Fri, Sep 20, 8:37 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 20 6:55 am)

Subject: Need help with hair... (graphic)

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 9:26 AM · edited Fri, 20 September 2024 at 8:34 AM

file_149817.jpg

I'm looking to create this character, but am having difficulties coming up with a suitable hair. Does anyone know of any hair (free or for sale) that is close to this? Thanks as always!

jnmoore ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 9:59 AM

Have you tried Allie's conforming curls hair? You'd need to build a transparency map to shorten it, but it has that layered, curly style that your picture shows.

WarriorDL ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 10:43 AM

Oh man! I love these paintings! Back in my RPG days a few years ago, I photo-maniped a whole bunch of them with my fav ...errrrr... "actress' " head on them :oD

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 11:05 AM

Attached Link: http://www.daz3d.com

The Victoria Gel cut comes close to that. Daz has a P4 conversion HR2 for it as well.

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 11:25 AM

Um... HUH?! Where is the conversion?!!! I do it manually! (UGH!) I have the gel... which doesn't quite look right... maybe a combination of trans conforming curls and the gel might work! Thanks for the help all!

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 11:38 AM

Attached Link: http://store.zygote.com/poserfree/

The conversions are here: http://store.zygote.com/poserfree/

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 11:50 AM

JeffH... you be da man! Thanks! I just went up and grabbed them... along with conversions for some of the other hair (ie Wedgecut) I had! Thanks a ton!

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 12:10 PM

Heck with the hair I want the armour!! lol Marque

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 12:17 PM

The chain mail top is done. I'm working on the belt. I'm using the Dreamspinner pants for the bottom. Still working on the rest.

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 1:00 PM

The hair is the worst part of that picture! What's a late '80's New Jersey Diner waitress doing with that lizard guy? If you're gonna re-do that pic, atleast do it with some some better hair! J/K (as in Just-Kidding) -JK (as in my initials)

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 1:54 PM

Actually, that's probably very similiar to the way a real warrior woman would wear it. Shorter, so as not to get in her eyes and to be able to fit inside a helmet, and off style becuase she went to sword fighting school, not cosmotology school.

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 2:04 PM

Either very short and uneven because it was usually chopped off with a knife to get it out of the way, or braided tight for the same reason. Marque

JeffH ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 2:09 PM

I think "warrior women" would wear their hair in a ponytail tied with a bit of leather ;-)

JKeller ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 2:16 PM

If she's that concerned with things like not letting her hair get in the way, then why is she wearing chest armor with a big gaping whole in the middle of it?

ookami ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 2:37 PM

ACtually... considering that hole isn't going to detract too much from sword (or axe) blows because they are slashing weapons, meaning you swing them at your opponent. This means that the blow will be coming at an angle and would only rarely threaten the middle. Piercing weapons... ie. arrows, spears and the later lightswords like rapiers would seriously be a problem. They were light and maneuverable enough to be able to strike at the unexposed area. Blunt weapons, such as maces, flails and warhammers would be the MOST effective since the force of the blow hammered right chain mail type armor. It was VERY uneffective against any type of weapon that relied on raw force rather than a cutting or piercing edge. Amazing what you learn in the SCA huh?

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 2:48 PM

Hummmm, maybe her armour looks like that because guys buy more books when the armour is like that? lol I know when I play some of the RPG's I am frustrated with the lack of decent "protective" armour for my female characters. Even UT has sucky armour for the lighter females...lol But that's ok, I gits me killin in anyway! Marque

nfredman ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 2:49 PM

Heh. She has a gaping hole in her armor & blonde bedroom hair because she was art-directed that way. Trust me. Sold you the book, didn't it? :^) Nan who's been art-directed to death a time or two, herself

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 3:09 PM

Being a female the cleavage didn't get me it was the belt. But I'm sure a few females have picked it up....lol Marque

Marque ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 3:09 PM

Although I must say some of the warrior males on these covers....whoah! lol Marque

barry ( ) posted Wed, 21 February 2001 at 11:38 PM

Hwo could aim a descent blow distracted by that cleavage anyway, one book I read said that female ninjas would sometimes wear almost nothing at all, it gives them that 20 second advantage they would need against better trained and stronger opponents, you know "heeeeyyy good lo......"dead guard!

zipper0000 ( ) posted Thu, 22 February 2001 at 6:54 AM

you guys are funny

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.