Wed, Oct 2, 11:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Poser - OFFICIAL

Welcome to the Poser - OFFICIAL Forum

Forum Coordinators: RedPhantom

Poser - OFFICIAL F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Oct 02 9:25 am)

Subject: Can someone explain this little hair thing to me?

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 12:57 AM · edited Wed, 02 October 2024 at 9:39 PM

file_279157.jpg

It renders pure white. Shows in preview. Shows loaded in texture. Only thing is, it did not load onto a figure as I've imported the figure as an object. It's not ambient. I tried it at 1.0 and default 0.0

stewer ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 1:54 AM

Turn up "texture strength" in the texture node to 1.0.

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 1:55 AM

I hadn't looked to see how it's supposed to be, but at first glance.... see that 'Texture_Strength' line item, at the bottom of the texture node? Shouldn't that be set to 1.0?

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 1:56 AM

..or maybe the one on the trans node should be 0.0? (I still hadn't fired up Poser to look)

Cinema4D Plugins (Home of Riptide, Riptide Pro, Undertow, Morph Mill, KyamaSlide and I/Ogre plugins) Poser products Freelance Modelling, Poser Rigging, UV-mapping work for hire.

Spanki ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 1:56 AM

Ahh.. x-posted with stewer ;).

byAnton ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 2:05 AM

hehe. Good eagle eyes there. I was thinking it might have been an out of memory instance but I missed the strength too. :)

-Anton, creator of Apollo Maximus
"Conviction without truth is denial; Denial in the face of truth is concealment."

Over 100,000 Downloads....

richardson ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 11:38 AM

Replies from stewer, Spanki, and Anton. Tuesday morning...duely noted! lol Thanks Yep Tex strength. Did not even look there. It loads this way.

Fazzel ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 12:22 PM

No, Spanki, if the trans node were set to 0.0 then you would lose the effect of the trans map. It has to be set to 1.0

Kristta ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 3:54 PM

bookmark

Puntomaus ( ) posted Wed, 03 August 2005 at 5:42 PM · edited Wed, 03 August 2005 at 5:43 PM

This happens only with the hr2 version in the Hair folder. The three Cr2s for Jessi, SP3 and V3 are set up correct. And setting texture strength to 1 fixes the problem.

Message edited on: 08/03/2005 17:43

Every organisation rests upon a mountain of secrets ~ Julian Assange

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.