Sun, Oct 6, 3:28 PM CDT

Renderosity Forums / Vue

Welcome to the Vue Forum

Forum Moderators: wheatpenny, TheBryster

Vue F.A.Q (Last Updated: 2024 Sep 26 4:27 pm)

Subject: Alphatesters needed for new terrain generation tool

cajomi ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2005 at 2:42 AM ยท edited Sun, 06 October 2024 at 1:29 PM

Attached Link: http://www.cajomi.de

Hi all, I am looking for alphatesters for a new terrain generation tool. It is a high quality 32 bit heightresolution tool, with much control over the generation. Most important for Vue users: It has an export-modul, which increases the heightresolution for Vue with the factor 6. That means, that there are really high detailed landscapes possible in Vue (landscapes equal to Terragen). Alphatester will get a free licenze or a good rabatt of the final version, depending on the engagement. Just send me an email alphatester@cajomi.de with a link to your works. Johannes Rosenberg

silverblade33 ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2005 at 6:00 AM

wow that's AWESOME work in your gallery!

"I'd rather be a Fool who believes in Dragons, Than a King who believes in Nothing!" www.silverblades-suitcase.com
Free tutorials, Vue & Bryce materials, Bryce Skies, models, D&D items, stories.
Tutorials on Poser imports to Vue/Bryce, Postwork, Vue rendering/lighting, etc etc!

jc ( ) posted Thu, 04 August 2005 at 1:03 PM

Yes, nice work! But don't procedural terrains already allow infinite detail in Vue 5 Infinite? Of course these are not exportable as high rez mesh terrains, like your would be and great exportable mesh terrains from Vue is a worthy goal. I'm not a terrain expert in Vue, so won't volunteer for testing, but i expect you'll find others here :o) Best of luck in your venture - hope you keep us informed of progress here.

cajomi ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 12:27 AM

Well, infinte terrains have infinte detail. But in procedural terrains you can not build a street, or place a hill were you need it. Infinte terrains are absolutly random terrains. GeoControl works with a matrix, which allows you, to create terrains to your needs. Also GeoControl is able to import terrains form heightmaps, with 8bit heightresolution, and recalculate them and add details and so convert them into heigh resolution terrains. This terrains then could be exported as obj files with a high resolution normal map. Johannes PS I am not sure, but I had the impression, that the procedural terrains in Vue also have only a height resolution of 8bit.

jc ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 12:56 AM

Is it possible in GeoControl to have high resolution in only a certain area? For instance could you have low resolution in the distance from a house on a terrain and high resolution near the house and very high on the house site? Or is there a way to do LOD (Level of Detail) depending on viewing distance? Or can section of high resolution be added to a scene as you move onto them? Perhaps these things must depend on the application into which you load your terrain mesh. I don't know the bit resolution of Vue 5 Infinite procedural terrains, or if that concept applies. I believe the manual says that you get more detail as you get closer, and implies that there is no limit. I think they are fractal based. I know what fractals are, but nothing about how they are used in terrains.

cajomi ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 1:17 AM

The possibility to make a close up in a landscape scene is for me also absolut important. To realize this, GeoControl will be able, to generate a close up of a terrian part, which will fit seamlessly in the scene. Best would be, like Vue says, it you can go as close as if you want, but with this procedural behavior you loose the control over the terrain.

bruno021 ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 11:59 AM

Well, if it's not too complicated and in english, I volunteer! Used to be a Terragen user , now Vue Infinite. Feel free to visit my gallery.

cajomi ( ) posted Fri, 05 August 2005 at 12:14 PM

well, I have just taken a look at your artwork and can only say: just join the team!! But please send me an email (alphatester@cajomi.de), so I have it easy to manage the testers with outlook. As you can see in my galerie, I most worked with terragen, and loved the high resolution terrains. But there are some limits, like vegetation, and so I was searching for other solutions. And the result was, that every software has it special advantage, only problem, to get the high resultion terrains in them. Of course my special export does not really reach the full terragen resolution, but it increases the vue resolution, so that the terrains themselves look more convincing and have a terragen touch and are always most better then the Vue terrains themselves.

Privacy Notice

This site uses cookies to deliver the best experience. Our own cookies make user accounts and other features possible. Third-party cookies are used to display relevant ads and to analyze how Renderosity is used. By using our site, you acknowledge that you have read and understood our Terms of Service, including our Cookie Policy and our Privacy Policy.