 2:38 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 22 2:04 am)

Subject: How to get rid of James

jackhalsey ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2005 at 9:05 PM ยท edited Sun, 22 September 2024 at 2:35 AM

Hello I am a beginner and I want to import a free standing figure and every time I open Poser I get James casual from the neck down to the knees..I dont want him at all..how do I get it to open blank so I can import my figure? Thank you It opens in pose main camera.

tedbragg ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2005 at 9:15 PM

I found a way to do this in Poser 4. The file to edit is called "default.figure". Inside it looks like this: { version { number 3.0 } //-------------------------------------------------------- // These are commented out lines. You can switch these and/or modify // the name to change the default figure //-------------------------------------------------------- // readScript GetStringRes(1032,24) // readScript ":Runtime:libraries:character:People:Casual Man.cr2" // readScript ":Runtime:libraries:character:Poser 4 Lo:Casual Man P4 Lo.cr2" //readScript ":Runtime:libraries:character:Poser 2 Lo:Casual Man P2 Lo.cr2" In your file, it'll have refs to James. Just put two forward slashes in front of the line that calls for him.

jackhalsey ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2005 at 9:27 PM

THAT DID IT. Thank you very much.

randym77 ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2005 at 9:29 PM

You can just set everything up the way you want, then click "set preferred state" (under General Preferences). Make sure "launch to preferred state" is checked.

I always delete the figure, and change the focal lengths of the face and main cameras. (The default is way too short.)

cripeman ( ) posted Fri, 29 July 2005 at 9:31 PM

Wow Ted that's pretty cool to know...but, Poser has a setting in Preferences called Set default state. Set the Camera the way you want, l it the lights how you want and which figure (if any) you want as default. when you have everything the way you want Select default stae. BTW You can set all your cameras (back, left, right etc.) to the way you like for when you start morphing, and joint setups.

novelist999 ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 4:26 PM

Poor James. Every one is always trying to get rid of him. He gets no respect at all. :-)

Acadia ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 5:07 PM

I open Poser without a figure in the window. This way I don't have to delete anything. All I did was open Poser, delete the figure and then set the preferences to prefered state. Now when I open Poser all I have to do is load the figure I want to work on. I do wish that the figures loaded MINUS the IK being on though. Kind of a pain to load and then have to go and turn off IK each time.

"It is good to see ourselves as others see us. Try as we may, we are never
able to know ourselves fully as we are, especially the evil side of us.
This we can do only if we are not angry with our critics but will take in good
heart whatever they might have to say." - Ghandi

Jim Burton ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 3:32 PM

I also start with no figure. Poser load faster, too. You have to also remember, even in Poser 6, if you open with ANY figure, and then delete it, you have just assigned the Figure 1 slot. If you then use figures or conforming clothing with ERC (JCM and whatnot) you might have problems. Of course none of the native Poser figures have ERC, but Glamorous Jessi does, as do most all of the newer DAZ figures. Incidently, I noticed IK is off in stock Jessi, and I assume James. Plus she is called "Jessi", what a change! I've been setting all my figures up that way for years... ;-)

diolma ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 4:20 PM

Oh! I got it wrong! I thought this meant a call on the services of Robert Ford:-)) Cheers, Diolma. PS - yes, the best way to set up your initial configuration is to start Poser, delete everyone, set up your lights annd cams as you think they would work for your general purposes, then go and set up that in general preferences (as described above). Poser loads somewhat faster if it doesn't have to hunt for figures and textures... (also it saves memory 'cos Poser doesn't delete any unused textures from memory until the next restart..) :-))

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.