Tue, Oct 22, 12:41 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 22 12:41 am)

Subject: How many of you folks use your purchases for commercial stuff ?

KymJ ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 10:01 PM · edited Tue, 22 October 2024 at 12:35 AM

As a merchant, I'm just curious as to how many of you use your purchased products for commercial stuff ?

Personally I love to know and see what people do with what they purchase commercial or otherwise but I'm particularly curious about the commercial side of it. Message edited on: 07/31/2005 22:02

STORE:
http://market.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=KymJ
GALLERY:
www.renderosity.com/gallery.ez?ByArtist=Yes&Artist=KymJ

Ghostofmacbeth ( ) posted Sun, 31 July 2005 at 10:38 PM

I use stuff I bought all the time for commercial stuff. Though, when I am done you probably wouldn't recognize much.

lalverson ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 12:05 AM

Pretty much all the time. and I only download the freebies that are allowed commercial use. Purchased items tend to be used more depending on what I'm doing Now it also depends on your definition of commercial use. If you are meaning items that appear in images that make money? Or using items for or as a standin gfor somthingelse. I recall seeing a site that they recreated in poser shootings and traffic accidents. I have also seen poer turn up on the dicovery, and history chanle. But in those cases they use pretty much just the standard stuff that goes with poser. There is a site i know of that there is a pay gallery That being you need a subscription to view them. Tend to make heavy use of pruchased content. Mostly to ensure they don't run afoul of copyright issues. But really it comes down to what the item is. if the best looking item is a free one then it goes in, if a purchased item looks better then it goes in. I would bet that people that do hair for poser and take them to market all collectivley gringe when Kozuburo releases another free hair prop or figure. So the short answer for mme would be yes, I use items that I have the rights to use in commercial art I do.

CemAygun ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 1:28 AM · edited Mon, 01 August 2005 at 1:30 AM

I aslo always use purchased content commercially. This is why I buy a lot...I buy mainly characters and clothes.

I spend around $200-$300 a month for Poser purchases and it is generally worth the money. My best buy was definately Wardrobe Wizard. It is a blessing.

But sometimes I ran out of options and that is really annoying. This was the situation with clothes till WW came around (I had also bought Clothes Converter but never succeeded in converting anything proerly with it)

I have been trying to buy Dance Studio for weeks with no luck (please, no e-bay suggestions) Knowing that it is out there, and I am loosing money because I can't buy it is really driving me mad...

I am just praying that one day someone like PhilC will come out with a python version of DS...

Message edited on: 08/01/2005 01:30

aeilkema ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 3:31 AM

I only buy content for commercial use, although I may use it for fun too nce in a while. All of the freebies I do download must allow commercial use to. All of the stuff I do buy/download is being used in comics. My comics aren't anime or such, more closer to real life people. All of the content I do buy needs to be decent, since I'm working for a broad audience and my clients wouldn't buy anything undecent either. For my clothes I rely a lot on Poserworld, they do create a lot of good stuff. My buying here (and in various other places) mainly consist of add-ons for MicroCosm, objects (tools, vehicles and such) and partial/complete scenes (like interiors, buildings and such). I never buy add-on textures for clothes and such and never buy body textures either. But what I do buy most is hair, especially hair that can fit to a good range of hair easily, like egypt hair. I do also buy add-ons for hair to get more styles or to fit it to more figures, like egypt hair steps. Unfortunally there's a great lack of decent clothing in the poser world, as well as normal shoes.

Artwork and 3DToons items, create the perfect place for you toon and other figures!

http://www.renderosity.com/mod/bcs/index.php?vendor=23722

Due to the childish TOS changes, I'm not allowed to link to my other products outside of Rendo anymore :(

Food for thought.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYZw0dfLmLk

Arvanor ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 3:58 AM

I started to use to do images for rpg-books.Mostly i use the bought stuff for myself.

If by my life or death I can protect you, I will!

KymJ ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 6:35 AM

Thanks guys, that's interesting and lalverson, yes, that's what I meant by commercial use. When I was living in Australia, I used a couple of my own creations for a couple of magazine ads but I don't buy magazines here (the US) so if they were used that way I'd never see them anyway. I was just curious, so thanks for your input.

STORE:
GALLERY:

lululee ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 8:55 AM

I use my Poser purchases for commercial use. Primarily video, interactive cd and web stuff. I work with a group of First Nations artists and elders with the focus of preserving the First Nations culture. My work flow starts with location filming and an edit. Next I create effects to explain and illustrate the teachings. From video I break it down into interactive web and Cd Rom using Swish and Flash to develop it. The youth today are totally into technology, so it has to be fun and move fast almost like a video game to keep their attention. I use Poser, Vue and Max for all of the stages. cheerio lululee

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 9:21 AM

I do. I do illustrations and book covers, and that's certainly commercial. And like others have noted, I avoid freebies that don't allow commercial use, just in case I mess up and use the "wrong thing" in a way I shouldn't have. bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

KymJ ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 9:29 AM

I've done quite a few e-book covers too but stopped doing it because the publisher just wanted everything for nothing and I needed to eat LOL...but I did enjoy it.

STORE:
GALLERY:

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 9:40 AM

the publisher just wanted everything for nothing Wow, that sucks. The publisher I work with is great. I absolutely love this gig. ;-) bonni

"When a man gives his opinion, he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion, she's a bitch." - Bette Davis

KymJ ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 9:43 AM

That's great but in a way it pushed me into doing other things and I'm up to my neck in texturing now and I love doing that so it was another "string to the bow" :)

STORE:
GALLERY:

elizabyte ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 9:47 AM

LOL! I went from texturing to this, which is really the direction I wanted to go, anyway. Isn't it funny how life does that to ya? :-D bonni

KymJ ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 9:52 AM
KateTheShrew ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 8:16 PM

Almost everything I do these days is for commercial use. Currently I'm working on a series of images for an adult website and a calendar related to said website. Sooo... anything I use HAS to be available for commercial use. Can't use it otherwise in any of my renders. Kate

radstorm ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 4:07 AM

I sort of use my Poser in a semi-commercial way. Been working on a full length movie for over a year now. Animations of course being the main time consumer. There's not too much animation support around (as we all know) for Poser..sooo got to do that myself. I have bought a few .bvh files around, but most were either too costly for what little they do, or just a total disappointment for realism. Authentic medieval era clothing is hard to find too. I have bought some pretty good props here though, such as village stuff. Anyhow, if it goes over well who knows,,maybe the sequel will generate some $$$ :-)

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.