Sun, Sep 22, 12:40 AM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 21 10:34 pm)

Subject: Poser 6 Mac demo already expired? Wha?

tedbragg ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 12:32 PM · edited Tue, 13 August 2024 at 12:26 AM

I even called tech support, and this thing still won't work. I d/l it, install and it says "Your time has expired!" Steps tech gave me to try: 1. Delete demo/uninstall 2. reboot into safe mode (extensions off) 3. reinstall Did that, still says its expired. How am i supposed to demo this thing when the dang demo won't even let me into the program? Date and time are fine (first thing I checked) -- tech said they didn't know what is causing this bug. Anybody figured out a work-around yet? Is P6 OSX faster at posing than P4? This is my main sticking point. Daz Studio poses like no tomorrow (until it crashes) fluidly. I'm sick and tired of waiting for an arm to finish moving into place when I drag it. Or a camera herkin' and jerkin' -- in BOX MODE!

mateo_sancarlos ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 1:14 PM

My plan is to avoid P6 until SR3 or SR4, although that may be delayed due to the torrential rains in Mumbai last month. However, see if there's a plist file associated with P6 or its install, and delete that. You may have to log in as an admin to find it.

tedbragg ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 1:39 PM

If its OpenGL preview technology is as good as Daz Studio's, I'm getting P6. The main thing for me is SPEED in posing. I don't care if it takes all night to render a picture. I can sleep while it works... Any known issues with using ATi 9200 Mac video cards with P6?

zulu9812 ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 2:46 PM

P6's OpenGL preview is not as good as Daz Studio, which was quite a shock to me.

SamTherapy ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 6:39 PM

"My plan is to avoid P6 until SR3 or SR4" Well, I bought it just after SR1 and I don't regret it. As far as I can tell it's a lot more stable and reliable at this stage than P5 was at a comparable time. I've used P5 since SR3 but P6 does not seem to be in any way less functional or reliable. A little slow on some things but that seems to be due to the extra features available. Comparing a like for like render in P5 and P6 seems to be the same time.

Coppula eam se non posit acceptera jocularum.

My Store

My Gallery

R_Hatch ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 12:53 AM · edited Wed, 03 August 2005 at 12:57 AM

Either make your demo

(A) time-limited

or

(B) save-disabled

but NEVER both. If you're THAT freakin paranoid that someone's going to make the next LOTR using only the Poser demo and James, then you need to retire from the software biz and buy a tinfoil hat. The only other notable program I've seen do this is FormZ, which has one of the most unintuitive UIs I've ever witnessed (It makes Blender look simple in comparison). Obviously, Poser has a much better UI than FormZ (and I actually do like Blender quite a bit, but its UI is not my favorite part about it), but some do find it a bit daunting. Demo software that is time-limited AND save-disabled DOES NOT encourage anyone to buy the actual program.

Message edited on: 08/03/2005 00:57

wolf359 ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 5:15 PM

especially one that can take hours to render any complex scene with anything more than a nekkid jessi in it :-)

My website

YouTube Channel

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.