Mon, Oct 21, 10:45 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Community Center

Welcome to the Community Center Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny Forum Coordinators: Anim8dtoon

Community Center F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 21 3:28 pm)

Forum news, updates, events, etc. Please sitemail any notices or questions for the staff to the Forum Moderators.

Subject: Is anyone else having problems viewing gallery?

Spanki ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 12:13 AM · edited Tue, 10 September 2024 at 10:56 AM

I'm not sure when this started, but sometime within the last day or three, I can no longer view images in the galleries here. Anyone else having that problem or any ideas on how to fix it? (IE 6).

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 1:32 AM

Flush your internet history, cookies and cache, log out from Renderosity, then log back in. Check your system clock is set to the right date. Check on your firewall/adblocker settings to ensure you haven't accidentally blocked images from here. Just a few things to try... Karen :-)

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

Spanki ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 2:42 AM

Hmm.. tried all that, I think, and still no go. I can see thumbnails fine in the marketplace. I can browse thumbnails and gallery images at 3DCommune, but I don't get ANY thumbnails or gallery images from Renderosity anymore. Any other (or more specific) ideas? Could you ask the admins if anything changed in the past few days? Thanks for the help, - Keith

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 2:48 AM

I use IE6 and the galleries are ok.

Spanki ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 5:25 AM

Still puzzled. Firefox browser works fine and as I mentioned, I can see thumbnails and galleries on other sites, as well as thumbs and images in the marketplace. There must be something specificly set in IE6.0 related to the galleries here that's doing it, but I hadn't found anything yet.

KarenJ ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 5:33 AM

I will move this post into the Community Forum so that it's seen by the Admins.

"you are terrifying
and strange and beautiful
something not everyone knows how to love." - Warsan Shire

xantor ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 1:30 PM

Check all the settings in internet explorer and your firewall program, it could be some small thing that is stopping you from looking at the galleries.

TerraDreamer ( ) posted Mon, 01 August 2005 at 7:04 PM

Once I got rid of anything Symantec, life is good again.

Jenai21 ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 9:27 PM

I don't know if this has been solved or not but the same thing happened to me I have Firefox and all day yesterday I couldn't see any images from Renderosity but I had no problem seeing them anywhere else on the internet...at the end of the day I finally figured out that I had accidently blocked images from the Renderosity server...so all I had to do was right click and click on unblock images from this server...I hope this helps...Jenn

Spanki ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 9:48 PM

so all I had to do was right click and click on unblock images from this server... Still not solved... can you tell me 'where' you did the right-click thing? I don't get that option in IE6 - firefox is working fine here and everywhere else, IE6 works fine everywhere except for here.

justjon ( ) posted Tue, 02 August 2005 at 10:25 PM

I've got the same problem. I use IE6 but I also use Norton and the last Live Update I did was a "program update".I wonder if this has any thing to do with it. Everything was fine until a couple of days ago. I've tried switching off the firewall and antivirus, no change. The thumbs in the market place are ok.

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 1:52 AM

[see title] Thanks.

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 10:42 AM

It probably has nothing to do with the admins here, it is much more likely to be a problem with your computer some way, especially when IE6 shows gallery pictures ok on other computers.

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 11:04 AM

Attached Link: http://www.renderosity.com/messages.ez?ForumID=12357&Form.ShowMessage=2357198

It might well be some problem on my machine, but the problem oddly arose after some recent changes to R'osity... >> We have made a few changes over the last few days that should really help the site. >> Clint (see linked thread)

xantor ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 11:46 AM

Yes but why does IE6 show galleries perfectly on my computer? If changes were made that stopped the galleries working properly then surely it would be the same for everyone, or at least the same for people using the same browser?

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 12:37 PM

I dunno xantor - although I have access to MY store and other acounting options, which you don't have, you can mange YOUR homepage settings/etc, but I can't, so it won't necesarily be the same for everyone. I'm just her asking for assistance in getting the problem solved. I don't really care where the problem is based, only in findig a fix. If someone can tell me exactly where such a blocking might be occuring on my end, I'll happily go check it, but so far, I haven't found it. Thanks.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.